• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands Image Reveals First Look At Video Game Characters In Live-Action

EGBatxF.jpeg

• New images from the upcoming Borderlands movie finally give fans a proper look at the iconic characters in live-action.
  • Cast members like Cate Blanchett as Lilith and Florian Munteanu as Krieg are seen sporting their iconic looks from the game.
  • The sci-fi action-comedy film follows a group of unlikely allies on a mission to save a tycoon's missing daughter on the planet Pandora.
As anticipation grows for the movie's release, new Borderlands images have arrived with proper looks at its ensemble cast of characters.

With just a few months remaining until it hits theaters, People has revealed new images from the Borderlands movie.

Cate-Blanchett-Borderlands-021924-1-0bd7f6be0cb7411d8e15ea24f009553e.jpg
Cate-Blanchett-Borderlands-021924-tout-c9f2c3760f8e4bada9ce12c36f61f99d.jpg

The images, as seen above, reveal a proper first look at the video game characters in live-action, with prior images only teasing their designs in black and white and backlit shots. The cast are all seen donning their iconic looks from the Gearbox franchise, namely Cate Blanchett's Lillith sporting her iconic red hair, as well as Florian Munteanu's Krieg in his psycho outfit.

Last edited:

poodaddy

This finished shooting several years back. They've had to call a few of the actors back for reshoots and additional photography quite a lot over the past three years. Usually when a film spends that long in post production, it's not a great sign.....I hope I'm wrong and that it's good though. I really like the first Borderlands game a lot, hoping this does it justice.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I just hope it’s as clever and hilarious as Borderlands 3.

I think it would be really innovative if the entire show had nonstop radio chatter of people yapping and making shit + piss jokes.

intbal

Is this the one that was so bad they had to throw out the entire film and start over from scratch?
I swear I read about a recently made movie like that.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Cate-Blanchett-Borderlands-021924-1-0bd7f6be0cb7411d8e15ea24f009553e.jpg
Cate-Blanchett-Borderlands-021924-tout-c9f2c3760f8e4bada9ce12c36f61f99d.jpg

I thought they would use cell-shading

Kadve

Most of these look fine but Jamie Lee Curtis as Tannis? They look nothing like each other and im not sure if playing a crazy person is something she does well.

Zuzu

I’m surprised that Cate Blanchett is cast as Lilith. I kind of wouldn’t think that an actress of her calibre would be into something like this. I hope it’s genuinely funny.

Doom85

I have to say, never thought I’d see the day we were getting a Borderlands movie with Cate Blanchett and Jamie Lee Curtis.

Although Jamie maybe shouldn’t be too surprising since she legit loves stuff like Street Fighter and One Piece (even saying she’d be open to the idea of playing the role of Dr. Kureha in the live action version if she liked what she saw of Season 1 when it aired).

Not sure how I feel about Kevin Hart as Roland, I like Hart, but IIRC Roland’s personality doesn’t really fit with Hart’s usual style, but maybe he’ll surprise me.

And Jack Black as Claptrap, okay, that’s pretty cool.

I can’t remember the last time Jamie Lee Curtis was in a bad movie.

I know we’re all cynical over here but Borderlands 1 wasn’t even a good story in my opinion, B2 was waaaaay better so I don’t think the bar is that high.

Shut0wen

Its an eli roth film, expect it to be mega ahit, straight to dvd actor that some how knows some powerful that funds his shit mind

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Cate Blanchett is excellent, but I don't think this will be any good, or the "so bad it's good" movie people may want it to be.

Every single video game movie is a waste of time and money.
They lied to Cate Blanchett and told her she was on the Mad Max set. She's too classy for this.
I wish she was in a Mad Max movie, playing a bad guy or girl (Considering she played Bob Dylan, she could do either just fine).

Boralf

Why all these game adaptations? Are they good now or are they making money now? And why Borderlands? I thought that game barely had any story. Is it a movie about upgrading guns and loot drops? And who is this targeted at? And why? And so many questions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom