• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Liam Hemsworth Replacing Henry Cavill as Geralt in Season 4 of The Witcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManaByte

“My journey as Geralt of Rivia has been filled with both monsters and adventures, and alas, I will be laying down my medallion and my swords for Season 4,” said Cavill in a statement. “In my stead, the fantastic Mr. Liam Hemsworth will be taking up the mantle of the White Wolf. As with the greatest of literary characters, I pass the torch with reverence for the time spent embodying Geralt and enthusiasm to see Liam's take on this most fascinating and nuanced of men. Liam, good sir, this character has such a wonderful depth to him, enjoy diving in and seeing what you can find.”

Hemsworth is thrilled about this new adventure. “As a Witcher fan I’m over the moon about the opportunity to play Geralt of Rivia,” he said in a statement. “Henry Cavill has been an incredible Geralt, and I’m honoured that he’s handing me the reins and allowing me to take up the White Wolf’s blades for the next chapter of his adventure. Henry, I’ve been a fan of yours for years and was inspired by what you brought to this beloved character. I may have some big boots to fill, but I’m truly excited to be stepping into The Witcher world.”

Cavill has bigger shoes to fill now.

Gudji

wtf GIF

What a downgrade. Cavill was the equivalent of a HD TV in a burning house. The Witcher isn't on the same level as other fantasy shows, most people forgot about it due to the extended time in-between seasons.

ANIMAL1975

After 3 seasons with Cavills bad hass charisma portraying Geralt, Liam is going to need a 180 on its image _ just look at that sweet photo in the first post. Lol

Kuranghi

Seemed basically shite overall anyway, one of these modern TV shows where people say its "Brilliant!" and that actually means it's acceptable. Par for the course these days, so much rubbish coming out.

There's been few actually brilliant TV shows in the last 20 years, like less than 20 shows.

Last edited:
That is devastating news for the entire Witcher franchise including the future games.

They really needed to up the money they were paying him and probably shorten the season and commitment.

They're probably better off shutting the show down after season 3 then.

gothmog

Gold Member
I didn't like the show enough to really care about this. Good for Cavill, though. Looks like his star is rising again.

YuLY

Cavill carried the show...and even with him it was average (with some really good eps here and there like first ep of S2).

I watched and liked it cause at least it wasnt super woke and I like the universe and Cavill's portrayal of Geralt. Without him, whats even the point? Geralt will probably be less of an important char and put focus on Ciri and Yen...yea no thanks, season 3 will probably my last.

Last edited:

Hardensoul

Gold Member
leaving Geralt, which he did an entertaining job of....to continue playing his horrible version of Superman. ugh
It's not going to be Zach Snyder version. His recent interviews and rumors has alluded to reason he came back is to be the more traditional moral/uplifting Superman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom