• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher Producers Promise a Lore Accurate Transition from Henry Cavill to Liam Hemsworth

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
henry-and-liam-header3.jpg

The third season of Netflix’s The Witcher starring Henry cavill, Anya Clalotra and Freya Allan is only three days away and as part of the press junket we are getting more and more interviews. This time executive producers Tomek Baginski and Steve Gaub gave their elaboration to Yahoo on how The Witcher intends to address the big white-haired elephant in the room.During the interview, Baginski spoke about how The Witcher is going to address the recasting of Geralt of Rivia when Season 4 is back on our screens, but it’s a different person we’re looking at.

Baginski continues:
I shudder to think how they will butcher this when one of the few people that have a shit about the lore is gone (Cavill).

Geralt gets stomped by Vilgefortz so bad, they have to repair his face... calling it now!

Half jokes aside, the show has been a joke since the first season, producers cherry picking elements from the book and transforming it into a shitty narrative.

As other posters have pointed out, other than Geralt the casting has been so poor. Nothing against Anya, but she makes a poor Yennefer of Vengerberg.

Anyone remember big bad beetle borgs? They changed actress for the girl and it was weird
The only thing I remember about that show was the creepy Jay Leno clown and that there was be episode where the bad guys put them on crucifixes and beat the shit out of them. That was a weird ass show.

Azurro

Banned
Netflix: "Lore is very important for us!"
Also Netflix:

trist-in-netflix-adaption-111019.jpg

I immediately stopped watching after realising Netflix erased the game's Triss character and put some random woman in there and called her Triss MeriESGold.

How did they screw up Yennefer's casting as well?

I will dip my toes in the water out of curiosity. The first two seasons were entertaining enough. I don't actually have any attachment to anything Witcher-related.

Braag

As lore accurate as season 2 was I'm sure.
The writers really shat all over this show after S1.

Drizzlehell

Banned
giphy.gif

So far all they did with the lore was to wipe their asses with it so NOW we're supposed to believe that they're gonna get their shit together?

Unless by "lore accurate" they mean Netflix lore.

Top Bottom