• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 4 may continue Geralt's Story

Stamps1646

The upcoming Witcher game is either a prequel or a sequel, with the possibility of being a trilogy(rumored)

• If it's a prequel, I can see you having a choice of Witcher to either choose from or create.
  • If it's is a sequel, I believe Cirilla will be the Witcher protagonist that you would play.

CDPR is also working on 2nd Witcher game.

Dazraell

The upcoming Witcher game is either a prequel or a sequel, with the possibility of being a trilogy(rumored)

• If it's a prequel, I can see you having a choice of Witcher to either choose from or create.
  • If it's is a sequel, I believe Cirilla will be the Witcher protagonist that you would play.

CDPR is also working on 2nd Witcher game.

They have three Witcher projects in development
  • Polaris - also known as "The Witcher 4", start of the new trilogy and their main project
  • Canis Majoris - The Witcher 1 Remake in development at Fool's Theory studio who is their external partner. It'll come after Polaris and use the same tech
  • Sirius - spin-off by Molasses Flood which is CDPR's internal studio. It was recently internally rebooted

Bkdk

Sure continue his story, but hopefully the main char will be customizable, also hire the best modders they could find from modding sites to make a robust character creation system and create the best looking bodies. Don't suck like that junk character creation they have from cp2077.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I may be wrong, but I think they will try to distance themselves from the past trilogy and giving more space to set up the new cast. They will probably use new characters, have some from the books who haven't yet appeared in games or some from past games who haven't appeared in TW3. Similarly with the setting, we will probably visit some other parts of TW world that we haven't yet seen in games. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if we will have a small Geralt cameo or references though

I also think that new witcher (regardless if it's set character or V / Shepard-adjacent character where we can edit their appearance) may feel like a very difficult step, especially after how successful and inseparable Geralt's character feels with this franchise, but it's definitely a challenge that may ultimately help the series to grow and not keeping it stale. And it's not like that they're keeping Geralt out as he will be a main character in The Witcher 1 Remake. We will definitely see some new content with Geralt in it that wasn't present in the original game
Only time will tell. But I think the trend with CDPR is narrative driven games with Witcher as the benchmark. It could easily be another Cyberpunk where character is more or less preset but you can customize them heavily from character build down to appearance and genotype. Unless of course they go further and decide whether you are a Witcher, Sorcerer/Sorceress or a seasoned Soldier if they wanted to follow the different origin points similar to CP2077.

Although I think different Witcher origins are more likely.

Only certainty we really have is Cat/Lynx school involvement which I think would be the best entry point as Cat school employed the most variety in Witchers.

Although they could potentially do something where you choose between say Wolf, Lynx, Manticore Schools as a origin point each giving you specific questlines/gear for that school.

Top Bottom