• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Endwalker |OT|

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
So a little over 30 hours I think?

Accordin to folks on twitch Alphascape took over 40 hours and Edens Promise took 30-somethin hours. So Abyssos is indeed pretty tough for being just the second tier. They also mentioned Alexander took way longer but the game was very different back then (i wouldnt know i wasnt playing).

Valonquar

Mixing debuffs for towers multiple times with other shit also going on at the same time is nuts. I remember back in vanilla ARR when people couldn't handle hot potato in Coil T2.

Still trying to catch the last few rare animals on island while waiting on time gated currency for mounts
Here's a good page for timing them:

Last edited:

Sub_Level

Skip to 7:40 for the rage LOL

For context: this guy is a Warrior main. His group was progging the phase for like 16 hours. He switches to Gunbreaker, a job he doesn't like nearly as much, and they easily clear the DPS check. A similar substitution happened in another group during the World Race where they replaced their Red Mage with a Black Mage.

Celcius

°Temp. member

Skip to 7:40 for the rage LOL

For context: this guy is a Warrior main. His group was progging the phase for like 16 hours. He switches to Gunbreaker, a job he doesn't like nearly as much, and they easily clear the DPS check. A similar substitution happened in another group during the World Race where they replaced their Red Mage with a Black Mage.

Same with Slime Time as well. Zheph is a PLD main but had to switch to Gunbreaker to meet the DPS check

Cyberpunkd

I played 3 years back on the PS4 Pro, had a blast. I think I finished the main story and moved to Heavensward. Will I have fun doing things solo for all the other expansions? How much content is there from where I am?

Last edited:

Valonquar

I played 3 years back on the PS4 Pro, had a blast. I think I finished the main story and moved to Heavensward. Will I have fun doing things solo for all the other expansions? How much content is there from where I am?
There's a shitton of content to solo through. If you like watching the cutscenes and the story focus it remains top tier.

U29CCKc.png

Got it a week faster than I was expecting, but was way off from the 17000 cowries in one week achievement (looks like I'll end the week with ~12000). That one is going to be a little tricky to get. Perhaps it'll be easier during a content lull, where less players are affecting the supply & demand?

Last edited:

Valonquar

Mad grats! Looks like other players islands don't effect yours. It will be next week for my bike :(

Just have gator & goobbue left for all NMs caught.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

Finally finished it after 5 straight months of playing, and damn, what an experience, I never imagined an MMO could be this fun. I did NOT think it was perfect, even in later expansions there's just too many MSQ that are just...talking to people or searching an area. Would love more of those quest battles.

Hugely disappointed at the new game+ implementation, wish we could replay individual quests.

I played the entire game as a PLD, which might have been a mistake, it did get repetitive eventually, but the further I got the more I didn't wanna grind up a new class. But I might get my toes wet now that it's over.

Killer Soundtrack, lovable characters, and while it did end up a tiny bit cheesy, the ending quests hit hard. They need to work out pacing, but this game is just fantastic overall, none of the stuff I could nitpick over significantly impacted my enjoyment.

Thank you soooooooooo much GAF, for talking me into this game. Despite it's ups and downs, it was an amazing journey.

BTW I know you made this post a week ago, but I wanted to say hopefully you’re taking a long break from this game lol don’t burn yourself out. When you’re ready to return there’s a bunch of major side stories you can check out assuming you haven’t done them. In particular I’d recommend

Warring Triad (Heavensward, bonus Trials)
Alexander (Heavensward, 8-man raid)
Shadow of Mhach (Heavensward, 24-man raid)
Omega (Stormblood, 8-man raid)
Return to Ivalice (Stormblood, 24-man raid)
Sorrow of Werly (Shadowbringers, bonus Trials)
Eden (Shadowbringers, 8-man raid)

And of course there’s the ongoing Pandaemonium & Myths of the Realm raids for Endwalker right now. These are all highly story-focused quests that add a ton of backstory. Unfortunately they are not voice acted so its a lot of reading : )

wvnative

BTW I know you made this post a week ago, but I wanted to say hopefully you’re taking a long break from this game lol don’t burn yourself out. When you’re ready to return there’s a bunch of major side stories you can check out assuming you haven’t done them. In particular I’d recommend

Warring Triad (Heavensward, bonus Trials)
Alexander (Heavensward, 8-man raid)
Shadow of Mhach (Heavensward, 24-man raid)
Omega (Stormblood, 8-man raid)
Return to Ivalice (Stormblood, 24-man raid)
Sorrow of Werly (Shadowbringers, bonus Trials)
Eden (Shadowbringers, 8-man raid)

And of course there’s the ongoing Pandaemonium & Myths of the Realm raids for Endwalker right now. These are all highly story-focused quests that add a ton of backstory. Unfortunately they are not voice acted so its a lot of reading : )

I did Alexander and Eden, I will probably do Omega, but I AM quite tired, and uncertain if I will stay subbed or not. I have so much else to play. Not likely to do the 24 man raids, I didn't really like the one they made me do in ARR. 24 people is just too much.

Right now I am playing other games and just logging into this and messing around when I'm bored.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
I did Alexander and Eden, I will probably do Omega, but I AM quite tired, and uncertain if I will stay subbed or not. I have so much else to play. Not likely to do the 24 man raids, I didn't really like the one they made me do in ARR. 24 people is just too much.

Right now I am playing other games and just logging into this and messing around when I'm bored.

24 Man Raids are really simple and more spectacle than anything. You don’t need to worry too much about trying as even on the hardest Raids, you can still pretty much get through them by face rolling your keyboard.

I love them if only because of the spectacle. Seeing these massive zones, exploring them, and listening to some of the absolute gorgeous music - Balance in the Sands IIRC? Was the song for the final boss of the latest 24 man. Absolutely brilliant.

Valonquar

Gobbuue caught, so all rare island creatures in the pasture now. I think at the end of the day I'll finally have the motorcycle too. 90\99 Windswept archfiend totems. Seen the mount drop twice in 40 runs ooof.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Gobbuue caught, so all rare island creatures in the pasture now. I think at the end of the day I'll finally have the motorcycle too. 90\99 Windswept archfiend totems. Seen the mount drop twice in 40 runs ooof.
oof, clearing that fight 45 times is dedication
/salute

Celcius

°Temp. member
For the next month I’m going to try to improve my raiding skills as much as possible (my ultimate goal in the game is to clear DSR someday). So far in Endwalker I’ve cleared EX1-4 many times, P1S and P2S many times, then I didn’t clear P3S and P4S before the new tier started and now nobody wants to run them so I guess I’ll just start with P5S and work my way up the new tier.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

P5S progging in PF makes me wish I had a static lol

Its just a diceroll. After 10 hours to clear P1S in PF back in 6.0 I am just sticking to the Extremes & Relic Weapon. Savage can be done in PF after dozens of hours, but at that point I’d rather just get my relic lol. Dozens of hours is an entire other game length.

The best time to do P5S in PF was probably release week : (

Celcius

°Temp. member
Ugh I’ve been trying to clear p6s all weekend. I’ve been at 1%-2%-0.8% enrage all day. I even got someone to let me join a clear party and they kept making mistakes and disbanded. Feelsbad man.

Edit:got the clear at 1am. Now to get some sleep before work in the morning.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
I’m like halfway through P7S (progging purgation) and I think I’m going to take a break from savage raiding. It just feels like having a second job and doing it all through PF makes it take far longer.

I think next I’ll work on completing my ShB relic weapon before 6.25 and also working on my squadron to become captain.

Last edited:

Nico_D

The more I play, the more I run into mentors who like. to. talk. They talk, they talk, they talk some more without anyone asking. They ask other players not to start the fight until they've talked and when they are about to stop, they put on a countdown timer and you shouldn't start the fight before the countdown timer is down to 0. And when the fight is failed, they ask if we could communicate some more. And they put on info dumps on new players, explain EVERY single thing and put the markings all over the arena blocking view and saying when you are in state X, you should go to F and if you are in state Y, you should go to U and and and...

You'd think this is rocket science or something.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
The more I play, the more I run into mentors who like. to. talk. They talk, they talk, they talk some more without anyone asking. They ask other players not to start the fight until they've talked and when they are about to stop, they put on a countdown timer and you shouldn't start the fight before the countdown timer is down to 0. And when the fight is failed, they ask if we could communicate some more. And they put on info dumps on new players, explain EVERY single thing and put the markings all over the arena blocking view and saying when you are in state X, you should go to F and if you are in state Y, you should go to U and and and...

I am thankful I haven’t had that experience. I tend to just tell players the big mechanics like the Kefka switch up and let them go in blind. It’s so much more fun that way.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

Isn't it frustrating when the Burger Kings of FFXIV think you are stupid and can't clear content? They kind of suck the fun out of discovering new encounters under the guise of not wasting time but then waste time telling you everything when you can spend a fraction of that time looking at a video guide.

Nico_D

Isn't it frustrating when the Burger Kings of FFXIV think you are stupid and can't clear content? They kind of suck the fun out of discovering new encounters under the guise of not wasting time but then waste time telling you everything when you can spend a fraction of that time looking at a video guide.

Precisely!

Just yesterday I was playing Ramuh Extreme which seem to be the one pulling the worst explainers.

There were two tanks, one lvl 60 who had played it before and one lvl 50 who hadn't. Never mind lvl 60 doesn't make you an expert on content but anyway.

Lvl 60 told lvl 50 that it is ok to ask if he doesn't know something about the fight and then progressed to explain the mechanics to the lvl 50 without him even asking.

Ok, we got to playing. Died. Lvl 60 explain again. With many words. I started a ready check, everybody was ready and we played. And failed. Lvl 50 said this is too difficult for him at this point but we encouraged him to keep trying.

Failed again. Lvl 60 started explaining everything again, all the same things he had said before without anyone asking, over and over.

I initiated a ready check. Everybody was ready - except lvl 60, he checked "not ready" while still writing his instructions.

I left. Not hanging my gametime because of someone's vanity and loving their own importance.

Some people really like to give advice. And also what you said: basically spoiling content for newcomers.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
It's rather fortunate that Blue Mage can Unsync and just breeze through ARR primals by just meeting a percentage and oneshotting the boss.

I don't have to deal with Mentors that way and can take the loot in like 1-2 minutes per run.

But if you level sync it I think it's better to learn the mechanics since that's what most fights are. Learn mechanics then burn boss.

Sub_Level

I think it would be cool for the inevitable new Tank to be a dual-sword wielder. That would give it a sense of weight and presence, and be a fighting style we haven’t had in the game yet (some of the ninja daggers are huge tho). Could be called Vanguard or Onion Knight, idk.

I assume new caster DPS will be Geomancer. Seems like safest bet and a popular guess among the community.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Another relic weapon down: Blade's Glory

bH6gqP8.jpg

TJS3t1f.jpg

I ended up enjoying the Bozja content and story much more than I thought I would. If you like hunt trains then you'll probably like it as well.
Now the only DRG relic weapon that I don't have is StormBlood but that's the only one where I feel like they dropped the ball because they don't look like anything special and not worth the grind. Now I'll probably get back to savage raiding until 6.25 next month when I can get started on the Endwalker relic weapon quest.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I think it would be cool for the inevitable new Tank to be a dual-sword wielder. That would give it a sense of weight and presence, and be a fighting style we haven’t had in the game yet (some of the ninja daggers are huge tho). Could be called Vanguard or Onion Knight, idk.

I assume new caster DPS will be Geomancer. Seems like safest bet and a popular guess among the community.
It really depends. I think they took away DoTs to make way for a DoT caster. Preferably as strong as BLMs. Geomancer exists in BLU as well in prominent AST job quests. So not sure about Geo but there is a chance.

Outside of Geo, Mystic Knight and Necromancer they would have to create new jobs for casters.

For Tanks I have a suspicion that Beastmaster has a good chance of happening.

It would be nice to have another dualwield job and as a Tank.

But I'm unsure what new job they will add in 7.0.

Unless the new jobs are just going to be reworks of existing jobs.

So I guess in 6.3 and 7.0 we will have new PLD, DRG, and AST jobs.

Sub_Level

Another relic weapon down: Blade's Glory

bH6gqP8.jpg

TJS3t1f.jpg

I ended up enjoying the Bozja content and story much more than I thought I would. If you like hunt trains then you'll probably like it as well.
Now the only DRG relic weapon that I don't have is StormBlood but that's the only one where I feel like they dropped the ball because they don't look like anything special and not worth the grind. Now I'll probably get back to savage raiding until 6.25 next month when I can get started on the Endwalker relic weapon quest.

I had tons of fun in Bozja. Thats the only time the game felt like an actual mmo to me, gettin objectives done on a vast, populated war-torn battlefield. Meeting players out of mutual interest, and actually communicating even if it was just askin for a rez or getting into battle parties. I had fun tryin out the different Lost Actions like one that lets you attack enemies in the back for massive damage.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Do you think there's any chance they don't add new jobs in 7.0? They seem to have a tough time balancing all of the jobs already (aka the world first savage race this tier)

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Well that's my thinking. Since their 2 minute meta is just screwing PvE over IMO I have a feeling we might see huge battle changes in 7.0.

Not sure if they will add new jobs. All we really know is they won't do the double DPS route again. It's probably going to be DPS and Tank.

And I think given they just gave us Reaper to not expect a Edgelord job. I think they wanted something Eastern themed...which could lead into Geo or a new job.

But I dunno. The only thing we know about 7.0 is it's going to involve Krile more. Which could be anything really. And spearheading a character generally means they will showcase a new job.

I think PvP is a test for what a updated battle system will be like. Especially since the 2 minute meta makes all jobs play the same.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I believe the devs said the next jobs they added would probably be unique to FFXIV and not pulled from another FF.
If you mean like Reaper I hate to say it but it isn't unique at all. It's pretty much a mashup of FFXI DRK and a tiny bit of FF5 Necromancer with the Voidsent fulfilling the Oath command.

Do I think they would be unique in some form? Yes. But will they be standalone jobs unique to XIV probably not. Thus far they've been success coasting loosely off of FFXI templates.

The closest you've gotten is potentially Sage who acts nothing like Sages. I feel Sage is probably one of the more unique jobs they've created. And they said their inspiration for Sage is to create a Gundam style job.

Gunbreaker is actually a mishmash of Squall/Seifer and maybe later Lightning and seems promising. Probably my favorite Tank.

And Yoshi P says a lot of things. And half of them are true.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Sigh
I spent like 2 hours in PF trying to get a party for P7S. I ended up dropping and just doing a hunt train instead. I think I could clear the whole raid tier but it would have to be with a static because I think don't think I have the patience to do the 3rd and 4th fights of a tier (and then eventually ultimates) through Party Finder.

While thinking about what to do next, I'm considering doing Eureka. I've got all of the dragoon relic weapons except for that and at least it's something to do that I haven't done before. I wish it were more like Bozja where you can't de-level and don't have to worry about elemental stuff but who knows... maybe I would like it. I just wish we already knew when 6.25 was going to drop because I definitely want to try to get the EW relic weapon as soon as I can.

Valonquar

The first run through Eureka is a bit tough, but once you've done BA a few times and have full +2 armor and the right special lograms for buffs you are a god damn sexual tyrannosaurus.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Well I gave Eureka a try and…. I find it extremely boring. I agree with everyone that said they shouldn’t have tied relic weapons of that expansion behind it. I leveled up to lv 10 and then dropped it. I don’t mind grinding normally but this just feels like mindless grinding for the sake of grinding and wasting my time. The elemental system I think is very easy to understand and I don’t mind it, but the enemies give so little experience and instead of explaining some things they just tell you to go ask other players. The story seemed like it would be interesting at the beginning but then it quickly became non-existent basically. It just feels like there’s literally nothing to do in there but run around killing hundreds of monsters and trying to avoid stronger monsters so that you don’t get one-shotted. Fortunately the relic weapons from SB didn’t look appealing to me anyway so this will be an easy pass for me. I really had fun in Bozja but this just feels boring to me. Ah well…

Edit: giving this another try today. Leveling is much faster using the challenge logs…

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Well I gave Eureka a try and…. I find it extremely boring. I agree with everyone that said they shouldn’t have tied relic weapons of that expansion behind it. I leveled up to lv 10 and then dropped it. I don’t mind grinding normally but this just feels like mindless grinding for the sake of grinding and wasting my time. The elemental system I think is very easy to understand and I don’t mind it, but the enemies give so little experience and instead of explaining some things they just tell you to go ask other players. The story seemed like it would be interesting at the beginning but then it quickly became non-existent basically. It just feels like there’s literally nothing to do in there but run around killing hundreds of monsters and trying to avoid stronger monsters so that you don’t get one-shotted. Fortunately the relic weapons from SB didn’t look appealing to me anyway so this will be an easy pass for me. I really had fun in Bozja but this just feels boring to me. Ah well…
You have to have lots of time for Eureka...Bozja and Zadnor will spoil you for sure.

Celcius

°Temp. member
The game was eating away at my free time. I just deleted my character & deactivated the account. On to the backlog of shows and console games...weeee.

hoXjSks.jpg

RIP
Whoa, you had lots of accomplishments in ff14 too. I understand though... gotta do what's best for you. RIP.

Last edited:
Top Bottom