• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Endwalker |OT|

Celcius

°Temp. member
Finally got my first clear for heaven on high. Someone in my party had the Lone Hero title and their strategies made it much easier.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Today I cleared HoH 3 times in one day and got my True Hero title (and horse mount). I've been using The Azure Dragoon since I first got it back in HW probably so I'm really glad to get this title after finding out it existed. :)

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Been going through this patch super slow but I am enjoying it. Whats the word on the street about the Extreme trial? Is it another party finder nightmare like 6.2? Or is it more in line with Zodiark?

Celcius

°Temp. member
Been going through this patch super slow but I am enjoying it. Whats the word on the street about the Extreme trial? Is it another party finder nightmare like 6.2? Or is it more in line with Zodiark?
I hear it's way easier than ex4 and more in line with the easier extremes. I hear the dps check is extremely lenient and also for part of the fight you can just follow the dorito.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
How you guys liking the story? I’m glad my boy Jullus had some chemistry with Zero. Don’t think anyone expected those two to share that kind of scene together.

SCB3

Does anyone have a good series that I can catch up on for StormBlood, I finished off the HW quests a few years and haven't a clue wtf is happening

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
How you guys liking the story? I’m glad my boy Jullus had some chemistry with Zero. Don’t think anyone expected those two to share that kind of scene together.
Love it! This patch did feel much shorter than normal.

YukiOnna

P1 is quite rough with the puddles/tethers and it seems it really is just random so it's on the fly, then comes P2's Playstation 2.0 and P3 has hello world + patch + another

Celcius

°Temp. member
This is my first time watching an Ultimate WF race and it's been so hype! Everyone seems to be stuck at the same wall at the moment and I can't wait to see more of the fight.

YukiOnna

This is my first time watching an Ultimate WF race and it's been so hype! Everyone seems to be stuck at the same wall at the moment and I can't wait to see more of the fight.
The DPS check in P4 is really tight and outdoes DSR so getting to P5 even takes a long time, lol.
Omega discovering Dynamis is quite interesting though

Celcius

°Temp. member
Looks like Neverland made it to phase 6. DSR was my favorite Ultimate but I think I'm liking this even more. I can't wait until a streaming team reaches p6 so that we can see the transition.

Drama has unfolded lool Apparently one of their members was using a Zoom hack and others and their 9th man leaked it

Yay, time for another episode of FFXIV raiding drama!

Edit: and memes!
b6V2MWM.jpg

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Apparently, it's because one of their 9th, 10th, or 11th man leaked it as the original 8 told them they did not promise to help the supporters to clear. Cue the apocalypse.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Wow this is crazy. It's a shame that this happened in the past and now with TOP. I feel bad for Yoshi P. I feel like their team needs to be banned and it's time for Yoshi P to implement the anti-cheat. People just can't be trusted as they have proven time and time again.

Hello, this is Naoki Yoshida, Producer and Director of FINAL FANTASY XIV.

Following the release of The Omega Protocol (Ultimate) with Patch 6.31, there has unfortunately been information concerning instances of unfair play identified within the community. I would like to take this opportunity to share information on our investigation and actions on this matter.

Regarding the Use of Third-party Tools, Investigating Use, and Enacting Penalties​

We are aware of information that is being spread regarding the use of third-party tools within The Omega Protocol (Ultimate)—we are conducting an investigation on the matter, including reviewing of reports we have received, as well as self-confessions and other information.

In the event that we confirm the use of third-party tools through this investigation, we will enact penalties such as temporary account suspension or permanent account bans to those involved. However, details on any punishments enacted will not be publicized—this has been the case in other similar instances. This is not a result of any desire to hide punishments given, nor is it to make it seem as though punishments are not given; it is because of a firm belief that penalties such as this are enacted against an individual as part of our operations, and is therefore not information which should be publicized. Your understanding on the matter is greatly appreciated.

When other instances of unfair play were identified during previous ultimate raids, we enacted penalties at that time as well. If an investigation is carried out and the facts are confirmed, we have not, and will not overlook this kind of wrongdoing.

Regarding the Prohibited Use of Third-party Tools​

As I have mentioned previously, the terms of service for FINAL FANTASY XIV state that the use of third-party tools is strictly prohibited. This has always been the case and will continue to be so, and unless announced otherwise, there are no plans to enact any changes.

I have come across posts from individuals that say things along the lines of, “Yoshida allows the use of third-party tools, so it’s fine to use them.” However, let me make it clear that I have never permitted the use of these tools. You may find information below from past posts and livestreams which outline my stance and policies surrounding third-party tools.

Regarding the Illicit Publicizing of Post-clear Cutscene​

We have confirmed that a video showing the cutscene that plays upon clearing The Omega Protocol (Ultimate) at a time before the fight had been cleared was posted on video upload sites. We conducted an investigation on this matter and discovered the cause of the issue. Through sending a cleverly disguised but illicit information packet from the user’s end while on the public game server, it is possible to manipulate the playback condition flag intended for use when replaying cutscenes via The Unending Journey. As a result, it was possible to play this cutscene via The Unending Journey, from which a video was then recorded and posted publicly. I wish to apologize that our measures to counteract these illicit packets was insufficient to prevent this occurrence.

Due to other illicit actions which occurred in the past, we had taken the steps to adjust the timing at which cutscene resources are applied to the client, but because of the above incident, the cutscene resources became illicitly obtainable even though proper countermeasures had been taken. We will continue to consider additional measures which can be taken and look to strengthen our ability to manage and address these instances.

However, for this particular case, we have identified the character who partook in this illicit action and have enacted a penalty against the account.

Regarding the Spread of Illicit Videos​

Separate from the above incident, we have also confirmed that a small portion of footage that is not possible to record on the public game servers had also been circulating. We have numerous countermeasures in place when it comes to data leaks, including how information is handled, the entering and exiting of content, and video recordings—it is suspected that this video originated from an internal source. We are continuing thorough investigations on this matter as well, and a firm punishment will be given to anyone who is identified as the perpetrator.

We will continue to enact countermeasures against this, and I want to extend my sincere apologies for actions such as these that put a damper on everyone's enjoyment in progressing through and clearing the content. I will continue to keep this at the top of my mind as well as work to strengthen prevention measures.

In Closing​

It is extremely disappointing for me personally to see this commotion surrounding third-party tools once again in the wake of what happened with Dragonsong’s Reprise (Ultimate). As the individual who is entrusted with full supervision over FFXIV, it is my responsibility to enact countermeasures and police the use of these tools, as well as educate people to not use these types of third-party tools—this is especially unfortunate when I, as a gamer, am cheering on everyone who is learning this content by trial and error and putting in the effort to clear.

Although unofficial, I am of course apprised of the race to the World First clear, and we have shown our support for everyone in the community by sharing information on the first clears once multiple clear teams came forth, and exact clear times had been confirmed. However, as announced in a previous statement, I plan to refrain from doing so for the time being. We hear the community voice that an official raid race should be supported, and regulations should be decided upon—this is a topic which needs to be discussed internally, so please allow me to keep this as an item for future consideration.

The ultimate raid series is the most difficult battle content within FFXIV, and we release this content after testing that it can be cleared without the use of any third-party tools. However, if the presumption is that this content will be tackled and cleared with the use of third-party tools, then any reason to develop high-difficulty battle content seems to be lost. It’s very difficult for me to understand as a gamer what the meaning behind using numerous third-party tools to compete to clear first would be.

I want to apologize specifically to the many of you who are continuing towards clearing this content without the use of third-party tools, consistently streaming your progress, and continuing the trial and error process. However, please know that the Development and Operations teams take notice of all your passion. Please be sure to take proper care of yourselves as you continue to tackle The Omega Protocol (Ultimate).

If the illicit use of third-party tools is made clear through our investigations, I, at the very least, will not recognize that team as the true World First.

Naoki Yoshida

FINAL FANTASY XIV Producer & Director
TL;DR: Daddy Yoshida is disappointed, discourages use of addons yet again, and all offenders will receive bans

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Dad sounds livid, too.

oof
"The ultimate raid series is the most difficult battle content within FFXIV, and we release this content after testing that it can be cleared without the use of any third-party tools. However, if the presumption is that this content will be tackled and cleared with the use of third-party tools, then any reason to develop high-difficulty battle content seems to be lost. It’s very difficult for me to understand as a gamer what the meaning behind using numerous third-party tools to compete to clear first would be."

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
TL;DR: Daddy Yoshida is disappointed, discourages use of addons yet again, and all offenders will receive bans
Correct and their achievement, title, and loot/weapon will be deleted. One of their participants was also outed and given a lesser penalty since they were found to not be cheating but still benefitted in some capacity so will lose the rewards but will only be given a warning and not a ban.

A few players also deleted their account/characters because it is illegal to cheat in Japan and if I've read correctly could lead up to 5 years prison time or a 65k fine.

Alongside the veiled threat of potentially not developing more Ultimate fights if the implication that everyone doing them will just cheat to win.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just resubbed because I have unfinished business with P8S. I had nearly talked myself out of even trying but I’m going to transcend my limits AHHHHHHHH. Watching everyone doing the omega protocol motivated me.

Edit: or at least I’ll give it a try if I can get a full party together in party finder… been trying to get a fresh prog group together for 2 hours now...

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Finally got one of my retainers to max level. My other one is 3 levels behind but it shouldn't take much longer for them. Retainers can start bringing in better stuff once they hit max level, right?

edit: finally got my other retainer to max level as well

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Next relic step is 1500 tomes again...

That's it. That's the relic step.

:messenger_neutral:

Works for me. I normally hate the pointlessly long grind for relic weapons. I wouldn't mind as much if there was some fun gameplay attached to it, but Bozja and Eureka both kinda sucked ass. Less we speak on ARR and HW relics, the better.

SCB3

Jumped back in today to maybe finally finish Stormblood and it looks like my FC are now all Germans which is weird and now a domme (Yotsuyu) is wrecking characters, wtf is going on?

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
Today is the 1 year annivesary of me beating Endwalker. I played through every expansion directly. Started in August 2021. Overall, FFXIV is now my favorite game in the series. It's not flawless, but I had more fun playing through the game. I didn't know I could still enjoy this series. Here are my thoughts on each expansion

ARR: A bit of a slow burn. I thought it was mid at first. A lot of people hate on the content between ARR and Heavensward, but to be honest, that is when I started getting hooked. In retrospect, there is a lot of great stuff in ARR. Great foundation laying. Cool progression. The only weak part is the Titan saga. A lot of nice dungeons and what not too. I think at the time, I was just skeptical still, and that kind of effected my opinion of it. Loved the Bahamut and Crystal Tower arcs.

Heavensward: Fantastic. Wonderful story. Loved the journey with Estinian and Ysayle. Cool regions to explore. Unlocked my main class, Machinist and have had a blast ever since. Man, is Ishgard incredible... My only complaint is that the Alexander raid is kind of boring... but has a neat twist at the end.

Stormblood: Some of the most beautiful regions in the game. The story is interesting enough for me, though I think having Doma and Ala Mhigo together kind of makes the pacing weird. I love Kugane, but I wish it wasn't just a stepping stone to the rest of the Far East. Hopefully you get to see more of HIngashi in later expansions. Omega is the best raid content in the franchise, and plus we get the pretty dope Ivalice raids. Stormblood gets hate from a lot, but I loved it.

Shadowbringers: Fantastic. Emet-Selch is a treasure. Get to have some fun with the Scions too. And the Crystarium is the best hub city in the game. If I complaint, its that the regions are basically recycled ARR areas... but that's the point of them, isn't it? It's like that for a reason. Probably the best expansion overall.

Endwalker: High highs and low lows. The problem with this title being the climax is that by all means it should be pretty much a race to the finish,b ut they couldn't do that due to being an expansion for an MMO. It's great up until the Level 84 trial, then it slows down for a bit when instead it should have been ramping up. If they had tightened it up a bit, shortening the later labrynthos and loporrit sections, this would have been the best game. I also think they should have made the Role Quests a mandatory part of the story instead of optional content. As for the post-game patch stuff - Pandaemonium kind of sucks, but I've been enjoying the MSQ. I like the Alliance Raid content too.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Any of you planning to raid in 6.4?
Endwalker was my first expansion to get into raiding and so far I've done all the EX fights, P1S, P2S, P5S, P6S, P7S, and I was burned out for a while but now I'm thinking maybe this could be the first tier that I clear all 4 fights. I'm a PF raider though so I may get burned out again but I may jump back into raiding and give it a go.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Any of you planning to raid in 6.4?
Endwalker was my first expansion to get into raiding and so far I've done all the EX fights, P1S, P2S, P5S, P6S, P7S, and I was burned out for a while but now I'm thinking maybe this could be the first tier that I clear all 4 fights. I'm a PF raider though so I may get burned out again but I may jump back into raiding and give it a go.

Do yourself a favor, find a dedicated Static. It will make your life a lot better, makes the fights more enjoyable, and you don't have to grind 1/3'd as long as you do trying to complete it in PF.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Today is the 1 year annivesary of me beating Endwalker. I played through every expansion directly. Started in August 2021. Overall, FFXIV is now my favorite game in the series. It's not flawless, but I had more fun playing through the game. I didn't know I could still enjoy this series. Here are my thoughts on each expansion

ARR: A bit of a slow burn. I thought it was mid at first. A lot of people hate on the content between ARR and Heavensward, but to be honest, that is when I started getting hooked. In retrospect, there is a lot of great stuff in ARR. Great foundation laying. Cool progression. The only weak part is the Titan saga. A lot of nice dungeons and what not too. I think at the time, I was just skeptical still, and that kind of effected my opinion of it. Loved the Bahamut and Crystal Tower arcs.
I haven't played since the middle of the Shadowbringers patches, but ARR was always the peak of the game for me. I loved the challenge of mastering Coil 1 and 2... also the original Extremes. I was never into the story. I was always in it for the hard fights.

Rising_Hei

I stopped playing this after completing the main storyline of Endwalker (l loved it)
How do the patches compares to the campaign? Is it good? How do current players pass time in Eorzea nowadays?

Last edited:
Surprised that there isn't even a slight hint about 7.0 in MSQ. Figured we would at least be given some sort of direction but we're basically in the same situation as the end of 6.3. Guess we'll have to wait for that Fanfest trailer after all.
Edit: I forgot about Krile's envelope. That's probably the 7.0 hint, but it's incredibly subtle unless someone manages to identify the design on it.

Raid story was good, nice to see the ARR McGuffin back in the story at long last. But man, the fights just don't have any challenge on Normal anymore. Our DF healers died halfway through P9 and we just soldiered on without a problem. Really wish this game still had some middle-ground for challenge, but difficulty in FFXIV these days is basically either Easy or Hard.

That said, I am looking forward to lvl 80 Blue Mage in 2 months. Masked Carnivale is fun, and I might go for the Savage mount again. Right now it's theorized to be the Shadow Wolf from Shadowbringers, but I'm hoping that's not true because that's a downgrade from the iconic Morbol.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
I stopped playing this after completing the main storyline of Endwalker (l loved it)
How do the patches compares to the campaign? Is it good? How do current players pass time in Eorzea nowadays?
I'm really enjoying the current post-MSQ story arc. I say it's worth diving in for.
Current ways to pass the time outside of that include the EX trials, savage raiding, collecting mounts & minions, doing the new relic weapon quests, the storylines of the alliance raid series and the normal raid series are both equally as interesting as the MSQ imho, also there are other interesting sidequests added that involve certain returning groups of characters, etc...
The game is in a great state and there's plenty to do if you want to jump back in.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Another world first race is underway!
I'm skipping savage this time around but I'm watching Zheph, Mr Happy, and Arthars and also looking forward to seeing what the P12S phase 2 boss will look like.

Top Bottom