• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FInal Fantasy XIV for Xbox releases March 21, 2024.

Kumomeme

I would rather have people make their own impressions of the game rather set expectations for them on of how they should view or feel about ARR.

Telling people to pay money to not experience story content that's still relevant all the way to Endwalker isn't the welcome I would give a new player.
THIS. i see tons of people, including my friend who end up really scare to try ARR due to this. they act like that thing could instantly kill him and their entire family lol. this sounds like exeggeration but thats kind of paranoid they end up be SMH.

different people has different preferences. while i agree ARR of its issue, the critism sometimes get unncessary overblown IMO.

it is fine to warn new player but different story if it end up scaring them over something they themself doesnt know.

Last edited:

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
It depends on what you mean by P2W (because people here throw around that term too much even when it's just involving cosmetics).
Are you "optionally" allowed to expedite some step from an item's upgrade or crafting process by using real money? That's what I mean P2W.

This would include buying crafting materials, buying items the increase the odd of success, buying items that lower the "wait" time of a process finishing, buying common currency with real money, buying "booster passes" that affect item power in any way, buying loot boxes or gacha pulls that can drop gear not otherwise accessible to free players etc

So yeah basically if you're doing anything besides cosmetics nearly every other MMO out there has fallen into one of the categories above even the likes of WoW and TES Online have fallen prey to these.

I realize these companies have to make money one way or another but having people whale on their game isn't the way.

Top Bottom