• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Endwalker |OT|

Did they really say they're skipping it? Is that why they changed the approach for the relic weapons? a shame.
At least we're still getting Deep Dungeon...
Sadly, yes. Island Sanctuary basically IS the exploratory zone this expansion, but without any combat or cooperation with other players. They mentioned it would receive updates throughout the 6.x series but I highly doubt it'll be as significant as a new Eureka/Bozja zone.

And yeah, at least they're not skipping DD this expansion like in ShB...

Celcius

°Temp. member
Interesting that they’re now increasing the drop rate for EW EX1 and EX2. I’d love to know what the before/after numbers are.

Interesting that they’re now increasing the drop rate for EW EX1 and EX2. I’d love to know what the before/after numbers are.
If I had to guess from previous expansions, I'd say the original drop rate is probably 5% and gets upgraded to 15%. At least that's what it feels like to me lol

Celcius

°Temp. member
YES the bluefeather lynx is finally mine. The flute dropped for me after getting 74 totems. I also got a blue feather, then sold it on the marketboard, and bought the bluefeather barding for my raptor blue chocobo. Now I'm ready for 6.2 to drop!

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Full Patch Notes are out! Patch should be available to download right now or pretty soon, as well.

You can now read the rationale behind changes related to roles and jobs here:

Just found a shiny Apkallu but I missed with the capture net...
Angry Simon Pegg GIF by Working Title

Update: caught a shiny Karakul, but I missed the Apkallu again lol
Update2: finally got the Red Apkallu, and also a shiny opo-opo and squirrel! Just missing a Coblyn for now (until I upgrade my gear so I can capture bigger animals)

I'm not sure if I'm going to get back to MSQ tonight lmao

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Finished the 6.2 msq.Was pretty cool!

Sorry if this has been asked already, but it looks to me like we’re getting 4 post-xpac msq trials now? Like instead of just 1 msq and 3 optional? Thats a cool change if true. A lot of casual players probably never did Warring Triad or Sorrow of Werlyt so maybe the devs want the playerbase to experience more of the game.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Gave the new EX trial a try with some blind prog today (died) and cleared the new Asphodelos normal raids. I'll try to make more progress tomorrow on EX4.
Now I've got my ilvl to 605 and have 3 pieces of gear with pentamelded materia so far... this is getting very expensive.
Also, everyone is running around with a shiny circle on their back now lol

Last edited:

Meicyn

Gold Member
Love the new battle content. Looking forward to seeing how they wrap up the story into 7.0.

My only major gripe with 6.2 is the archfiends’ cutscenes in MSQ. It’s Mighty Morphin Power Rangers grade dialogue.

”Kill the good guys.“

”Yes my lord.”

”You know the consequences if you fail.”

”I will not fail my lord.”

*fails*

Fucking yawn. The irritating part is that all the good stuff about them is shoved into the optional sidequest after you finish MSQ where it delves into the archfiends’ past. There’s excellent writing in there, why wasn’t THAT in the MSQ? Why waste the voice talent on meaningless prattle? Such a waste IMO.

The raid story is very interesting to me, I am curious to see what happens with Eric. I can only assume that Athena is NOT his biological mother as he assumed. The callback to the whole weird Ascian Prime thingy in Heavensward was neat.

Almost got to Rank 9 Sanctuary last night but fell asleep with the controller in my hands lmao. Haven't done that in YEARS.
9ZX11GD.jpg

My grind is nearly complete... I'm hoping flying unlocks with 9 but there's a 99% chance it's a Rank 10 benefit.

Edit: Rank 9 unlocked literally nothing lol. That's... a weird decision. Previous ranks all had at least one new tool to craft.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

I skipped last patch so I had to spend like 8 hours today getting to ilevel 600 lol. Never wanna see Algaia again (until the relic weapon makes us do it 10 times of course) So now I’m ready to try pugging the Extreme tomorrow *gulp* I’ve heard its harder than Zodiark and Hydaelyn.

Melting Hot Dog GIF

Also wow the native 4K mode on PS5 runs buttery smooth now. It was HORRIBLE when the PS5 version first launched, glad to see it has been optimized. Even in the 24 man raid I wasn’t gettin frame drops.

Sub_Level

Hour 3 of trying to clear the ex in party finder. Seen two separate rage quits and one chat argument LOL

Maybe I will clear by Sunday at this rate.

Finally had time to hit up the new Raids since I reached Rank 10 Sanctuary (still no flying, need to finish upgrades tomorrow)... now that's a goddamn Raid Tier! Each fight is very fun, and I can't stop playing the new song Scream on repeat.
Jamming Rock N Roll GIF by Foo Fighters

I might be in the honeymoon phase with this song, but I already think it's one of the best songs in the game. It's insanely well made.

Edit: Flying unlocked.
YfOJTal.png

You simply need to upgrade everything (renovations, crop/pasture upgrades, etc), so if you want to get flying ASAP you need to resist the temptation to buy the glam/mounts for now, because you'll need that currency for upgrades. Oh and a new mount was added to the shop once you hit Rank 10... and it looks quite awesome. Might be able to get it in 2 weeks time if I min/max the Workshop

Last edited:

Sub_Level

Hour 5 of party finder Storms Crown Extreme. We got to enrage! Annnd of course the party disbanded shortly after cuz a couple people had to leave.

Over It Maid GIF

EDIT: 7 hours in party finder. seen enrage 5 times. Once with 20% health still remaining. Oh my god.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
I’ve seen enrage like 10 times so far…
Doing this without a static is pain

Edit: Finally got the clear!

Last edited:

Sub_Level

I’ve seen enrage like 10 times so far…
Doing this without a static is pain

Edit: Finally got the clear!

Congrats dude. Its such a gamble with what players you end up with. I threw in the towel today, I had joined enrage groups where players were still dieing from phase 1…and people not knowing where to stack after ground pound for aoe baits…

Guess I’ll try again tomorrow, Jesus lol

Sub_Level

“DPS CW” yeah then second entanglement starts and those motherfuckers go right.

And Im sorry but “boss relative” is not real. Thats not a real thing. You have 4 directions, North being one of them, thats all you need.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Finally got my wind swept spear… in the last group we killed her so fast we didn’t even see phase 5!

edit: Also saw some funny healer resurrect messages today:

75ui5xm.png

Last edited:

Valonquar

Welp, I finished off the new PvP rewards. The fat red dragon is...okay I guess. I have one more day of time gate to wait for finishing island sanctuary. I'd be done already but sorta shot myself in the foot by buying the minion before upgrades....

6JPJaXl.jpg

mSiLlTJ.jpg

Celcius

°Temp. member
I’m trying to do some fresh prog on P4S today but nobody cares about it anymore lol. I hadn’t realized that they were going to move the old tier out of the high-end section of party finder, but it does make sense since they’ve done it with all the old savage raids.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

No luck today either. I have taken more time on Barbariccia than Zodiark, Hydaelyn, and P1S combined. I have seen Enrage 13 times? I lost count.

My only hope might be to spend all my money (<under 1 mil) on crafted gear to raise ilvl from 603 to 605. Some PFs mandate 605 so maybe I will have luck there? Worth trying at this point.

Celcius

°Temp. member
No luck today either. I have taken more time on Barbariccia than Zodiark, Hydaelyn, and P1S combined. I have seen Enrage 13 times? I lost count.

My only hope might be to spend all my money (<under 1 mil) on crafted gear to raise ilvl from 603 to 605. Some PFs mandate 605 so maybe I will have luck there? Worth trying at this point.
Oof, sorry to hear that.
I've made millions over the past week by joining hunt trains, then going to radz-at-hanz and trading aphorism tomes for crafting supplies and then trading the clusters and nuts for materia in old sharlyan, and then dumping it all on the market. Was able to buy lots of ilvl 610 gear and pentameld by doing this.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

Also (this is my last time bitching about this I promise I apologize to the thread lol) I like how people intuitively solve the Playstation blue circles. It doesn’t matter what pattern or how complex, it gets solved every time.

People can do that crazy impromptu clusterf*ck. But sprinting to stack south or avoiding whirlpools? Naw man thats too mentally taxing.

Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

Valonquar

The market is dropping fast but you can buy crafting mats with tomes in Rad-at-Zhan and sell them on AH for a tidy profit right now. I've made 5 mil on the Vanadite rocks that sell for 20 tomes each.

YukiOnna

Lol Yoshi-P
"Why is it that everytime when we get to the Battle Adjustments segment people seem to go wild about it? I mean, we have already stated our reason behind the adjustments so nothing extra will be said for it"
"
I saw some comments on Youtube telling me that "You have to give us explanation on "why do you think there is no problem on the adjustments?"", but to begin with, we are doing this to address the issues of the jobs in the game and fix those issues to begin with, so even if you ask us to explain why there is no issues with the job, you will have to detail your intention because we can address it. So yeah."

(Context: Japanese players do have the tendency to make assumptions that "this job doesn't get buff because the devs think there is no issue with the job".)

Bonus:
"Apparently people seem to think that I am doing some revenge adjustments on jobs for PvP because I lose some matches using jobs in PvP. Dude, do you have an idea how MANY THOUSAND matches have I gone through for this? Look, cut me some slack here, REALLY. Cut me some slack but I do not do something like that."
"You guys were just meme'ing, yes? I'll take that as a joke okay? Really, cut me some slack"

from the usual discord

wvnative

Finally finished it after 5 straight months of playing, and damn, what an experience, I never imagined an MMO could be this fun. I did NOT think it was perfect, even in later expansions there's just too many MSQ that are just...talking to people or searching an area. Would love more of those quest battles.

Hugely disappointed at the new game+ implementation, wish we could replay individual quests.

I played the entire game as a PLD, which might have been a mistake, it did get repetitive eventually, but the further I got the more I didn't wanna grind up a new class. But I might get my toes wet now that it's over.

Killer Soundtrack, lovable characters, and while it did end up a tiny bit cheesy, the ending quests hit hard. They need to work out pacing, but this game is just fantastic overall, none of the stuff I could nitpick over significantly impacted my enjoyment.

Thank you soooooooooo much GAF, for talking me into this game. Despite it's ups and downs, it was an amazing journey.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

Streamers look absolutely miserable trying to get through P7. P6 was very challenging for them but they seemed to have more fun.

Sub_Level

Regarding P8 Savage: it looks like sometimes you have to combine the alchemy symbols on your head with another player (by playing the hexagons in a very certain way) to get the desired result. That is insane.

Top Bottom