• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Endwalker |OT|

Meicyn

Gold Member
how do you earn that much money?
Craft furniture. Sell materia. Do Ishgard restoration turn-ins to farm skybuilder scrips, then buy mounts/dye/drip to sell on the marketboard. Play a tank so you always get the adventurer in need bonus for roulettes. I’m sitting on 133M gil and I’m not even trying to make it. There’s a zillion options.

If you do craft, gather your own materials. You knock out achievements, you level up, and your materials only cost you time.

Nico_D

Finished ARR, at 2.5 now. It's a lot better.

Started an alt job as white mage and got it to lvl 48. The plan is to use it for multiplayer as queues are a lot shorter than with black mage - and there's a lot to with WHM in dungeons. BLM is for solo play. At least for now.

Some players are just... they are in constant need of healing and resurrecting as they are trying to pull a lot bigger horde than they are actually able to handle. Only they've been a minority of what I've seen.

Pretty polite players in this one, too. I like that.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
The $50m mount is awesome too... how do you earn that much money? Here I am trying to farm $1m lol.
Play the marketboard by making spreadsheets on what sells and what doesn't, world visit to buy things low and sell things high on home server, I imagine raiders used to do carry runs for gil off of other players back before they cracked down on that.

You'd also have to invest heavily across FC ranks and subs/airship building to go on expeditions to sell rare items that can only be obtained on expeditions.

Also treasure maps.

And triple HQ turn ins.

Adventurer in need bonus for roulettes as well.

Farm GC seals to turn into gil via certain items or the Material containers for minions and mounts to sell.

Nico_D

Took me a while but now I'm 100% sold on the game. Started Heavensward last night, the story is finally getting really good.

Also, started Alchemist and Botanist soon after and I'm feeling like a veil has been lifted: there's so much stuff in this game I didn't know about.

I love how different all the classes are too with very different skills and rotations. And the rotations, and possibilities, are getting more and more complex with levels. Scary but great. It isn't just about spamming one spell anymore.

The Complete Edition is on sale. I'll be picking that up before it ends.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I'll be starting the Hildibrand quest line today since I've never tried it before and also since it will be required for the EW relic quest. Time to see what all the talk is about!

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just completed the Hildibrand quests. I have to admit I enjoyed it lol. It also gives you plenty of cool emotes and minions too!

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Finally got my hands on Gae Bolg after wanting it all these years. I only wanted the base weapon and don't plan on doing all the steps this time around, so fortunately it didn't take long to do

zgzfrDi.jpg

Celcius

°Temp. member
Another relic weapon in the collection: Dreizack Recollection

Bhb8LfP.jpg

then also upgraded Gae Bolg to the Atma stage. I don't think I want to do those books next though...

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
With so many cool weapons in the game, do you guys always use the same weapon or switch it up depending on mood?

Meicyn

Gold Member
With so many cool weapons in the game, do you guys always use the same weapon or switch it up depending on mood?
I try to line up weapon looks with the glamour I have on the character. The armor set is always first, and then the weapon augments the armor.

The variety for me comes from jumping around between jobs, rather than the weapons themselves.

Valonquar

Swap around weapons\glam every few months or so. I do cycle through old ones set to plates sometimes though. As a male Roe my options are much more limited since the textures on so much stuff stretches out into an ugly pixelated mess. The graphical upgrade in 7.0 can't come soon enough.

Nico_D

Oh man. I found crafting about a week ago. I've played a ton of games with variants of crafting but I think this game has the best version of it I've seen.

Started alchemist, then I needed botanist. Soon after I had to have some ingot so took goldsmith and then naturally I needed miner.

I have barely played any MSQ for over a week, just levelling all four. Got ALC to 50, others following. Love the mechanics.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I finally hit enrage in P2S. I just need to keep progging and I know I can get it. Gotta remember to watch for debuffs from Predatory Avarice.

I was going to let my sub run out in 2 days but the past 2 months have been fun times doing all the non MSQ stufff I had missed out on. Hmmm maybe I should continue this savage raising journey until 6.2 comes out and then jump into that new content.

Edit: Cleared P2S 6 times in one day. Now onwards to P3S!

Last edited:

Lasha

I haven't played except to refresh my house timer and socialize since the release of Endwalker. How is the post MSQ story? How does the MSQ compare to the previous expansions?

Celcius

°Temp. member
I haven't played except to refresh my house timer and socialize since the release of Endwalker. How is the post MSQ story? How does the MSQ compare to the previous expansions?
The MSQ is amazing and easily stands as one of the best so far. The post MSQ story is just getting started but is very interesting so far and has me looking forward to 7.0. Endwalker wraps up the original story arc in a better, stronger way than I thought they could, and is one of the best moments in gaming I’ve ever witnessed.

Just a heads up, but the housing demolition timer is currently turned off due to the war in Ukraine, so you don't have to keep subbed for that reason.

As for Endwalker MSQ, most people agree that it's an excellent conclusion to the entire story thus far, but it suffers from some pacing problems.

Post-MSQ is interesting but it's hard to say much because we're not entirely sure where the story is going yet.

Lasha

Just a heads up, but the housing demolition timer is currently turned off due to the war in Ukraine, so you don't have to keep subbed for that reason.

As for Endwalker MSQ, most people agree that it's an excellent conclusion to the entire story thus far, but it suffers from some pacing problems.

Post-MSQ is interesting but it's hard to say much because we're not entirely sure where the story is going yet.
Good to know. I'm still going to weekly social events and stuff. I just haven't had the heart to do the expansion. I played really hard and just burnt out when endwalker dropped.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I just finished reading a guide and watching a video guide for P3S. My brain has melted. How long did this take y’all to clear and did y’all use PF or statics?

Edit: I sat in party finder for over 70 minutes trying to get a full party for P3S but no one seems to be doing it. There are tons of parties for P4S though. I guess I’ll just skip to P4S for the mount, the gear, and unlocking DSR. (and much easier times finding parties)

Edit 2: I’m trying both fights

Last edited:

Nico_D

People keep voting quit on Extreme trials. First we play 20 mins dying and starting over making steady progress - and then they want to quit when the team is learning to play together.

Also, generally there's been good people but the few complainers are annoying. In the last match I was playing WHM on Ramuh Extreme where tank keeps blaming me for standing next to a tank when in fact I was trying to stay in one exact spot - except when moving away from lighting - but tanks kept moving around and dying. Also one of them asked me if I'm playing mechanics. I said no, too hectic - meaning, too busy saving his and others asses over and over and over healing and reviving, putting on regens. "Are I serious" was his answer. Yeah, after reviving couple of people one of another there's not much mana left on the last or next to last phase.

Last edited:
You generally want to use Party Finder for Extremes and other harder content, because they usually require coordination that is beyond many Duty Finder groups. If you're just doing Extremes for the storyline, then you can run it unsynced so higher level players can kill it in 10 seconds flat, or if you want an actual challenge then you can start a synced Learning/Practice party so that everyone is willing to learn and persevere through it. Queueing for Extremes in DF carries a good chance that people will get frustrated and vote abandon after a few wipes for a variety of reasons (little to no progress being made, Mentors unwilling to mentor, new players unwilling to learn or apply effort, etc.). Not saying it's impossible through DF, but you should have a much better time with EXs through PF.

That said, Ramuh is considered one of the hardest ARR Extremes because of the coordination required so I'm not surprised that it's still a DF killer to this day.
Good luck on your next run!

Nico_D

You generally want to use Party Finder for Extremes and other harder content, because they usually require coordination that is beyond many Duty Finder groups. If you're just doing Extremes for the storyline, then you can run it unsynced so higher level players can kill it in 10 seconds flat, or if you want an actual challenge then you can start a synced Learning/Practice party so that everyone is willing to learn and persevere through it. Queueing for Extremes in DF carries a good chance that people will get frustrated and vote abandon after a few wipes for a variety of reasons (little to no progress being made, Mentors unwilling to mentor, new players unwilling to learn or apply effort, etc.). Not saying it's impossible through DF, but you should have a much better time with EXs through PF.

That said, Ramuh is considered one of the hardest ARR Extremes because of the coordination required so I'm not surprised that it's still a DF killer to this day.
Good luck on your next run!

Thanks for the tips! I'm a noob and wasn't even aware of neither unsynched option or practice setups.

Ramuh seems really hard. I think it is really good, having fun with it but I should probably try to open other extremes.

Valonquar

If you are on Aether data center I can unsynced solo anything for GAF folk level 60 and below: dungeons\EX\Savages. Level 70 stuff can be done with 3 or 4 level 90 folks as well.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I finally got my Gae Bolg Nexus!

OKxZyTd.jpg

dJouqqn.jpg

It's my current favorite weapon. Am I crazy for not doing the last steps and not getting Longinus Zeta? The grind in the last steps not to mention the money, GC seals, etc... required is getting pretty steep and I think this one looks better anyway...

Last edited:

Valonquar

Worth doing the full quest once for the achievement (if you care about those) and you can get a glamorable version of any step from an NPC.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Worth doing the full quest once for the achievement (if you care about those) and you can get a glamorable version of any step from an NPC.
Thanks, this post pushed me to continue instead of giving up:

1GqDXIJ.jpg

FINISHED
now to take a break from relic weapons and do some more savage raiding before 6.2 drops and then I start working on the EW relic lol

Nico_D

Yay, won Garuda Extreme. Much easier than Ramuh - and good fun too.

I'm so hooked on crafting/gathering. I haven't finished Heavensward yet - though getting close - and I already have too crafts at lvl 56 and one around 35 and two gatherers about the same. And seeing there's not enough fish on the market board, I started fishing today too.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Woot, just cleared Endsinger Exteme in a single day. That means I was able to complete Haedyln, Zodiark, and Endsinger extremes all in a weekend :)

In terms of difficulty, Zodiark was so easy I cleared on the first run and even though I read a guide, I literally just had to follow the Dorito the entire fight. Haedyln was actually a challenge because she has no ground markers for some reason but we got it in like 9 or 10 pulls. I think Endsinger Exteme may be tougher than P1S and P2S lol. Although it didn’t take me as long to clear, but I think that’s because I have more experience with savages now. Grinding Endsinger Extreme is a good way to grind for the mount and also get better. I died so many times because I kept forgetting to watch her face as soon as a previous mechanic finished but hopefully it’s now muscle memory.

Now the only high-end fights that I haven’t cleared in EW are P3S, P4S, and DSR. I may skip P3S and try to get P4S done before the next tier drops…

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
I’m currently trying to get the Bluefeather Lynx mount. I saw it drop once but I rolled a 2 @_@. Then one time our party had the boss at 0.8% and wiped, then folks quit lol. This may take a while.

Edit: I give up, no way I’m doing 50 clears through party finder. Time to do something else!

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Woot, just got my first 2 person mount- the sky slipper. Now I’ve unlocked all of the Ultimate fights except for DSR. Time to git gud and clear P4S.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Summary of 6.2 Stream. Lot of good stuff coming!
unknown.png

Trailer

That looks like the same scythe as his voidsent
unknown.png

unknown.png

Valonquar

Tank armors this patch just drip. No relics or anything major til 6.25 so just a few hours of story, a run through new 4 raid tiers and then a whole lotta ISLAND SANCTUARY. The crafted sets look good too, so prob do those right away after getting couple pieces of new tome gear.

Last edited:
Really not a fan of glowy/gaudy (the words are interchangeable) gear to be honest. But I know I'm in the minority with that opinion.

As for Island Sanctuary, it looks like a nice time waster, but if I had the choice I'd rather have another exploratory zone. Eureka and Bozja are some of my favorite content in the game and they're just skipping it this expansion. :(

Great trailer though, as usual.

YukiOnna

Really not a fan of glowy/gaudy (the words are interchangeable) gear to be honest. But I know I'm in the minority with that opinion.

As for Island Sanctuary, it looks like a nice time waster, but if I had the choice I'd rather have another exploratory zone. Eureka and Bozja are some of my favorite content in the game and they're just skipping it this expansion. :(

Great trailer though, as usual.
Did they really say they're skipping it? Is that why they changed the approach for the relic weapons? a shame.
At least we're still getting Deep Dungeon...

Top Bottom