• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake: Rebirth Demo dropping tomorrow

Lethal01

Similar to RE4R and Elden Ring, once the games comes out and people start enjoying the game NONE of these graphic whining matters, none of it.

We go through same crap every time......This should be clear by now that majority of Japanese devs maybe other than Kojima dont care about having top of the line high tech graphics.

Dont worry we gonna go through same crap of graphic whores whining once Capcom release demo for Monster Hunter Wild....because of course we will.

It wont matter to sales, but are sales the thing that decide if you personally have problems with a game of not? I doubt it.

Madflavor

It wont matter to sales, but are sales the thing that decide if you personally have problems with a game of not? I doubt it.

I think a lot of us are just tired of every preview/demo thread for a game devolve into "Muh Graphics" talk, where people jump in to doom about the performance and beat their chest that they're going to wait for PC release. Then the PC version releases and it's broken dogshit anyway.

Last edited:

Lethal01

I think a lot of us are just tired of every preview/demo thread for a game devolve into "Muh Graphics" talk, where people jump in to doom about the performance and beat their chest that they're going to wait for PC release. Then the PC version releases and it's broken dogshit anyway.

Im just tired of people trying to tell other the issues they have with a game dont matter cause they personally dont care.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
If the game delivers in what matter the most it wont matter.....I remember when Elden Ring released first gameplay trailer people said "its looks like PS3 game" and with RE4R people said "its worse remake ever made, worse than RE3R" over fucking rain effect.....RAIN!

I also remember people calling Armored Core VI it looks PS2 game.....We are going through same shit every.......fucking ......time......same thing happening Rise of the Rōnin, as if Team Ninja is ever known for high tech graphics.

peish

Its obviously an alternate reality, or its in limbo. But its a reality where Avalanche died in the tornado, as you see the party getting carried away by medics. It seems Biggs is alive too in this particular timeline.

What its going to add remains to be seen. I think they put it there to flesh out Aerith and Zack, and it won't really interfere with Cloud but we'll see.

100%

I mean Infinite Wealth isn't the most pretty or technically advanced game in the world, but for me it beats the likes of Horizon 2 to hell. Do you think I worry about the graphics for even one second? Game is full of fucking charm.

You know what it is? You start to notice things with the graphics if the game is shit. Or indeed when its just a demo that doesn't scratch the surface of this game. I reckon I play FFVII Rebirth next month, enjoying its battle system and throwbacks. If the game is indeed good, then by all means give me these uneven textures instead of a fucking turd with awesome graphics.

sorry i meant having zack in original ff7. i never understand why he was needed? it just made for a confusing turn of events.

now in the remake demo, with the added cloud septh interactions, having zack in remake will surely sucks even more, and also shows having zack in OG ff7 was an unnecessary

sorry i meant having zack in original ff7. i never understand why he was needed? it just made for a confusing turn of events.

now in the remake demo, with the added cloud septh interactions, having zack in remake will surely sucks even more, and also shows having zack in OG ff7 was an unnecessary
Huh? Zack is very important to the plot goings on in FF VII. What do you mean?

Danjin44

But it will though, I absolutely love Remake and its one of my fav games, the graphical shortcomings still make it worse for me and if they were improved Id like it alot more
I played Horizon with "perfect" graphics once and I never want to touch that game ever again, meanwhile with FFVIIRemake despite of graphical shortcoming I played it multiple times and had a blast beating its super bosses.

Game are made by human beings that have to think about budget, resources and time......I rather devs put that time and resources in things that matter most in video games.

SE tried so much improving graphics for FFXV and where that got them?......the game came out incomplete, so much so that they had to patch CGI scenes from FFXV movie.

Last edited:

Brigandier

This demo convinced me to not buy the game on day one.

Waiting on reviews and impressions. This seems like a potential giant bait and switch.

The entire final segment of the burning village in the demo is everything wrong with modern gaming. Forced to walk at 2 mph, dumb shit with triggers, etc.

Combat felt less fluid compared to part 1. Visuals seem downgraded in parts compared to part 1. Even had a dumb shimmy sideways section to load an area which I’m just so sick of in games.

FF7 part 1 remake had some of the most drawn out dog shit chapters. (Over half the game) I’m not getting fooled again if it’s just a few chapters have good gameplay segments or story beats. I can always YT the cut scenes and skip the dog shit.

The trailer made me think they learned from part 1 issues but this demo made me think what’s the point of this openness? This was a linear demo with the illusion of exploration.

Hope I’m wrong and it’s just a bad demo.

Yeah the burning Nibelheim section was bullshit lol the trigger crawling was vomit... And not a single person could shoot a gun at point blank range on Sephiroth too which was dumb 🤢

That part of the game was always going to be linear though, Let's see what the exploration is like once we play the Junon area.

I also HATED the big bright yellow "look here you thick bastard gamer" climbing points, Why even put that shit in.

The game in performance mode looked very underwhelming I see no reason why this couldn't have released on PS4 🤷‍♂️

Still day 1 looking forward to it 🤣

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Plastic rocks

bm05Piy.jpg

Look at those wood details!

4ZHRjQ4.jpg

R54ztvU.jpg

Tesselation maxed out

6VnMBsd.jpg

FFXIII dog would be proud:

Em542DcVcAEYlkO.jpg

Plus G vs P mode:

Iv46vKC.jpg
I2gMU5I.jpg

And shadows draw distance:

*clearly* this is a PS4 game, just fucking release it on that platform too and get a couple of hundred thousand more sales.

Lethal01

I played Horizon with "perfect" graphics once and I never want to touch that game ever again, meanwhile with FFVIIRemake despite of graphical shortcoming I played it multiple times and had a blast beating its super bosses.

Game are made by human beings that have to think about budget, resources and time......I rather devs put that time and resources in things that matter most in video games.

SE tried so much improving graphics for FFXV and where that got them?......the game came out incomplete, so much so that they had to patch CGI scenes from FFXV movie.

The game will be good, but the graphics area negative that mattered and is worth complaining about.
Just like all the unskippable walk and talks and squeezing through things, There being things that are more important is irrelevant. And additionaly I'm not talking about what matters to you, Nobody is saying the graphics are important to you, they are talking about what is important to them.

That all said the people saying it will ruin this games sales are oln the other side of the spectrum from you and their claims are just as wild.

Danjin44

but the graphics area negative that mattered and is worth complaining about.
Except when that happens entire conversation becomes all about graphics, this entire thread has become graphic thread and is not even digital foundery thread…..it’s fucking annoying.

You can’t deny in GAF we have waaaaay too many graphics whores, we have dozen of threads dedicated just talking about graphics.

One issue I have with the combat, I feel like I’m button mashing and have a ton of options but don’t know the optimal way of using everything at my disposal

Especially with the dual techniques, abilities, specials, etc

PS4 has had many open world games, many with assets that look much higher quality than the pictures above.

If you're implying this game wouldn't be technically feasible on a PS4, I don't know what to tell you.

For square? Probably not

They’re not the best, technically

I also think this game is massive and made in 4 years and they decided to not focus so much on graphics

Which is fine, it’s still a great looking game with some rough edges

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

cormack12

Gold Member
One issue I have with the combat, I feel like I’m button mashing and have a ton of options but don’t know the optimal way of using everything at my disposal

Especially with the dual techniques, abilities, specials, etc
I just watched this and wish I'd seen it before uninstalling the demo

How the fuck do people know these things when there isn't a manual or anything. This would have changed so many things about my playthrough.

Danjin44

How the fuck do people know these things when there isn't a manual or anything. This would have changed so many things about my playthrough.

By just experimenting and messing around, they usually play the demo multiple times.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Zack is essential to the original story.

The reason Cloud ended up in Midgar and with Avalanche, his persona and recollections of the past are all because of Zack. Cloud is largely assuming to be Zack until very far into the game.

Except when that happens entire conversation becomes all about graphics, this entire thread has become graphic thread and is not even digital foundery thread…..it’s fucking annoying.

You can’t deny in GAF we have waaaaay too many graphics whores, we have dozen of threads dedicated just talking about graphics.

Yeah, its about low texture rocks etc. Things I don't even notice when I'm in battle or looking for an item. Just try to enjoy the game and it could be worse, I mean its not like this game looks like Babylon's Fall or Tecmo's offerings. I assure you its going to look better than Rise of the Ronin.

The most important for me is performance. And the perfomance mode in Rebirth feels far better than that shit in XVI so there is that. The 30fps is actually solid too, but I do I wish it would have 40fps like Forspoken though.

spons

Gold Member

It's his literal job most likely, or at least trying to get regular income from his work. He has a Patreon, accepts donations on stream, sells merch and gets money from video views. Even if you play a 9 to 5 day you would find out about these things.

SkylineRKR

I thought I knew quite a bit, like the perfect guard. But I was confused on the aerial combat. I thought it was worse than the original, which was rather random and unsafe. But in fact its far better in Rebirth. You can do it at will now and there are also defensive options. Some abilities are better even when cast airborne.

Lethal01

It's his literal job most likely, or at least trying to get regular income from his work. He has a Patreon, accepts donations on stream, sells merch and gets money from video views. Even if you play a 9 to 5 day you would find out about these things.
most of it is explained if you actually read what the game tells you.
I figured all this out by just watching someone play the demo whole playing remake on PC

Yeah, I'm not sure why so many are obsessed, I think so many games look literally amazing these days.. Hell, I'm still impressed from time to time with games from two gens go basically. I think things have looked so good for a long time. But everyone likes what they like I guess. 🤷‍♂️
I think a good majority of PS4 games still look really good.

Some PS3 can still look really good especially if remastered.

Whitecrow

Banned
They should have kept Luminous Engine.
Yes, UE4 may be easier to develop for (and lets be honest, that's a huge plus if you're a developer), but it's their engine and they'd know better how to get the best results.

Gambit2483

I think the PS5 can't do much better with games this scale, unless perhaps Guerrilla is at the helm. But Horizon 2 bored me after 5 hours and I never had the desire to play beyond the timed premium demo. People were clamoring to the idea that once cross gen was dropped, we would see a revolution in graphics. I always said no you won't.
I would wait until GTA6 drops before making that claim. That game will most likely blow this and Horizon out of the water in terms of visual fidelity on a large scale.

Lethal01

They should have kept Luminous Engine.
Yes, UE4 may be easier to develop for (and lets be honest, that's a huge plus if you're a developer), but it's their engine and they'd know better how to get the best results.

They literally wouldn't, that was the whole issue

SkylineRKR

I would wait until GTA6 drops before making that claim. That game will most likely blow this and Horizon out of the water in terms of visual fidelity on a large scale.

I think it'll be 30fps and perhaps a rather low internal resolution in order to achieve their goals. But the PS6 version will be upgraded and sell just as much all over.

I think a good majority of PS4 games still look really good.

Some PS3 can still look really good especially if remastered.

Yes PS360 games look extremely good in fact, just held back by a very low res and unbearable framerate. This is why some simple x-enhancements such as Dead Space 2, Ninja Gaiden 2 and Mirrors Edge look absolutely stellar and not really out of place if they were native PS4/X1 games. NG2 on X1X/Series certainly beats Nioh.

This is why I sometimes like to watch some 4k upscale videos from PS3 games such as Resistance 3.

Last edited:
Game has amazing visuals.

JZFdXWy.jpg
I don't mean to pick on you specifically this is a rant at whole thread.

It's this kinda BS that can make graphics discussion absolutely retarded.

Does the above image look bad? Yes!

Is it cherry picked and 99% of players wouldn't notice unless freeze framed and posted on the internet. Yes!

All the "bad" screenshots follow this same bullshit.

Sometimes Gamers are completely unreasonable idiots. (Myself included)

We want the best graphics at 60 frames per second in an open world with 100 hours worth of content developed in 3 years.

As much as we want all of that. Maybe we should step back and accept a reasonable compromise.

And yes everyone still has the right to complain about this and want more regardless.

But you know what? If you post on a public forum you're not above criticism either. Other posters absolutely have the right to disagree and call you out especially if you're gonna derail a whole thread.

Rant over carry on.

Kumomeme

just like others pointed, both there is issue with both Cloud and Sephiroth face on certain lightning and itseems texture issue like the first game is present on environment despite much minor now. it is also bit annoying that there is bit time gap taken for lightnin to fully transition everytime Cloud go in or out from/to indoor. like entering a house or cave. i hope they fix these issue it at launch. perhaps the demo is on older build?

in term of visual and polish quality, FF16 is ahead. especially foliage. even if we want to just compare between demo. FF7 Rebirth still feels like a PS4 game while FF16 at times indeed feels next gen..

Kilau

I don't mean to pick on you specifically this is a rant at whole thread.

It's this kinda BS that can make graphics discussion absolutely retarded.

Does the above image look bad? Yes!

Is it cherry picked and 99% of players wouldn't notice unless freeze framed and posted on the internet. Yes!

All the "bad" screenshots follow this same bullshit.

Sometimes Gamers are completely unreasonable idiots. (Myself included)

We want the best graphics at 60 frames per second in an open world with 100 hours worth of content developed in 3 years.

As much as we want all of that. Maybe we should step back and accept a reasonable compromise.

And yes everyone still has the right to complain about this and want more regardless.

But you know what? If you post on a public forum you're not above criticism either. Other posters absolutely have the right to disagree and call you out especially if you're gonna derail a whole thread.

Rant over carry on.
I think the game looks great most of the time, was just a funny face I paused at randomly.

People can pick any game apart endlessly and I think it’s fair to point out bugs and inconsistent assets but there is a lot of hyperbolic reactions here and in the other thread.

mortal

Gold Member
I'm guessing some were expecting it to look as good as or better than FFXVI, when none of the previews or trailers indicated that would be the case.
Were people ignoring all the previews of this game before the demo? It looks more or less on par with FFVII Remake, but with a bigger scope and less linearity.
Which is probably the compromise CBU1 went for in order to release it within a reasonable timeline.

Although I would agree with the criticisms about pop-in and the texture quality being poor, especially for a current-gen title.
I found the Mt. Nibel trail rather ugly on the eyes because of the pop-in and poor texture quality; it really drags down the art design.

Image quality in performance mode was also noticeably soft compared to graphics mode.
Unfortunately, the 30fps felt sluggish to play in compared to FFXVI's graphics mode, so I opted for performance for my playthroughs.
A game like this would greatly benefit from VRR support. I don't understand why Square Enix teams never go the extra mile in that area with their titles.

This is why demos are useful, so hopefully they note the feedback and prioritize resolving those issues by launch.

Last edited:

Gambit2483

If GTA VI will run most likely at 30fps. No shit It will Lok better than Horizon which runs at 1440P ish 60fps.
I just mean in terms of overall technical graphical design, textures, effects, lighting, everything. Regardless of whether it's 30 of 60fps it will just be doing much more, in terms of scale, than what Horizon and FF7 Rebirth are doing.

To some people RDR2 is more impressive (and runs at 60fps on PC) than Horizon and that game is pushing 7 years old

Last edited:
When you consider everything I much prefer how FFVII rebirth and Remake look compared to FFXVI.

One thing they both do objectively better than FFXVI is the amount of unique assets, colour and npcs on screen. In Wall Market and now Kalm the amount unique stuff happening on screen is nuts my eyes hurt taking it all in.

FFXVI towns feel so lifeless and drab in comparison. Who's cares if there's high res textures up Clives Nostril.

When you consider Rebirth scale as well I think its overall a very impressive game.

• Love

Fabieter

Christ what a shit show thread. People are even talking about remake shortcomings like if it’s not one of best looking games I ever played on ps5

It's cool to hate everything sqaure. Imagine getting hl3 with muddy textures, people would be all over it still. It's really hard to gather real sqaure games criticism online.

SkylineRKR

When you consider everything I much prefer how FFVII rebirth and Remake look compared to FFXVI.

One thing they both do objectively better than FFXVI is the amount of unique assets, colour and npcs on screen. In Wall Market and now Kalm the amount unique stuff happening on screen is nuts my eyes hurt taking it all in.

FFXVI towns feel so lifeless and drab in comparison. Who's cares if there's high res textures up Clives Nostril.

When you consider Rebirth scale as well I think its overall a very impressive game.

XVI effectively has no towns. There is zero interaction, and they are simply part of the fields. The towns present in the narrative and promotion shots are cockblocked and relegated to dungeons that feel incredibly disconnected from the world. They ensure you can't travel to them from the map and you can't return to them ever. This is why there is absolutely nothing of note to be found in these dungeons either, you can blindly rush them. In fact, you can blindly rush everything until story gated fetch quests do you in.

Last edited:
XVI effectively has no towns. There is zero interaction, and they are simply part of the fields. The towns present in the narrative and promotion shots are cockblocked and relegated to dungeons that feel incredibly disconnected from the world. They ensure you can't travel to them from the map and you can't return to them ever. This is why there is absolutely nothing of note to be found in these dungeons either, you can blindly rush them. In fact, you can blindly rush everything until story gated fetch quests do you in.
Yes very disappointing overall from gameplay a perspective but also graphically as well. There is barely anything interesting to even just look at. It's all brown thatched barns and grey stone rock.

It can look amazing in some instances and boss fights

Top Bottom