• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake: Rebirth Demo dropping tomorrow

Draugoth

Gold Member

A demo for Final Fantasy VII Rebirth will launch on February 6, an advertisement on the PlayStation 5 dashboard reveals.

A trailer for the demo is accessible beneath the “Explore” icon on the PlayStation 5 dashboard. The trailer description reads, “Experience the power of choice! The Final Fantasy VII Rebirth demo is out now, allowing you to step into the shoes of either Cloud or Sephiroth during the Nibelheim episode. Uncover the opening chapter of the game’s story and explore the world map. Your adventure, your choice!”

FF7R-Demo-Leak_02-05-24_002-1024x576.jpg

Last edited:

Belthazar

I'm not sure the nibelheim portion is a good demonstration of what the game has to offer... They should've just included a section of the open world. I feel like it would entice people on the fence more.

saintjules

I'm not sure the nibelheim portion is a good demonstration of what the game has to offer... They should've just included a section of the open world. I feel like it would entice people on the fence more.

Let's get erect when the game fully releases. This tease is probably for the best.

So for those of us that are already buying the game day 1, do we play the demo or wait for the full game?

Shit I dont even know if I can hold out if I decided to tbh.

MikeM

So for those of us that are already buying the game day 1, do we play the demo or wait for the full game?

I’m not. Day 1 so long as the game is a solid 60fps. I don’t want any spoilers

elementalnocturne

Neo Member

Hopefully it's like the XVI demo and they let us carry demo progress to the main game.

There is new footage in the leaked demo trailer that seems to suggest that there is more here than the original TGS demo. (ie the shot of Cloud and Sephiroth in the rain in front of a truck)

Last edited:

Brock2621

Welp there goes my sleep tomorrow night. Alani Nu DoorDash order incooommmiiinnnnggggg!

Last edited:

Muffdraul

I should have come here first. I got home from work, Burger King bag in hand, turned on the PS5 to continue watching Rocky III (RIP Carl Weathers) and the first thing I saw on my splash menu was "FFVII Rebirth demo AVAILABLE NOW!" Tried to find it in the PS Store, by the time I gave up my fries were cold. Thanks Sony, buncha goddamn numbnuts. 🖕

[Sigma]

Going to be a great week for me:
Some The Finals quick cash/tournaments
FFVII Rebirth demo
A little bit of Foamstars
Some more FFVII Rebirth demo
Some more The Finals quick cash/tournaments
Helldiver 2 the rest of the way

let-s-go-drake-mad-angry-aggressive-ut8bcj3f8u0kw2g0.webp
Looks like im finally getting PS plus again since it's required for Helldivers 2.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Opening chapter? Hrm.. so there won't be any going to Kalm or is it just excluding that part? Shouldn't this be after Kalm?

It happens in the OG in the inn at Kalm. So like....it's happening exactly as it always has. Given that it's a demo, they might cut out some context providing scenes throughout like they did with the Remake demo, but in the full title, it's playing out exactly as it would normally. I think.

wvnative

the open world is in the demo

It happens in the OG in the inn at Kalm. So like....it's happening exactly as it always has. Given that it's a demo, they might cut out some context providing scenes throughout like they did with the Remake demo, but in the full title, it's playing out exactly as it would normally. I think.
Yeah, I know, but for whatever reason I expected the demo to pick up right at the start of the game, ie making way through open world to Kalm, but the way it talks about Nibelheim it almost sounds like it's only the flashback though it does mention the "world". But if it's getting to Kalm, plus the flashback, that's a significant size demo I'd say.

What did they cut out of the Remake demo? If I recall it's just literally the opening cutscene and the first reactor up to meeting Aerith?

Outlier

I shouldn’t….I…I can wait….
bilbo-lord-of-the-rings.gif

You can DO IT!.

One of my new years resolutions is to NOT buy any games until the year is up, but I never said I can't play free stuff and Demos are free.

I will play the demo to see what I can expect when I get the complete edition next year. ^_^

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Yeah, I know, but for whatever reason I expected the demo to pick up right at the start of the game, ie making way through open world to Kalm, but the way it talks about Nibelheim it almost sounds like it's only the flashback though it does mention the "world". But if it's getting to Kalm, plus the flashback, that's a significant size demo I'd say.

What did they cut out of the Remake demo? If I recall it's just literally the opening cutscene and the first reactor up to meeting Aerith?

The Remake demo cut the "new," portion of the opening scene (the eagle flying over the Midgar wastelands) and began exactly where OG did with Aerith. Demo also cut the quick flashback to Nibelheim and child Tifa when Jessie asks Cloud's relation to her in front of the elevator.

Super hyped for the game, but I will skip the demo. As a father of 2 young children, I have very limited time and rather spend the time until the game comes out to wrap everything up in TOTK.

nikos

Guess I'm dusting off the PS5. It's been since FFXVI.

This will help determine if I'd rather wait for the PC version.

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

Would have been harder to pull off as they must be very time constrained in the run up to release. Creating a segmented portion of the open world with limits would require a lot more work than just slicing out the first hour or so of the game.

I guess they'll also focus on world exploration in the State of Play.

I won't be watching or downloading the demo.
Angry Sponge Bob GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Is it like all SE demos now where it’s literally the first hour or two of the game and the save Carrie’s to full game ?

Zuzu

This is great. I really wanna see how good their motion blur implementation is on the 30fps mode before buying.

Top Bottom