• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake is a multi-part series

Pooya

This actually makes a lot of sense to me. You can actually chop off FFVII's main quest at least into self contained episodes. They can cut the world map with this approach. You just get the locations maybe. That's what I'm thinking.

Khort

Will wait before complaining! If they release each episode with more side content or new stuff, why not! Would love to see what Yuffie, Vincent, Cid were doing before,

Well I'm out. If they can't even think of a way to build the game as one whole package then I'm not interested. I was ok with the battle system but this is the line.

I'm....actually kinda okay with this?

So long as it means I can play it before the end of this decade, I'll take what I can get.

mileS

I'm of two minds when it comes to this. Part of me thinks, damn, this sucks. Other part of me thinks maybe we can have a PART of this game in our hands at the very least a year earlier than we would otherwise.

LOS ANGELES (Dec. 6, 2015) - During this past weekend’s PlayStation Experience in San Francisco, SQUARE ENIX® debuted a new trailer for FINAL FANTASY® VII REMAKE, the full remake of the award-winning role-playing game, FINAL FANTASY VII. The new trailer features the first CG scenes as well as gameplay footage. FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE will be told across a multi-part series, with each entry providing its own unique experience.

EACH PROVIDING IT'S OWN UNIQUE EXPERIENCE

So, maybe the fucking gameplay will change for each new episode. I'm out.

rhandino

Banned
Oh Square-Enix, I just KNEW there was going to be some kind of catch...

gmyZb5k.gif

『Inaba Resident』;188193398 said:
lmao calm down

Nah man this Shit is retarded. Square Enix should cancel this game ASAP. No need to butcher this game any further. Sad thing is people will buy it too. man what a freaking train wreck this FFVII remake business has been. Nomura and entire square enix is just money grubbing idiot IMO. Maybe they will make a good game again in another 50 years when they are at the verge of bankruptcy. Oh well this just makes me super sad. I never even curse on these posts but this news made me do it. Shame on SE :(

Noi_

Banned
I'll just mirror other peoples thoughts and go ahead and say that it'll be in parts just so it'll release faster? But yeah as long as they don't feel disconnected it might work out

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So that's why they had so much to show at PSX.

Because they don't have to spned any time on that open world and just go straight up corridor to corridor.

Dark_castle

Jesus Christ, this is a terrible idea Square Enix. Nobody here mind waiting for the game to drop on 2017 or 2018 if it takes that long. Just give us a complete game in one disc. None of that episodic, season pass bullshit please!!

Bolivar687

Banned

Came to post this!!!

Seriously, though, you can't expect to render a game with the scope and scale of Final Fantasy VII's story in 3D on a normal dev cycle. They had an army of artists drawing 2D backgrounds, with every area unique and different from the last. Think about how long it takes to create massive RPGs, where the developers heavily recycle the same art assets.

Sorry, just not gonna happen. This makes total sense.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Final Fantasy VII Episode II: Materia Boogaloo ($69.99) 'Wall Market' Limited Edition!

giphy.gif

jbug617

Banned
where does it say episodes other than the thread title?

no where, ign just assumed episodic

From the press release.
http://press.na.square-enix.com/rel...ii-remake-showcased-at-playstation-experience

During this past weekend’s PlayStation Experience in San Francisco, SQUARE ENIX® debuted a new trailer for FINAL FANTASY® VII REMAKE, the full remake of the award-winning role-playing game, FINAL FANTASY VII. The new trailer features the first CG scenes as well as gameplay footage. FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE will be told across a multi-part series, with each entry providing its own unique experience.

Is it possible that it could mean VII-2 and VII-3?

This actually makes a lot of sense to me. You can actually chop off FFVII's main quest at least into self contained episodes. They can cut the world map with this approach. You just get the locations maybe. That's what I'm thinking.
But that not what FF7 fans want, right? They want the whole experience.

Top Bottom