• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europe Xbox Series X for 399€ and S for 229€

Bernoulli

M2 slut
Lowest prices I've seen in Europe so far on Amazon
Not only amazon it's everywhere

In Spain 419€ everywhere

UK Series S £180 at the moment Banjo64 Banjo64

Last edited:
They have no choice.

Pretty much. It's been a slaughter all year. You'd think Xbox was going extinct across Europe at this rate.

It's working well
In Germany 7000+ Xbox Series X sold vs 4000+ PS5

Where's that data from?

AFAIK the numbers for November had two different amounts: one for just Europe and the other with UK and IIRC Germany included.

In any case maybe MS catches a lucky break in some places now that really, only the new PS5 is available and isn't as cheap as the older model which was being phased out. But I strongly doubt any of these sales bursts for MS last into the New Year. It's basically like what happened with the Saturn during holidays when they had decent sales, that then dried up right after Christmas.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
It's really great to see that they are actually doing a sale when Sony did one for like 3 months....I thought Microsoft gave up, but I suppose there's no point in dropping your price when the competition drops there's.

After the recent news it's obvious that they needed to do something. This should be a long term price drop.

Bernoulli

M2 slut
Pretty much. It's been a slaughter all year. You'd think Xbox was going extinct across Europe at this rate.

Where's that data from?

AFAIK the numbers for November had two different amounts: one for just Europe and the other with UK and IIRC Germany included.

In any case maybe MS catches a lucky break in some places now that really, only the new PS5 is available and isn't as cheap as the older model which was being phased out. But I strongly doubt any of these sales bursts for MS last into the New Year. It's basically like what happened with the Saturn during holidays when they had decent sales, that then dried up right after Christmas.
Numbers are for Amazon DE you can check, the 4000 is for the slim, the standard isn't sold anymore

Bernoulli

M2 slut
It's really great to see that they are actually doing a sale when Sony did one for like 3 months....I thought Microsoft gave up, but I suppose there's no point in dropping your price when the competition drops there's.

After the recent news it's obvious that they needed to do something. This should be a long term price drop.
Sony is now selling at full price 549€ they need a sale too or
Sad Joe Biden GIF by GIPHY News

Numbers are for Amazon DE you can check, the 4000 is for the slim, the standard isn't sold anymore

Oh okay. How much does Amazon DE account for total system sales in Germany?

Also yeah figured that was with the Slim. The older models were being phased out ahead of the launch.

Nah, not even. Remember, being the cheapest hardly means everything. If it did, Xbox's sales wouldn't have cratered in the first place, because the Series S has been available since 2020.

Price is just a part of the value proposition. The release slate for Xbox next year looks decent, but they don't have anything major until COD later in the year, and that's only major in the fact Microsoft will have marketing on that now going forward.

Which can give them a boost in the holiday months, tho it's still technically a multiplatform title. They'll prob tie free perks, cosmetics & currency/points to Game Pass subscriptions, if I had to guess. What Sony may have for the holidays next year is honestly up in the air, outside of the PS5 Pro, but I'm talking games here.

Hence they'll probably (finally) start sharing more of their roadmap (outside of some GaaS titles) early next year.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

They were selling at 399 for 3 months to sell through old stock and push for the 25 mill. They are leagues ahead. Microsoft can't catch up to Sony so any form of a chance this gen.

What Microsoft can do is get hardware into customers hands and drive game pass subs. They then need to announce callmof duty titles being added to gamepass every month from January, plus other Activision games. Also, have a showcase in January that outlines games coming this year. But, in my opinion they need hardware to be cheap for months.

Darsxx82

What is incomprehensible is that it has taken them so long to offer offers in the EU. Here the lowest offer was only €419 and it only lasted 1 week of the BF. The entire rest of the year at €554 while PS5 had constant discounts all year.... I would like to know whose idea it was at MS that sales would go well 🤔

From here, the interesting thing now is to know if a discount will become official after the Christmas period. Going back to 500+ would be obscene more than 3 years after being launched and mindshare pointing elsewhere.

They were selling at 399 for 3 months to sell through old stock and push for the 25 mill. They are leagues ahead. Microsoft can't catch up to Sony so any form of a chance this gen.

What Microsoft can do is get hardware into customers hands and drive game pass subs. They then need to announce callmof duty titles being added to gamepass every month from January, plus other Activision games. Also, have a showcase in January that outlines games coming this year. But, in my opinion they need hardware to be cheap for months.

Aren't all the old CODs already playable on Xbox through BC? Some were even added back to the store IIRC. Most of those old CODs are pretty dirt cheap to buy.

So, I don't think dumping them onto Game Pass would do too much. At the end of the day they're old games and most of them are very similar to each other. I'd imagine it's like putting all the old Madden games onto a service expecting massive numbers. Truth is, people mainly drop the old Maddens for the new one and I assume it's very similar with COD releases, or close enough.

Adding some of the older ABK games that aren't COD would actually bring more variety to the service. I doubt they have the guts to put the old Leisure Suit Larry games up there tho.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
What is incomprehensible is that it has taken them so long to offer offers in the EU. Here the lowest offer was only €419 and it only lasted 1 week of the BF. The entire rest of the year at €554 while PS5 had constant discounts all year.... I would like to know whose idea it was at MS that sales would go well 🤔

From here, the interesting thing now is to know if a discount will become official after the Christmas period. Going back to 500+ would be obscene more than 3 years after being launched and mindshare pointing elsewhere.

Honestly, it was wild that Sony had so many deals as the market leader and Microsoft were just dat there at full price. It blew my mind. Even podcasts that Phil probably listens to were asking what the hell Microsoft were doing, no response to Sony who's trouncing you cutting the price by 80 pounds or mores for months lol.

Let's see if this sale does anything in Europe, as its a massacre at the minute lol

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Aren't all the old CODs already playable on Xbox through BC? Some were even added back to the store IIRC. Most of those old CODs are pretty dirt cheap to buy.

So, I don't think dumping them onto Game Pass would do too much. At the end of the day they're old games and most of them are very similar to each other. I'd imagine it's like putting all the old Madden games onto a service expecting massive numbers. Truth is, people mainly drop the old Maddens for the new one and I assume it's very similar with COD releases, or close enough.

Adding some of the older ABK games that aren't COD would actually bring more variety to the service. I doubt they have the guts to put the old Leisure Suit Larry games up there tho.

I mean the later ones, get all the modern warfare on there etc. Diablo I've etc

Bernoulli

M2 slut
I mean the later ones, get all the modern warfare on there etc. Diablo I've etc
You can't dilute the fanbase like that, they are working on MW3 content and need most transactions there, if you bring one CoD each month they won't care, COD players play mostly the latest game just like FIFA

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
You can't dilute the fanbase like that, they are working on MW3 content and need most transactions there, if you bring one CoD each month they won't care, COD players play mostly the latest game just like FIFA
Yeah just dump them all then and keep the focus on mw3. Need to get it on gamepass early 2024.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games

I would argue putting some COD on there would had more variety to the service. I don't think there is many FPS on Gamepass. (off the top of my head)

Series S is 200€ with 3 months of gamepass for free here in Portugal.

It’s like they are clearing stock at this point or something lmao
Either they are still going ahead with the refresh, or, and I think this may be the case, they shipped a bunch for a big November that didn't happen, and stores aren't happy with all the excess stock in their warehouses.

demigod

You keep claiming this, can you back up your claim?

Forth

I know this isn't relevant to the thread but I thought I'd say it anyway.
I purchased my Series X last year and just sold it for half the price to purchase a PS5 that was £479 for a couple of reasons.
Microsoft have proven they don't know what they're doing, they purchased Bethesda for Starfield and still couldn't recognise the game was a turd and they then purchased ABK which means nothing to me as I don't like a single one of their franchises.
Also there's too many indie titles not hitting Xbox same day as PlayStation.
But most of all it's Forza, that game was hyped to hell and back and what was released was an absolute disgrace after six years and yet nobody could see that, Microsoft have a management issue and nothing can fix that.

Xyphie

Exchange rate doesn't really make sense, that just means our SEK are worth less EUR. So I would expect around 4500 SEK.

Weak SEKEUR pairing increases the price by ~500 SEK for us compared to what it would've been. Chem taxes add another ~500 SEK. 19% VAT instead of 25% accounts for most of the rest.

Last edited:

Krieger

Take another 100€ off the X and bundle it with a AAA-game, and I would buy it. Maybe next black friday.

You guys do know Sony was running huge discounts on PlayStation 5s for like the last 3 months the right?

Did that devalue the brand?
Theyr is much more needed to devalue the Playstation brand. For example Sony wil stop making first party and second party games and third party developers would skip developing games for Playstation.

Last edited:

Mr.ODST

Remember when they fixed the COD servers on Backwards Compat and i remember a few normies buying Xbox S / X to play the old CODs, if they came to gamepass it would sell consoles but not by much probably

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Weak SEKEUR pairing increases the price by ~500 SEK for us compared to what it would've been. Chem taxes add another ~500 SEK. 19% VAT instead of 25% accounts for most of the rest.

Yeah, it increases the price in SEK, but when you convert that to EUR it's a lot higher than it "should" be even after accounting for that.

Top Bottom