• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Enemy Territory : Quake Wars DEMO [PC]

Beaulieu

I live in the eastern time zone, and it says on the site that demo will be live in 43 minutes (10hAM). Is that correct ?

Hooker said:
I know, but a far cry (teehee) from being an alternative to UT3. The general consensus of the steep system requirement is too high for it to be a multiplayer succes like UT3 or a new Quake multiplayer only

I don'tknow crysis seems to have a lot more hype than I ever saw for quake wars so maybe it still can be big. But ya lower system requirements are a big plus for quake wars.

FoggyFreek

Kyoufu said:
I agree on those points, but I didn't enjoy the beta because it just wasn't what I wanted from the ET name. For example, you can no longer go out solo and get killing sprees on your own as say, a medic. The vehicles in the game really take the run-and-gun rambo gameplay out of the game. Any ET player would agree with me on that. Its just more BF2 and alot less ET.

I'll still play the demo to give it another chance, the closed beta rarely had a full server going, so who knows, maybe it can pull me in.

You are right, but.. Have you played sewer in the first BETA? As soon as the battle goes inside the medics and technicians take over.

Point is, the type of actions are really map-dependant. Valley is quite vehicle based up until the 3rd objective. From there it's infantery mania :). Hope you like the demo.

Vagabundo

FoggyFreek said:
Point is, the type of actions are really map-dependant. Valley is quite vehicle based up until the 3rd objective. From there it's infantery mania :). Hope you like the demo.

I am interested in how free roaming vehicles will effect the feel. I disliked battlefield becuase the maps were too big and it all felt unfocused. I felt I could not make much of the difference to the game.

In ET I felt I could contribute to progressing my side.

FoggyFreek

Metalmurphy said:
Does it still suck like the 2 previous betas?

If you disliked the BETA 2 with Valley, yes, it's still mostly the same game. So that will mean you won't have to waste 750MB bandwith. Thank you, bye bye!

Gattsu25

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
Does it still suck like the 2 previous betas?
It'll be just as awesome as them, is my way of looking at it

I played the second beta for a few days before I uninstalled it...I realized that the game was a DEFINITE buy and I didn't need to be sold on it any further

Talamius

So, should I be good with this?

Core 2 Duo Conroe @ 2.66ghz
EVGA 122-CK-NF68-A1 nForce 680i mobo
2GB DDR2-800
BFG Geforce 8600 GTS OC 256mb vid card
WinXP SP2

(this is a legit question...built a new rig out of necessity via Newegg after a thunderstorm killed my old one)

Talamius said:

2GB DDR2-800
WinXP SP2

(this is a legit question...built a new rig out of necessity via Newegg after a thunderstorm killed my old one)

What res? Because that's like over kill unless your going or 1920x1280 or something.

Talamius said:

2GB DDR2-800
WinXP SP2

Rec'd specs are in the OP.

decon

Game is awesome. Played all the open betas, and you don't have to run with high on everything to have fun gameplay ;)

Beaulieu

Beaulieu said:
is the demo live in 2 minutes or is the site stupidely based on my PC clock ?

I guess I have my answer... the countdown on the site is now negative.

I cant beleive how stupid are fucking web designer.

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
Anyone have some free fast mirrors? Yahoo games is slow, FilePlanet doesn't have it yet, FileShack has huge lines. I NEED MY ETQW.

Beaulieu

Raiden said:

setting the countdown on the user's PC instead of a fixed server time. Not everyone lives on Pacific time zone.

Edit : Nzone download always ends without the file being entirely downloaded... anyone else experimenting this ?

White Man

I'm an FPS nut, but after the disappointing first impression with the betas, I'm going to wait to see how the general impressions of the game are from people that felt similarly to myself. There are too many games coming out over the next couple of months for me to spill cash on something that I'm not sure will deliver.

"I'm an FPS nut, but after the disappointing first impression with the betas, I'm going to wait to see how the general impressions of the game are from people that felt similarly to myself. There are too many games coming out over the next couple of months for me to spill cash on something that I'm not sure will deliver."

I too was disappointed with the betas. This demo does not change my opinion. Too much coming out and it just doesn't stand out enough to me to be interested in it.

Raiden

Banned
Aargh, the Yahoo link went like a madman on the speed, and now drops to 18kb, im trying the Nvidia link too atm now, which is still going strong at 1.1 MBPS, already took the lead from Yahoo.

FoggyFreek

Teknopathetic said:
"I'm an FPS nut, but after the disappointing first impression with the betas, I'm going to wait to see how the general impressions of the game are from people that felt similarly to myself. There are too many games coming out over the next couple of months for me to spill cash on something that I'm not sure will deliver."

I too was disappointed with the betas. This demo does not change my opinion. Too much coming out and it just doesn't stand out enough to me to be interested in it.

And you can tell by playing 1 hour? Too bad you have your opinion out so quick. It's a really deep game. Give it some time and you don't want to play anything else!

Tzeentch

The beta had the worst pub atmosphere of any team game I have ever played - even BF2 has a higher quality of play/goal orientation - and that was a self-selected group of people who wanted to actually try the game. After playing Warhawk I just don't have the patience for putting up with people with less common sense then the in-game bots.

Plus the game just seemed bland and dated <shrug>. Maybe some magic will happen if their promises to the mod community pan out and people actually bother to work on the engine due to the push to only play ranked maps (which killed the BF mod community more then the lack of usable tools).

"And you can tell by playing 1 hour? Too bad you have your opinion out so quick. It's a really deep game. Give it some time and you don't want to play anything else!"

I've spent more than 1 hour across the 2 betas and the demo. Nothing's changed significantly from the first beta, with the exception of a new map.

f@luS

More than a member.
Wtf is this?

This looks like a 3 years old game (running everything on high , 40+ fps.) . This isnt fun, the sounds looks like from a TV show for kids. Wow , what a letdown

Ah... good stuff. Just finished up playing a 6 map campaign (of the same map, heh) and had a hellofa lot of fun doing so, laying down the old artillery spam as a Strogg Oppressor.

EXP progression seems faster than the beta, frame rate seems improved, and netcode seems less laggy, although all of that might just be the server I was playing on.

I don't think this will keep me from TF2 if the open beta for that is hitting tomorrow, but this is everything I wanted from a sequel to RTCW:ET with added vehicles.

EDIT:
Anyone know how likely a Steam release for this game will be? id have moved their back catalogue to Steam, but I dunno what they're going to do with new titles, and frankly putting RTCW:ET on Steam would have seemed a no-brainer to me...

Demo's not working for me (7900GTX, AMDx2 etc.), it starts up, goes to a really small resolution and freeze up, the beta worked fine though...

Played for a bit there, not particulary impressed but then again I didn't know exactly wtf I was doing.

Still it's choppy as hell, I'm getting weird graphics corruptions (in other games too) think my 1950pro might be dying.

Oh and I also experienced 3 snipers standing behind my spawn killing people spawning, nice. (I went up there and kill them all yay)

Oh and is it just me or is the netcode terrible? The jerkiness is rediculous, are there any command I can tweak with.

Top Bottom