• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring on Summer Game Fest showcase 10th June

Status
Not open for further replies.

supernova8

Banned
Nah I highly doubt we will see anything decent at the Geoff Keighley Bore Fest.

It was mostly garbage last time and it'll be mostly garbage this time.

Besides, why do people even get excited for Elden Ring? We've literally seen nothing besides a CGI clip that will bear zero resemblance to the actual game (if it ever comes out).

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
Place your bets:

How much longer will it be until we see our first Elden Ring post without the "Rumour" tag on it?

I say roughly around the time Star Citizen launches.

It's happening today, 100%.

Again confirmed by that vetter FROMSoft leaker on ResetEra.

MonarchJT

Banned
Sekiro after Bornesouls was different and familiar at the same time. It's genius. I expect nothing more from FROM.
you know that type of gameplay or clicks or you just hate it and there isn't a single fromsoft game that thrilled me after i played for a while (no, that bs of "git good" has nothing to do with it). Not all games have to be for everyone ..In fact I find myself in a strange position where I would like them to do something different to finally say that something I like from fromsoft but at the same time if so many of the very fans would probably be disappointed. So maybe it's better that I ditch and abandon the idea that fromsoft is one of those developers that Ill never appreciate. Also because apart from the gameplay and the artstyle I found their games really poor from a graphic tech point of view.

Bartski

Gold Member
Also because apart from the gameplay and the artstyle I found their games really poor from a graphic tech point of view.
They may not be cutting edge but make up for it more than enough on other fronts you mentioned.
Also, ER will 100% be cross-gen so I'm not expecting it to look much better than Sekiro.
What I am expecting is engine improvements for large open spaces.
That is where previously you could easily see some real issues, the final area of Sekiro is a good example.

DavidGzz

They may not be cutting edge but make up for it more than enough on other fronts you mentioned.
Also, ER will 100% be cross-gen so I'm not expecting it to look much better than Sekiro.
What I am expecting is engine improvements for large open spaces.
That is where previously you could easily see some real issues, the final area of Sekiro is a good example.

I LOVE the way they look. I'll take the vistas of Dark Souls 3 over anything in Gears of War, Uncharted, and TLOU2 combined. Artstyle and atmosphere go so far for me.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Can genuinely say that this really is the only game I care all that much about during this E3 news cycle (because Silent Hill isn't happening, and I might as well just accept it :messenger_loudly_crying:) . From are just about the only games production company who consistently produce excellent, fan pleasing games, and I expect nothing less again from Elden Ring. I'll be watching the Dorito Pope tonight.

Bartski

Gold Member
if it ever comes out
Jim Carrey Reaction GIF

Joey.

I thought it would be at the Xbox showcase but the earlier the better
Give me some Elden Ring, Geofffff

Bartski

Gold Member
Remember, it's Geoff's literal job to get as many people as possible to watch this thing.

Remember the created hype for basically any VGA and ask yourself if a show ever delivered on its promise.

Just saying.

At this point man if he pulled a stunt like that I can't imagine it would be worth the shitstorm.
Or would it?

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I hope he has Elden Ring. That would be a good get for Geoff. I am sure there is no release date attached.

Javthusiast

Banned
Geoff always hypes up his shows, cause that's all he does being a pr salesman.

And very rarely does he deliver the big reveals, so my hopes are in the basement.

Besides, why do people even get excited for Elden Ring? We've literally seen nothing besides a CGI clip that will bear zero resemblance to the actual game (if it ever comes out).

Why do I get hyped for a game coming from a developer who hasn't disappointed me even once since 2009? Big mystery.

Buggy Loop

We’ll get a 3 seconds trailer of some husk of an old king holding a crown up to a ray of light and boom, over. Then a big zoom on Geoff’s grinning shitface. We’ll cry, while the souls YouTubers will get weeks of lore to add and analyze.

Last edited:

Because they've never failed to deliver GOTY caliber games?

Not to throw shit on people who are hyped about "Starfield" and other Bethesda stuff...but in the case of From Software I think the fanbase is more validated to be hyped for their next game.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
I just want to know what kind of game it is. Honestly haven't gotten interested in it since we haven't actually seen anything about it or even what you'll be doing. This follows SEKIRO and that turned out. . .well. I guess.

That's a movie that's never getting rereleased or shown on cable likely.

HYDE

Banned
What if for our next version of bonfires…
They give is an item similar to ink ribbon in Resident Evil, except that you can save anywhere in the world but they’re limited to how many times you can save? Of course once it’s made into a save point it can be used over and over again, unlike RE.

Bartski

Gold Member
What if for our next version of bonfires…
They give is an item similar to ink ribbon in Resident Evil, except that you can save anywhere in the world but they’re limited to how many times you can save? Of course once it’s made into a save point it can be used over and over again, unlike RE.
some of in development leaks were speaking of a portable "base" mechanic, so you can set up a camp in the open world, with limited use depending on your character class.

ELDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
From will deliver, they are masters of their craft. Unfortunately, they struggle to develop a smooth engine with frame pacing by the bucket load. I fear Elden Ring will look totally dated by the side of Demons Souls remake, but I’m happy to be wrong.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
my bet is they will do the show, pretend it's done and then drop it at the very end as a "one more thing - a special message from a special guest" - Miyazaki shows up on screen, internet explodes.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I can't help but wonder if Geoff and co are just riding the hype wave of Elden Ring to get more eyeballs on their show. Brace yourselves for disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom