• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sand Land World, new Akira Toryiama Game World Premiere Trailer Revealed | Summer Game Fest 2023

Draugoth

Gold Member

Watch the Sand World Premiere Trailer from Summer Game Fest 2023 live from YouTube Theater in Los Angeles with host Geoff Keighley. #SummerGameFest

FyH-GLdaMAAtPnE
FyH-HISaUAAphCI

FyH-IP6aQAE_clc
FyH-MRJaEAAmm1c

Last edited:

Majukun

i was really surprised of the announcement before realising they are making a movie out of that miniseries released ages ago.

Teslerum

Saw a youtube comment that summarizes my thoughts.

Mad Max DQ.
Random trivia:

In the original manga the MC (Beelzebub) is partly helping out because he gets a playstation with Dragon Quest 13 out of it.

Not sure they're keeping that reference.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

Fbh

Will need to get more details about the gameplay and structure but it looks really fun.
The overall art style and vibe seem chill

Reactions: Isa

Saber

Gold Member
I'm a huge fan of Akira, but I'm not fully convinced yet this game looks anything interesting. Time hopefully wil change that.

Isa

This takes me back, I remember digging this back when it was released in Shonen Jump way back when. Might still have a few copies stored away. I'm most likely there day 1.

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
Love the art style. Big dbz and dq fan as well.

Hopefully it reviews well. I'll give it a rent. As long as its not digital only.

Fuz

Banned
I've read the manga when it came out and I don't remember anything about it.

Toriyama style never gets old, anyway. Although the characters tend to look all the same.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
The art style is gorgeous, lighting is particularly excellent taking the game’s aesthetics to the next level.

Last edited:

Neo_GAF

Banned
Random trivia:

In the original manga the MC (Beelzebub) is partly helping out because he gets a playstation with Dragon Quest 13 out of it.

Not sure they're keeping that reference.
the oneshot came out in 2001 and was a very watered down manga. liked the atmo, but since it was only a few chapters long, iam not sure how you would create something out of it.

NahaNago

the oneshot came out in 2001 and was a very watered down manga. liked the atmo, but since it was only a few chapters long, iam not sure how you would create something out of it.
They are simply going to create a lot of new characters and storylines and put it in that world. They end up fighting like the red ribbon army of that world so that would be simple to create for. Plus sincehe is like the demon prince I could see him helping out demons he comes across and the old soldier will want to help out humans they come across. They could have the tank go down, deal with military checkpoints, and they also have to fight that swimming squad.

Last edited:
Top Bottom