• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Due to expiring car and track licences, Project CARS 2 will be delisted on September 21st and Project CARS on October 3rd

Guilty_AI

Piracy is piracy mate no way to change the subject to suit your needs.
Like it or not, its the most reliable way of game preservation. Old disks deteriorate, don't run due to decades old forms of copy protection, can be difficult to find or far too expensive, requiring you to navigate through sketchy offerings on C2C sites not knowing the state the disk will come (or if it'll come at all). Meanwhile, its much easier to find reliable sites that make abandonware available.

As an example, recently i wanted to replay Driver (PC - 1999). I own an original physical copy of the game but it wouldn't launch (mainly due to disk protection that required a windows DLL that doesn't exist anymore, ironically enough), i tried the recommended workarounds and it still didn't work. Then i downloaded a pirated version from an website that came with all the workarounds and QoL patches pre-installed and it ran like a dream, not to mention it was much easier to deal with.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I never understand why there is time limits on these licensing
Donald Duck Money GIF

lukilladog

Piracy is piracy mate no way to change the subject to suit your needs.

It´s not so simple. You must ask yourself, are some things illegal because the law says so, or the law says some things are illegal because of reasons. There is only one logical answer, therefore it follows that "borrowing" or cracking games under certain circumstances does not go against the spirit of copyright laws.

xrnzaaas

It's sad, they're both great games despite having buggy launches (especially pCARS2). I'm hoping for one last season pass/dlc sale.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Maybe.

But people in the 90s also probably never though “Circuit City” would cease to exist, people in the 80s with Sears, or who would have guessed Activision sells to MS a year ago?

Things change. Fast, relatively speaking.
My first digitally bought game was a physical copy of Half Life 2 in 2004.

I can't remember where the disc is, but after 18 years I am still able to download it whenever I want.

Theres several xbox 360 games I've bought digitally that's no longer in production.
Sadly some of them are no longer available for purchase like overlord, but I can't get a physical copy either.

I owned it once, sold it, and am fucked now. If I bought it digitally back then I could just boot it up now.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
Just bought Fear 3 for $30 on 360. Only available on physical. Its known that physical games go up in value as licenses expire.
It's known that *some* physical games go up in value as licenses expire or become unavailable digitally. It is not universal. $30 not rare collectible kind of money.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Project Car 2's Deluxe Edition is on sale for $9 on xbox right now.

Reminder, this will get delisted in 9 days from today.

Get it while it's available.

Last edited:

Futaleufu

AFAIK there is a DLC that's not included in the Season Pass (Japanese Cars Bonus Pack) in case you want a 100% collection

Top Bottom