• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dudebro: MSIFUSIHTS/SY2: The Straight-Up Official Thread!

A few months ago before I signed up to NeoGaf I would browse through the topics and lurk, etc.

This is one of the threads that caught my eye. First of all it was pretty hillarious, secondly I was really impressed at how a small group of volunteers have managed to make significant progress on their very own game, and thirdly I was entertained reading about the various changes, additions, and hurdles you guys have faced.

So very well done to all those who've contributed in the making of Dudebro, keep up the good work!

zon

Just like many others I'm looking forward to try out Dudebro when the game is finished. Keep up the good work guys. :)

Today's update is for the lift 3D model. http://www.grimoireassemblyforge.com/dudebro2/site/?p=2034

lift_render-415x450.jpg

Yeah, keep up the fantastic work, guys.

Had much fun following this project throughout. Even if it's a long way from release, I enjoy all the little updates and progress reports as it's fascinating to see the process.

Anyway, back to it!

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Hey there!

Bumping this thread after such a long silence for an update about Dudebro's status, and please let me do it by quoting myself from this thread.

Jocchan said:
Lots of people left, including important contributors, leaving us severely understaffed. Things slowed down more and more, deadlines started getting missed (the most blatant being a gameplay trailer for E3), so changes had to be made to keep everything manageable with one tenth of the staff.

These changes are not public yet because the best way to introduce them is to show them in practice, so we're keeping a low profile mode until that time comes.

The official thread, specifically, was abandoned because the sporadic bumps didn't last long and often went with very few replies, if any at all. The website is still having regular weekly updates every Monday, though (and the one from today is actually a cutscene running in real time in your browser with Unity Web Player, and is coincidentally planned to be posted in the OT too later today).

And about the cutscene mentioned in this quote, well, here it is (click the picture below):

OnPoint

Glad to hear it's still being worked on, and I wish I could help more. :( Damn my lack of programming skills

How's stuff on the music front? I have to redownload my programs, but I could submit a couple more tracks if needed.

Also, is my submitted song still included?

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Thanks, guys!

OnPoint said:
Glad to hear it's still being worked on, and I wish I could help more. :( Damn my lack of programming skills

How's stuff on the music front? I have to redownload my programs, but I could submit a couple more tracks if needed.

Also, is my submitted song still included?
There is still work to be done on the music front, but it's early for final decisions. Hop on IRC anytime! :)

Wow! It's been almost two years since that Imaginz thread. Seems like just yesterday that that one dude was in their raging about "hardcore" games. Glad to see the games still being worked on.

Xun

Why hadn't I heard of this before.

I'm impressed GAF.

We need to make a Zelda-clone next.

The Misadventures of Blunty: The Retarded Elf of Deltitnu

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Today's website update is Pillguy:

Xi3gH.png

Here we have the Pillguy, a floating SkullPro piloted mechanical armor suit that strangely looks like a large yellow capsule with a white visor. Originally a placeholder enemy, used in the Dudebro II prototype in place of SkullPro soldiers and Yetis while the final assets were still being worked on, over time the team grew attached to this pill-shaped oddity, and decided to flesh it out a bit.
So here it is, with a name reminiscent of a certain character known on the Internet for being particularly fond of sticking to walls.
In addition to the complex wiring and machine part placement, the inside of the Pillguy Power Suit is completely customized to fit the needs of the pilot, and guarantees comforts such as GPS navigation, Internet access with unlimited bandwidth, a selection of classic videogames, a decent supply of burgers and beer, and a coffee maker. Of course most SkullPro soldiers will also fill it up with even more junk and use up too many power outlets, thus causing a significant drop in performance and effectively cancelling all the physical advantages given by the suit.

Link: http://www.grimoireassemblyforge.com/dudebro2/site/?p=2301

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Hey guys, project still active? Just let me know if there's anything I can do on my end, as ever. Would like to see Dudebro completed ;b

Hey guys, project still active? Just let me know if there's anything I can do on my end, as ever. Would like to see Dudebro completed ;b

Still active. We've had to make due with having a much smaller team than when it first started, but we're making a ton of progress thanks to a few changes and SHOULD have a trailer up soon and hopefully the game will be finished a few months after that.

Maybe you could sticky the thread for a week or so when it's finally done, but we're good for now.

With Evilore on board, Dudebro is sure to be completed sometime soon instead of getting DNF'd.

Also, will Dudebro be submitted to Steam? I'll buy it if it is...

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Still active. We've had to make due with having a much smaller team than when it first started, but we're making a ton of progress thanks to a few changes and SHOULD have a trailer up soon and hopefully the game will be finished a few months after that.

Maybe you could sticky the thread for a week or so when it's finally done, but we're good for now.
Hyyyype. Can't wait for the trailer.
Best of luck fellas.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Thanks guys!

Yep, it's still active! Just in a bit of "low visibility mode" until some changes can be shown publicly (see here for a few more details: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31481216&postcount=5886 ).
Thanks for the offer, EviLore, but right now it's just a matter of going forward. Should we need help later on, I'll let you know immediately, thank you!

Also, will Dudebro be submitted to Steam? I'll buy it if it is...
That's the plan, so fingers crossed :)

Spoo

Thanks guys!

Yep, it's still active! Just in a bit of "low visibility mode" until some changes can be shown publicly (see here for a few more details: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31481216&postcount=5886 ).
Thanks for the offer, EviLore, but right now it's just a matter of going forward. Should we need help later on, I'll let you know immediately, thank you!

Continuing to wish Dudebro the best of luck. Steam is a great goal!

WarMacheen

Thanks guys!

That cut scene is badass and the music fits nicely. I want to fuck shit up after watching.

Is the music from something else or is it original?

Zomba13

Thanks guys!

Dudebro beret, sunglasses and beard hat/miscs for Heavy as a preorder bonus!

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
(if i am still part of the project).
Of course. Why not? :)

Continuing to wish Dudebro the best of luck. Steam is a great goal!
Thank you, buddy!

Imma bump this thread for no reason fon I am a bro and I ain't afraid.
That's the single best reason to bump a thread.

That cut scene is badass and the music fits nicely. I want to fuck shit up after watching.

Is the music from something else or is it original?
It's original :)
rSpooky made the first, more atmospheric track, and Mastgrr the second, more badass one.

Dudebro beret, sunglasses and beard hat/miscs for Heavy as a preorder bonus!
YES.

You guys need a hand? I'm doing nothing for the next couple of weeks. I can code pretty well.
Thanks man, but introducing someone new might be quite complex at the moment. Can I shoot you a PM should we need help later on?

Open dat phat wallet, EL.

Do you guys need any donations for anything? I'd chip in like 5 bucks (I'm poor, sorry).
Thanks, but we're good! Thankfully our costs are more than manageable :)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Just wondering guys, do you still need low-poly static 3D modelers? :p

I have the time now as compared to the previous months. :)

I still cannot wait for this to come out, just to see it hit completion. I feel like it would be a very good candidate for the Humble Indie Bundle... you know, just saying.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
I still cannot wait for this to come out, just to see it hit completion. I feel like it would be a very good candidate for the Humble Indie Bundle... you know, just saying.
I agree, and there are actually plans for something like that :)

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
The new website update is official word on the development status:

missing.jpg

As you probably noticed, we’re now in 2012, which means Dudebro II missed its intended 2011 release. There are several reasons for that, and it’s about time to address them and clarify where things are at.
First, please put those shovels away: despite the lack of recent media Dudebro ain’t dead, and he’d be hella pissed if he knew you thought that. He’s fine, the game is shaping up pretty nicely and his beard is bushier than ever.
Several key members left the Dudebro team after the last bit of media came out, which led to delays upon delays. A gameplay trailer was supposed to be released around last E3, but many placeholder elements weren’t replaced by final assets in time, and that deadline was missed. The team was shrinking more and more, and it became apparent that completing the game would have taken a very long time without all that manpower, even if we kept cutting corners with the result of making a worse game.
So, we did some important structural changes, which allowed the project to stay manageable with a much smaller team without compromising its quality.
In doing so, we have made a remarkable amount of progress in these last months, and Dudebro II is now perfectly on schedule. The reason we have not announced said changes yet is because we want to show them in motion, and this is going to happen sooner than you think. Until then, please keep following this website for updates. We still have plenty of things to show.
http://www.grimoireassemblyforge.com/dudebro2/site/?p=2367

This was basically already posted here in this thread, but I thought a bump would have been a good way to restate Dudebro is fine despite the lack of media in recent months.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
It has been a while since the last update. Anything new on the horizon? I'm pumped to play this someday!
The website is still updated every two weeks as usual, but yeah... the lack of media and updates everywhere else is due to the reasons described a few posts above.

The good news is that once this iteration of assignments is done we'll be able to start capturing gameplay footage for the new trailer. Sorry this has been taking a lot more than expected, I'm the first to be disappointed for that.

The website is still updated every two weeks as usual, but yeah... the lack of media and updates everywhere else is due to the reasons described a few posts above.

The good news is that once this iteration of assignments is done we'll be able to start capturing gameplay footage for the new trailer. Sorry this has been taking a lot more than expected, I'm the first to be disappointed for that.
"A delayed game is eventually good; a bad game is bad forever."

:D

You guys just take your time and make GAF proud with the final product. The amount of perseverance and dedication you all have displayed is pretty astounding. Keep up the passion until Dudebro can unleash his bearded glory upon the world!

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Thank you, man. As far as I'm concerned, my dedication never went down, and it sure won't until the game is out and kicks a reasonable amount of ass.

Top Bottom