• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dudebro: MSIFUSIHTS/SY2: The Straight-Up Official Thread!

ultrazilla

1334875_o.gif

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Long ago, we were coming up with company names for the game and I made a few recommendations.

Did "New Path Demolitions" make its way into the final game?

Log4Girlz

This game was announced too early. If anything it should have been held back to this year's e3 and the few months following would have just built on the hype.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
The latest website update focuses on some of the screenshots we released last month, which showed elements not in the trailer. So, I thought it may be worth a bump:

Together with the trailer last month, we released a number of screenshots. While most of them mirrored scenes also shown in the gameplay clips, some didn’t. So, we decided to put a few select screens in the spotlight, and elaborate on what’s in them.

screen008.png

A polar bear, not looking too entertained, is peeping from outside the half-collapsed wall in the background. Could he be getting ready to pounce, or perhaps just be content with watching from a distance?

screen015.png

A penguin on a shooting spree, causing lots of bullets to rain down from the sky. Dudebro may not be able to carry an umbrella, but it looks like he found something else to shield himself with.

screen009.png

Passed out SkullPro Soldiers won’t be a rarity inside bars. It’s a very mentally taxing job, when you have a sidescroller AI.

screen017.png

There are two ways to get past this bed of spikes. One looks painful, the other one needs a bullet and just a little bit of physics.

screen020.png

The missiles shot by the Ledge Hammer can be used as platforms, but you don’t want to be standing near them when they run out of fuel.

http://www.grimoireassemblyforge.com/dudebro2/site/?p=3007

Loved the reference to this in the new Borderlands 2 expansion.

I literally said, "Holy shit!" when I heard Mr. Torgue say, "It's straight up dawg time!".

So good. :)

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
The latest website update is about the weapon wheel:

dudebro2.com said:
Throughout his adventures, Dudebro will obtain quite a few deadly weapons. While he can wield many at a time, that wouldn’t be very fair to the enemy, so he has opted to just use one at any given moment, and carry the rest in his beard. When using a controller, said weapons can be changed in real time, without pausing the game or accessing separate menus, through the Weapon Wheel.

Weapon-wheel.png

In the trailer, we joked about video game protagonists only being able to carry 2 weapons at a time. That, of course, is not Dudebro’s case. Going by the image above, you would think his limit is 8, but that also is not really the case, and we’ll elaborate further on this in a later update.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
This sounds very interesting.

I must admit I haven't been following the GCW Zero closely. How does it fare with games heavy on physics? Especially ones running Box2D or Farseer?

Vitacat

This sounds very interesting.

I must admit I haven't been following the GCW Zero closely. How does it fare with games heavy on physics? Especially ones running Box2D or Farseer?

Hi Jocchan,

Just asked the GCW devs in their IRC channel. One of them replied:

<Surkow|laptop> the physics part isn't even the issue
<Surkow|laptop> XNA is the issue
<Surkow|laptop> I'll ask around if monogame actually works on mips

Jocchan, please join #gcw on freenode IRC if you like. You would be welcome, and can talk with the GCW devs directly. Surkow is one of them, and he likes your game idea.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Hi Jocchan,

Just asked the GCW devs in their IRC channel. One of them replied:

Jocchan, please join #gcw on freenode IRC if you like. You would be welcome, and can talk with the GCW devs directly. Surkow is one of them, and he likes your game idea.
Weird, I thought GCW was among the platforms now supported by MonoGame 3.0, but it looks like I was wrong. Anyway, I'd love to hop on IRC this weekend. Thanks :)

Dr.Acula

Banned
I played the game when it was like a 3D top-down dealie and wasn't really impressed. The move to 2D was advisable.

I gotta say, so 2D assets look amazing, this thing seems like it's really coming together. How much are you gonna charge for DLC? (j/k)

Seriously, looks actually halfway cool.

How big is the team, and what's the timeframe look like?

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Could you use the mouse scroll wheel to control the weapon wheel on KB+M?

Good job you guys!
There's a different setup while using the keyboard, hopefully more comfortable as the mouse isn't getting used anymore (the control scheme is closer to old run and gun shooters).

I played the game when it was like a 3D top-down dealie and wasn't really impressed. The move to 2D was advisable.

I gotta say, so 2D assets look amazing, this thing seems like it's really coming together. How much are you gonna charge for DLC? (j/k)

Seriously, looks actually halfway cool.

How big is the team, and what's the timeframe look like?
Thanks man. The top-down game had to deal with massive delays for getting the assets completed, so the test build didn't really have much going on, had to rely on placeholder assets for way too long, and the controls were honestly too slippery. At one point it was starting to get better, but we were already too much understaffed.

About the current team, it's quite small: three coders, two artists (I already counted myself twice), and several audio guys (music, sfx, VA). Most with a full time job (including myself), which means the time we can devote to the game is unfortunately limited, so finishing it is still going to take a bit. Still, unlike before, things get done regularly enough, everything is more manageable, and the game feels much better to actually play.

Top Bottom