• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragons dogma 2: which platform will you be playing on?

Which platform?

• Xbox Series X

Votes: 32 8.7%
  • PS5

Votes: 131 35.7%
  • PC

Votes: 204 55.6%

• Total voters

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
ng4015z0egv51.png

I'm not even sure how to process that information
Wait.... I mixed something up.
I stopped feeling the urge to play on pc for performance benefits.
meaning, yeah of course 4k120 is great on pc, but if I play 4k30 or upscaled+60fps on console, it's also fine without leaving me longing for that pc experience.
Is that more clear?

Games are all kind similar on all platforms nowadays. They look almost identical and the main difference being upscaling method, resolution and fps.... and more often than not, it's already acceptable on consoles with few other console quality of life meaning a bit more to me than jump from 60 to 120 on pc would.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
ng4015z0egv51.png

I'm not even sure how to process that information

But 25 - 40 fps will be “fine” and rofif will post a bunch of still images to prove it. I’ve come to accept rofif rofif is just kind of an eccentric guy but he’s a good egg. I would bet his 3080 would run this at 60 fps just fine with DLSS and a key would be cheaper. But hey, it’s not my money. Just please don’t build another PC rofif rofif .

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
But 25 - 40 fps will be “fine” and rofif will post a bunch of still images to prove it. I’ve come to accept rofif rofif is just kind of an eccentric guy but he’s a good egg. I would bet his 3080 would run this at 60 fps just fine with DLSS and a key would be cheaper. But hey, it’s not my money. Just please don’t build another PC rofif rofif .
I corrected my answer in quote to Buggy Loop Buggy Loop
I mean, I would think my pc will get better performance for sure... but it's not 100% this time. I think CPU will play a big role here.
Anyway - Nobody stopping me from playing both versions if I feel ps5 is too bad.
There are other quality of life reasons for me to go with console version even if it's a bit inferior with framerate.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I am dying right now. Is this really a thing he does?
No of course not.
I post nice screenshots of games. That has nothing to do with performance. I just love taking screenshots. I always did.
They hate me and the fact that I am not pcmr guy anymore, so they try to slander my at any point. Don't worry about it.
I liked forspoken so i am obviously the devil :messenger_sunglasses:

Last edited:

OverHeat

« generous god »
No of course not.
I post nice screenshots of games. That has nothing to do with performance. I just love taking screenshots. I always did.
They hate me and the fact that I am not pcmr guy anymore, so they try to slander my at any point. Don't worry about it.
I liked forspoken so i am obviously the devil :messenger_sunglasses:
Nobody hate you…but you hate everybody 😜

"30 fps is unacceptable"

Proceeds to Play on the Nintendo Switch.

Anyway, If I get it, it'll be on PS5 patiently waiting for the PS5 Pro.

Reactions: Isa

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Decisions, decisions

PS5: 30-ish fps
XSX: 30-ish fps, VRR
PC: 60+ fps, but probably have to go down to 1080p (or lower) to keep it there

This game might have to wait for a mid-gen console refresh, or for me to upgrade my PC

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Decisions, decisions

PS5: 30-ish fps
XSX: 30-ish fps, VRR
PC: 60+ fps, but probably have to go down to 1080p (or lower) to keep it there

This game might have to wait for a mid-gen console refresh, or for me to upgrade my PC
seems like you got it laid out pretty well. Dualsense haptics on ps5 too but maybe on pc wired also (even if usually a bit worse) and 3d audio maaaybe.
PC might be cpu heavy so going down to 1080p might not help. But RE engine games usuall just hammer the gpu. Should be fine

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
seems like you got it laid out pretty well. Dualsense haptics on ps5 too but maybe on pc wired also (even if usually a bit worse) and 3d audio maaaybe.
PC might be cpu heavy so going down to 1080p might not help. But RE engine games usuall just hammer the gpu. Should be fine
I've got a Ryzen 7 5800 CPU, so that should be fine (it's higher than their recommended CPU for 4K/30fps). But I have a 3060 (12 GB model) that seems like it'll struggle with 60fps anything higher than 1080p. Ideally I'd do 2560x1080 ultrawide, which would tax it even further.

RavageX

PS5.

having the first one on PS, it makes sense to get it on PS5. Hopefully it has some nice DS support.
This is kinda where I'm at, however...

Since these days games are appearing on all things, PC and Xbox....switch too I tend to lean towards what is most convenient (and cheaper). I typically can find the games on PC/XBOX cheaper. From there I usually get what is Xbox/PC compatible that way I can play in the living room OR on my laptop.
I still have a strange issue that causes me to double dip sadly. Games I collect like the Yakuza series I need to have on Playstation....then I get them later on PC. It just because that's where I first played the series....still feels weird being multiplatform.

But its getting easier due to pricing...I can probably get DD2 for $50 or even maybe $45....so why not?

(and I DGAF about FPS)

Last edited:

Kings Field

decided to cancel my PS5 preorder and keep my Series X preorder. I’ll play it now on Series X and on PC when I build one this summer.

SHA

I bought the series x for 3rd party games, it's not boring when you play on TV vs monitor, pc is different with monitors.

Chiggs

Playing on PC because the console versions are probably going to be a mess...just like the PC version will be. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Top Bottom