• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Don't believe Aaron Greenberg no CGI trailers statement for the Showcase

Robochobo

I think you're mixing your universes or percentages. If you're talking about 95% of what was shown at E3 were never actual gameplay, then yes. Either that or u live in a different and better universe. Lmao at the "if these corporations say it is in gameplay IT REALLY IS GUYS". Ubisoft would like a word with you.
Can you not read? I stated when something was explicitly stated to be in game gameplay, not left up to debate. I love how you bring ubisoft up when they actually showed in-game gameplay. Whether or not the game was run on superior hardware, or was downgraded after the fact doesn't change that it was actual gameplay. How hard headed are you?

So greenberg said this

Here is the Halo Infinite in engine footage that we got

And it was nothing like the final game you can even read the disappointment in the comments
So we won't know how the presented games will look like when there is an in engine footage
with statements like this i don't believe anything he says

Take this BS thread and throw it in the bin, seriously WTF.

j.k.2021

Banned
10 years of lies....but let's give them a chance. 🐯
What you fail to understand is that Xbox now owns 20+ first party studios.You are comparing current Xbox to when it was only reliant on just four first party studios output and thus lacked games.All the studios they purchased in 2018-2019 will soon start showing result.No doubt that the last thing Xbox will lack in future is games.IMO, A lot of people are about to get the reality check.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
This show will be all indies and live service updates. I think we will get the bare minimum from microsofts first party
There are a few first-party big games that have been MIA for so long that they are bound to appear on this show: Hellblade 2, Avowed, Fable, State of Decay 3, Contraband, Everwild, etc.

I don't see it as a win, however. In my opinion, those were Phase 1 games and should have been released some time ago. If they show proper gameplay footage for those games after 3 years of announcing them, it's a bare minimum thing in my eyes, instead of a huge win.

A huge win, in my opinion, would be if those games show up with proper Series X gameplay footage, and Xbox also announces a bunch of other games (Phase 2 of this generation) with a mix of gameplay and in-engine reveals.

Last edited:

Godot25

Banned
Aaron is a spin doctor. Note the word "Full" in the following.

"None of our first party games in the show are full CG trailers."
I mean. If you have problems with reading with comprehension, than understanding written language is a problem. As OP showed with title of this thread.

Greenberg meant that even if game will get CGI trailer (for example Starfield), it will be along with other in-engine/gameplay from the same game.

samoilaaa

There are a few first-party big games that have been MIA for so long that they are bound to appear on this show: Hellblade 2, Avowed, Fable, State of Decay 3, Contraband, Everwild, etc.

I don't see it as a win, however. In my opinion, those were Phase 1 games and should have been released some time ago. If they show proper gameplay footage for those games after 3 years of announcing them, it's a bare minimum thing in my eyes, instead of a huge win.

A huge win, in my opinion, would be if those games show up with proper Series X gameplay footage, and Xbox also announces a bunch of other games (Phase 2 of this generation) with a mix of gameplay and in-engine reveals.
fable , state of decay 4 and contraband will be live service games

Umbasaborne

Banned

100 percent agree… i really dont know what they were thinking announcing those projects so long ago, when it seems like most of them wont be ready til 2025. Finally showing something announced 3 years ago is not a win, its the bare minimum they need to do to ever consider gaining back momentum.

Sony set them up for a lay up with that awful showcase, now is the time to act on it. I bet if they put on a good show, it will help to move consoles this year

I for one think MS are going to actually have a very solid show. They know they need to show the games that they have been working on for so long. It’s been a drought of information on them for far too long. I am excited to see what they have in store on the 11th especially after the crappy show that Sony put on.

CGI is an old term now and used broadly for cutscenes in game/engine or not.

If MS want to avoid criticism you do so by avoiding a cutscene only showing for said title. People want gameplay. An in engine cutscene or using in engine assets to form a trailer amounts to CGI or a meaningless trailer.

Anyway, I think they will show some good stuff, they're due.

Last edited:
Whether or not the game was run on superior hardware, or was downgraded after the fact doesn't change that it was actual gameplay.

So you admit it wasnt actual gameplay then. Got it. Debate closed. If what it is shown at any of these shows is not what we will be playing, it is not real gameplay. Pre-rendered or heavily scripted sequences that look exactly like gameplay with no hitches, stutters, and many impossible aspects that will never show up in actual live gameplay scenarios the consumers have, are not actual gameplay footage. Let's not twist the word gameplay like corporations do. They are only trailers made specifically for stupid people to sell their games. It's called marketing, and marketing from the very beginning has never been reality. If you get hyped over these trailers and pre-order or whatever else, then I feel sorry for you. I really do. It must really suck to live in such a fake universe.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

I think he's had a little too much grass.

chris tucker dope GIF

Robochobo

So you admit it wasnt actual gameplay then. Got it. Debate closed.
It was actual gameplay. You're farcical at this point in regards to what in game gameplay means. I'll explain, it means gameplay from the game. Games get changed constantly throughout development. I'm going to assume you'd also think that the E3 showing of Halo 2 wasn't actual gameplay because it was cut... even though it was gameplay. Stop being daft.

It was actual gameplay. You're farcical at this point in regards to what in game gameplay means. I'll explain, it means gameplay from the game. Games get changed constantly throughout development. I'm going to assume you'd also think that the E3 showing of Halo 2 wasn't actual gameplay because it was cut... even though it was gameplay. Stop being daft.

Don't ignore the rest of my post.

If what it is shown at any of these shows is not what we will be playing, it is not real gameplay. Pre-rendered or heavily scripted sequences that look exactly like gameplay with no hitches, stutters, and many impossible aspects that will never show up in actual live gameplay scenarios the consumers have, are not actual gameplay footage. Let's not twist the word gameplay like corporations do. They are only trailers made specifically for stupid people to sell their games. It's called marketing, and marketing from the very beginning has never been reality. If you get hyped over these trailers and pre-order or whatever else, then I feel sorry for you. I really do. It must really suck to live in such a fake universe.

I want to see you play all the games shown at these major events exactly as they are, graphically speaking, smooth, no performance issues, etc. Lemme know, when you do that.
You won't because they were never real. Peace out, ignored.

Last edited:

Kikorin

At this point "in-engine" is basically CGI. I'm always amazed when people see "in-engine" trailers and thinks are rappresentative of what the game will looks like during gameplay.

If anyone actually listens to Greenberg at this stage, then they deserve every disappointment they get. The guy has never been clear or honest about what Xbox is up to. Just endless marketing horseshit.
So the guy who's seen all the content is less reliable than the OP? Greenberg has stated that all first party consist of at least gameplay, in-engine or cutscenes. A combination of all and he didn't rule out CGI being used partly but no game will be entirely CGI.

This thread is nonsense, unless after the Showcase we have found Greenberg to be a liar.

FunkMiller

So the guy who's seen all the content is less reliable than the OP? Greenberg has stated that all first party consist of at least gameplay, in-engine or cutscenes. A combination of all and he didn't rule out CGI being used partly but no game will be entirely CGI.

This thread is nonsense, unless after the Showcase we have found Greenberg to be a liar.

The OP's opinion is irrelevant. Greenberg has talked bollocks before, and I see no reason for this occasion to be any different.

They are also not doing that bullshit last showcase where you will be playing all these games in the next 12 months schtick. Yep, still waiting for hollow knight 2, forza and starfield.

Last edited:

L*][*N*K

Banned
I don't read into these before an event this and that will be shown tweets, before Sony's showcase they said we will lose our minds and the only thing I lost after that show was the hour I wasted watching it.

Top Bottom