• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Don't believe Aaron Greenberg no CGI trailers statement for the Showcase

Bernoulli

M2 slut
So greenberg said this

Here is the Halo Infinite in engine footage that we got

And it was nothing like the final game you can even read the disappointment in the comments
So we won't know how the presented games will look like when there is an in engine footage
with statements like this i don't believe anything he says

feynoob

Every year they have to come with a completely dishonest stance that will make the headlines. The previous year was the 12 months now it's the "no CGI". They still don't understand we don't care anymore, just release the games.
Some of the announced games had delays, considering there was a freaking pandemic out there.

Last edited:

Portugeezer

Some people believe that no cgi trailers means we get to look at how the game will be
I was hyped by the Halo Infinite trailer but when we got the actual game it was not even close
Just a warning when it's not actual gameplay it's often far from the real thing
Sure, but that's normal and at least it's more representative of the visuals you'll see (except DICE with Frostbite engine; in-engine always looked miles better)

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Some people believe that no cgi trailers means we get to look at how the game will be
I was hyped by the Halo Infinite trailer but when we got the actual game it was not even close

While I agree for games that are years out.... But if they say this is launching within the next 12 months...It should be pretty close.

This won't be a spider man 2 / Halo engine trailer scenario.

ungalo

I can already see the statement of next year "we commit to more transparence about the games we are showing, so this year everything you are going to see is only either CGI or gameplay, no in between".

While we'll still be waiting for Avowed.

Bernoulli

M2 slut
While I agree for games that are years out.... But if they say this is launching within the next 12 months...It should be pretty close.

This won't be a spider man 2 / Halo engine trailer scenario.
Usually when the game is launching in the next 12 months we get at least some short clips of gameplay, nothing wrong with mixing in engine and gameplay
But the biggest scam is still watch dogs with the FULL fake gameplay

Bernoulli

M2 slut
"In-engine" is the modern equivalent to CGI trailers.

You know that whatever you're seeing is not how the game will actually end up looking/playing.
That's what i hate, we have moved from CGI to in engine that most of the time are running on the highest PC specs and scripted that look nothing like the final game even on a high spec pc at launch

Kvally

Banned
"Don't believe Aaron Greenberg no CGI trailers statement" - Gaf

"None of our first party games in the show are full CG trailers." - Aaron

Awkward The Last Of Us GIF by PlayStation

near

Gold Member
Funny how he doesnt actually state gameplay and he does say the word cinematics. As expected, just pre-rendered crap. See you in 2025 with your games Xbox.

FBeeEye FBeeEye too bad you're banned but fucking told you so.
near near you lost the bet.
Not sure what I've lost, we haven't seen anything yet. Just for reference, this is what you said:

NfGbheG.png

"Everything is either in-game footage, in-engine footage, or in-game footage with some cinematics." Does not mean not actual gameplay.

Season 3 GIF by Parks and Recreation

Keep living the dream buddy. Even if it shows "gameplay", it won't be real gameplay. Is this your first event? It's been the same every year for the past 20? years. Legit gameplay are only shown months before release or in previews.

j.k.2021

Banned
Regardless, People still fail to realize that this isn't the past and Xbox just have tooo many games in development.It doesn't matter if one of two Xbox releases suck now because two or more big games will be out shortly after it.They will soon start getting payoff from all the investment they did in 2018, 2019.I expect Hellblade II and Avowed to launch next year with big Bethesda release.

Last edited:

Robochobo

Season 3 GIF by Parks and Recreation

Keep living the dream buddy. Even if it shows "gameplay", it won't be real gameplay. Is this your first event? It's been the same every year for the past 20? years. Legit gameplay are only shown months before release or in previews.
I'm not sure what E3's or showcases you've ever watched in the past 20 years, but 95% of the time when something is explicitly said to be in-game gameplay... it's in-game gameplay. Now if it's on PC hardware or not is a choice of the publisher, but yeah. Don't be ridiculous.

Godot25

Banned
I mean. Even in-engine trailer like Halo Infinite would be way better than CGI trash from PlayStation Showcase (first-party wise) or Xbox Showcase from 2020.

That trailer from Halo Infinite at least painted something from the game. Zeta Halo, return to old art-style etc. Trailer from Concord/State of Decay 3/Avowed literally told me nothing.

Also. If it's clearly labelled as "in-engine" or "gameplay mixed with cinematics" or "gameplay from Series X" then what is a problem exactly?

Last edited:

Bernoulli

M2 slut
Regardless, People still fail to realize that this isn't the past and Xbox just have tooo many games in development.It doesn't matter if one of two Xbox releases suck now because two or more big games will be out shortly after it.They will soon start getting payoff from all the investment they did in 2018, 2019.I expect Hellblade II and Avowed to launch next year with big Bethesda release.
Hellblade 2 was announced in 2019
I hope we got a long gameplay video of it I'm hyped for that one and maybe release this year

SHA

This issue has been around since the ancient times, to be fair, there are no brand attachments with it.

ActusReusJB

Neo Member
We live in the age of the downgrade, even if we see gameplay for any games regardless of company presenting, until it is out, you just don’t know.

Last edited:
but 95% of the time when something is explicitly said to be in-game gameplay... it's in-game gameplay.

I think you're mixing your universes or percentages. If you're talking about 95% of what was shown at E3 were never actual gameplay, then yes. Either that or u live in a different and better universe. Lmao at the "if these corporations say it is in gameplay IT REALLY IS GUYS". Ubisoft would like a word with you. I hear they're hiring.

Last edited:
Top Bottom