• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Don't believe Aaron Greenberg no CGI trailers statement for the Showcase

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
We'll get that too. they didn't exactly have a lot of time and only 1 hour for the 20+ trailers.
Nintendo packs 20+ gameplay trailers in 45min. But I guess they really had to have 10min of show for the interstitials of "World Premier" and "Day one on GamePass" as if it couldn't have been a label.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
"In-game" just means it's in the game. Doesn't mean it's not prerendered. I'm not sure what's got you two upset. Uncharted of old used it all the time.

Pre-rendered like the Uncharted games used them and Pre-rendered CGI are not the same thing. As much as you may want to have everyone think this is CGI, this wasn't .

Last edited:

Three

Pre-rendered like the Uncharted games used them and Pre-rendered CGI are not the same thing. As much as you may want to have everyone think this is CGI, this wasn't .
What on earth are you talking about? What people call CGI is referring to prerendered footage of any kind.

I have no idea what you mean by "Pre-rendered and Pre-rendered CGI".

adamsapple

What on earth are you talking about? What people call CGI is referring to prerendered footage of any kind.

I have no idea what you mean by "Pre-rendered and Pre-rendered CGI".

You know how the Uncharted games use pre-rendered videos right ? they use the games assets and made videos to mask load times. They are not CG videos like how say Avowed's or Fables announcement trailers were CGI.

You know exactly what this topic is about and what everyone is accusing Aaron of lying about, don't play dumb.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
rofif rofif bruh you're being attacked directly

The only way I'm "twisting" is by telling you that it was not a CGI trailer.

I'm not the one changing the goalpost by requesting different things like a HUD or action gameplay behind the shoulder view etc.
People hate because they have blur played it. Can’t blame them. Marketing destroyed that game

adamsapple

People hate because they have blur played it. Can’t blame them. Marketing destroyed that game

The later patches have actually made it better now that they've added AO to the game.

Last edited:

NEbeast

You know how the Uncharted games use pre-rendered videos right ? they use the games assets and made videos to mask load times. They are not CG videos like how say Avowed's or Fables announcement trailers were CGI.

You know exactly what this topic is about and what everyone is accusing Aaron of lying about, don't play dumb.
Whataboutism.

VAVA Mk2

So greenberg said this

Here is the Halo Infinite in engine footage that we got

And it was nothing like the final game you can even read the disappointment in the comments
So we won't know how the presented games will look like when there is an in engine footage
with statements like this i don't believe anything he says

Halo Infinite announcement pissed me off so much. It wasn't even in engine. They got a third party to make a trailer for what they thought they could get Slipspace to do....and Slipspace was just another revision to the Blam engine from the late 90s/early 2000s. Fucking awful.

Three

Nobody is playing dumb but you. Uncharted used a PS3 farm (i think it was 2-3) to render prerendered cutscenes, most assets were the same but some were not. They used their own engine to do their prerendered cutscenes but it doesn't mean they couldn't have used some animation studio and still called it "in-game". You have absolutely no knowledge that cutscene to gameplay Fable uses the same assets, is in-engine, or anything at all really. Only that it is "in-game" and I was only pointing out that this is legally allowed to be CGI.

Last edited:

CGNoire

In-engine footage can sometimes be almost as misleading as CGI footage. So even if there's an absence of CGI there still could be some fakery in the show if there's a lot of in-engine 'tech demo' type stuff.
In engine isnt a tech demo though. Its blatant prerendered CGI that requires hours to render. Its just rebranded CGI.

adamsapple

Nobody is playing dumb but you. Uncharted used a PS3 farm (i think it was 2-3) to render prerendered cutscenes, most assets were the same but some were not. They used their own engine to do their prerendered cutscenes but it doesn't mean they couldn't have used some animation studio and still called it "in-game". You have absolutely no knowledge that cutscene to gameplay Fable uses the same assets, is in-engine, or anything at all really. Only that it is "in-game" and I was only pointing out that this is legally allowed to be CGI.

"legally allowed to be CGI".

I mean, it's obvious you're just saying things to twist an argument like a pretzel to try and save face now.

We all know what we all refer to as CGI, this trailer was not CGI.

Three

"legally allowed to be CGI".

I mean, it's obvious you're just saying things to twist an argument like a pretzel to try and save face now.

We all know what we all refer to as CGI, this trailer was not CGI.
Funny, because all I've been arguing is that "in-game" is allowed to be prerendered and that prerendered is what people call 'CGI'.

Still believe "in-game footage" means something? Look at footage for Forza 7 labelled as in-game vs what was actually realtime in the game.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Funny, because all I've been arguing is that "in-game" is allowed to be prerendered and that prerendered is what people call 'CGI'.

Still believe "in-game footage" means something? Look at footage for Forza 7 labelled as in-game vs what was actually realtime in the game.

No, you specifically used the lazy rhetoric of calling it "pre-rendered CGI". If it's a case like the Uncharted game where the game-assets are used but it's turned into a video, that is distinctly *not* CGI either.

We're twisting over semantics here.

But we both clearly know the type of CGI being referred here is like the extremely high quality offline renders that were used to announce Fable, Avowerd etc in 2020.

Three

No, you specifically used the lazy rhetoric of calling it "pre-rendered CGI". If it's a case like the Uncharted game where the game-assets are used but it's turned into a video, that is distinctly *not* CGI either.
It is, I've pointed out that when people call something 'CGI' it usually just means "prerendered computer generated imagery" where you don't have to have the computing power to do it in realtime. Uncharted used in-engine assets but increased effects, draw distance, and animation quality, to get a prerendered video from 2-3 PS3s. The fact that it wasn't a jarring jump in quality between gameplay and cutscene that went to pixar quality or some other trailer is irrelevant. It was still prerendered CGI and not realtime.

You don't even know that it's the same case here with fable either and what the gameplay to cutscene quality could be but it's allowed to be CGI because it only has an 'in-game' label which means very little. The graphics could very well be done realtime, especially on a high end PC. I just pointed out that it had an 'in-game' label that usually means nothing and this upset you, nothing to do with 'lazy rhetoric'.

Last edited:

This is in-engine, some footages look like gameplay too :messenger_face_screaming:. Looks nothing like the released version.
I would say just wait until the game release to know how it really look.

Last edited:

Tripolygon

Banned
first time GIF

Lol

Top Bottom