• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you think we may see the rumoured Uncharted tonight?

Funnily enough one game nobody has mentioned in relation to the show tonight is the rumoured Uncharted title that Sony San Diego and the Visual Arts Group have had in development for some time. I think it's the first we actually heard when they were talking next generation stuff but it hasn't come up in all the speculation about the event. Do you think it may show up there?

I'm curious, but I did not really care for the 4th game and the spin off. Will have to know more before I commit. I loved the first three.

Umbral

I think I’ve had my fill of Uncharted.

It also feels weird not to have Amy involved at all if there’s another one. I’d sunset the series. You run the risk of running it into the ground and retrospectively soiling all the good ones that came before if you keep going.

Of course, I’m not President of SEI Worldwide Studios. Definitely not Hermen Hulst. Nope.

Lost Legacy was awesome and my wife's favourite game of the current generation, but she's even more sick of this hate mongering woke crap than I am, and given Naughty Dogs increasing inability to keep their extremist politics out of their work lately, a new one has more chance of pissing her off than making her happy, sadly.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I hope not, i don't wanna play another shitty paced boring title with lesbo female nate as a protagonist.

Sci-fi next for ND please.

dl77

I've been surprised how little speculation there's been about this too. Fingers crossed it's actually a new IP but I'm not gonna lie, if it's another Uncharted game I'll still probably buy it!

Mato

Impossible. They are in full TLOU2 hype mode and there's no way they will reveal such (presumably) graphically superior offering, 8 days before launch.

Roufianos

I'd rather not, feel like that series peaked with 2.

If it's coming from San Diego though, probably better than just their usual output of baseball.

T-Cake

I think Uncharted has come to end with Nathan but it could continue afresh. As long as it's not with his daughter. That would be like Tomb Raider all over again.

docbot

Banned
Lost Legacy was awesome and my wife's favourite game of the current generation, but she's even more sick of this hate mongering woke crap than I am, and given Naughty Dogs increasing inability to keep their extremist politics out of their work lately, a new one has more chance of pissing her off than making her happy, sadly.

calling dibs on imaginary wife. What "extremist" politics? do you even know what extremist politics are?

JimiNutz

Banned
You know I hadn't thought about this at all and although I don't think we will see it tonight, you're right, Sony San Diego have likely had this in development for a while and probably do have something that they could show off now. Nobody seems to be speculating about it other than you so if it does show up, well played OP.

Joey.

God, I hope...

Uncharted 1 & 2 are brilliant IMO. Not a huge fan of the 4th and the spin-off...

If they can revive it and reboot kinda of like what they did with God of War then I'm all in!
Has to be with Drake though.

Birdo

Banned
I dunno. I watched Nolan North do a live AMA, and when asked if there will be another Uncharted, he seemed really bummed out. Like he knows he'll never get the chance to be Drake again.

So if there is one, I don't think he's involved.

Hostile_18

Banned
Hey it's in my predictions post! I'd be so happy as long as they keep the series DNA. Just dont give me busy work like every other third party game and I'll be happy.

Valentino

Wait, Lost Legacy isn't liked? I'm shook. Chloe is a great character, phenomenal setting, looked a notch better than U4, I'm one of those people that likes Nadine. Oh she didn't add anything to the story? Neither did Eddy Raja but he's always brought up and adored. Everyone clammering for Sully, but he ain't climbing no cliffs post U4....otherwise we'll get a "it's unrealistic he's an old man. The killing hundreds of goons is already immersion breaking enough. And wait, he kept saying he was done with that crap in previous games. ugh the immersion breaking is too much!" comments. Younger Sully, sure. I'm more for sequels rather than prequels though. Prequels start adding things and backstory that changes previous game/film establishments.

I personally hope they give Uncharted a rest for a while, I thought U4 was dull and disappointing. I should probably fire up Lost Legacy soon, I've had it installed for ages but not played it yet.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Finished Lost Legacy recently. After U4 I thought this series had ran out of steam and thought it was done. Lost Legacy was a good short story that properly redeemed Nadine Ross in my eyes. I fucking HATED her in U4 but she was done much better as an antagonist turned protagonist. It was a good game and I also enjoyed Sam Drake being the butt of every joke, he's better as a punching bag considering he comes across as a prick.

I'm down for another one if handled properly, you don't even need Drake for every game but don't push too hard. Having more without him than with him would be strange.

Last edited:
I just platinumed the UC2 remaster, I am now on UC3 (and I honestly think it is a better game! it has major improvements)

I have LL and UC4 to revisit also. I may as well platinum UC1 if I do all these, safe to say I'm good for now. I doubt we will see another Uncharted any time soon but would love one eventually especially with PS5 graphics.

Hostile_18

Banned
I just platinumed the UC2 remaster, I am now on UC3 (and I honestly think it is a better game! it has major improvements)

I have LL and UC4 to revisit also. I may as well platinum UC1 if I do all these, safe to say I'm good for now. I doubt we will see another Uncharted any time soon but would love one eventually especially with PS5 graphics.

I got all the Uncharted/Last of Us plats last year ready! The beach level legit on Crushing is the hardest challenge by far. Then the Water room on Uncharted 1 and finally the Plaza on the Last of Us.

Once you have beaten those 3 ordeals, the plats will be yours!

REDRZA MWS

We will know soon ... SOON.

YlbbIyb.gif

Fox Mulder

bring it on.

Uncharted is great as an action and graphical set piece and there still aren’t games like it. They can easily fit more games in the gaps of the main story or do side characters. Sony is still trying to put out a movie, so the franchise obviously isnt done for them.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
hopefully not unless another studio gets to play with the IP.

i wish Naughty Dog would go into uncharted territory and try making a new IP instead of milking Uncharted and appeasing the woke community with TLOU. the last game from them that wasn't TLOU or Uncharted was 2005. the jak & daxter collection from 2012 doesn't count since it was just a remaster of old games and wasn't even developed by Naughty Dog.

15 years of nothing but Uncharted and TLOU.

Last edited:
Top Bottom