• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you believe that The Last of Us 2 is coming to the PC?

tlou 2 coming to the PC

• I think it's true, it's COMING

Votes: 53 29.1%
  • I think it's not coming

Votes: 80 44.0%
  • I don't care, I play only on consoles

Votes: 20 11.0%
  • I don't care

Votes: 29 15.9%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Yes.

Not sure if it's day one but I do believe that starting with PS5, every Sony published title will be day one on PC. Of course, as a console only gamer, it doesn't matter or affect me either way as I will still be playing TLOUP2 on PS4 and PS5 Sony published titles on PS5.

Siri

Banned
Voted I don't care because I don't care about this game.

Thank god you finally told us you don’t care!

When I woke up this morning I was so agitated that my girlfriend actually asked me what was wrong - I told her it was because johntown wasn’t telling us how he felt about TLOU2 possibly coming to the PC. I said I was pretty certain you didn’t care, but it still hadn’t been settled.

Thank God you finally told us! THIS was exactly what I was waiting for. God damn now I’ll be able to get some sleep tonight. Thank you, thank you, and thank you again!!!

johntown

Banned
Thank god you finally told us you don’t care!

When I woke up this morning I was so agitated that my girlfriend actually asked me what was wrong - I told her it was because johntown wasn’t telling us how he felt about TLOU2 possibly coming to the PC. I said I was pretty certain you didn’t care, but it still hadn’t been settled.

Thank God you finally told us! THIS was exactly what I was waiting for. God damn now I’ll be able to get some sleep tonight. Thank you, thank you, and thank you again!!!
Your are most welcome! I am so glad I was able to have such a positive impact on your life! I have a feeling if I didn't post that I don't care care about this game you might not have been with us too much longer in this world.

I would tell you a whole list of other things I don't care about but I don't want you following me like some addict looking a fix just to feel better so I will end it here.

Last edited:

wolffy71

Banned
I don't really get why someone would be upset by another platform being able to play a certain game. If YOU can play it, then what does it matter if the next person can or not?

Belmonte

giphy.gif

NAI1210

I think it might but in a couple of years, first one would come out around the same time as the second comes to playstation, I don't see Sony doing same day pc and playstation, you never know though

EMP88

Neophyte
Asking for people who have DX12 or Vulkan knowledge seems pretty damning.
The advert is asking for applicants with experience of modern GPU’s & API’s. Nothing specific. If you want to attract the best people you won’t narrow down the options.

Incidentally. This exact advert was posted 2yrs ago. Its’s ND’s standard ad description for applicants who want to work on their rendering team.

Jamesie

Neo Member
I'd love for them both to come to PC myself even though I'd probably play it on PS5 first assuming I pick one up this year.

One super interesting bit I've always wondered about though is how much of a difference focusing on a particular platform can have when designed around the hardware and input methods and I've read a bit about this recently (not sure how much of it is true though):
- Diablo III for example supposedly has lower monster density on (some) consoles with the reasoning apparently being around using a controller (I assume possibly also memory/CPU related on some consoles too). Another feature here is the offline mode for consoles with forced online for PC players.
- Misc titles: The obvious graphics/mechanics downgrades that we've seen in the past: We get a super sweet trailer with nice graphics and game mechanics that don't make the cut to release (The Last of Us included with some of the AI that was shown off but not included in the final release).

Anyway just my 2c.

drganon

It may come to pc,but probably only a year or more after the ps4 release. Not that I care that much to be honest since I didn't like the first on.

It would spoil the 22-30fps, 1-2 second control lag cinematic experience. In the end with 1 I gave up and watched some guy beat it on youtube. So this thread is moot guys, relax. It's coming to Youtube.

Last edited:

Bkdk

It could take two years or more but absolutely. Naughty dog’s games will benefit from a PC version big time if done right. Their games are linear so visual enhancements and mods would vastly improve the games. Also character models + environment mods will greatly improve incentive to replay the game multiple times. I won’t even bother to play this without a proper PC version.

Justin9mm

It could take two years or more but absolutely. Naughty dog’s games will benefit from a PC version big time if done right. Their games are linear so visual enhancements and mods would vastly improve the games. Also character models + environment mods will greatly improve incentive to replay the game multiple times. I won’t even bother to play this without a proper PC version.
Well then you will never get to play it!

It's about what Sony wants to do, not ND. Sony rely on their exclusives to sell their console, it's all about the games for Sony. MS keep saying Ecosystem because they want you to buy into all their services but Sony just has the games as their main selling point, they are not risking that for ND to make extra sales through PC. The Last of Us has become one of their golden child games, most likely TLOU2 will be just as outstanding and they want people to buy the PlayStation if you want to play it.

They don't give a shit that you want to play the best version possible on PC, and why should they? It's their game and they can do what they want. You don't like it, you don't have to buy and play it. But people whinging about it not coming to PC is just ridiculous.

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
Well then you will never get to play it!

It's about what Sony wants to do, not ND. Sony rely on their exclusives to sell their console, it's all about the games for Sony. MS keep saying Ecosystem because they want you to buy into all their services but Sony just has the games as their main selling point, they are not risking that for ND to make extra sales through PC. The Last of Us has become one of their golden child games, most likely TLOU2 will be just as outstanding and they want people to buy the PlayStation if you want to play it.

They don't give a shit that you want to play the best version possible and why should they? It's their game and they can do what they want. You don't like it, you don't have to buy and play it. But people whinging about it not coming to PC is just ridiculous.

You are 100% completely wrong. Sony *does* care about the PC and making ports. I can't wait to see the official news about their plans this year.

Ellery

Tough one. I voted no though.

It would be a big surprise to me if it was to come to PC (and I don't mean Streaming by that, but full release on PC).

I think I would actually double dip Naughty Dog games on PC. I would love to see how those games feel with Mouse and Keyboard.

Justin9mm

You are 100% completely wrong. Sony *does* care about the PC and making ports. I can't wait to see the official news about their plans this year.
Maybe under PS Now, outside of that.. No they don't!

I also can't wait to hear the news for their official plans this year when it doesn't include releases for Exclusives on PC. If anything, maybe for old Exclusives, but I don't even see that really happening.

Last edited:

I also can't wait to hear the news for their official plans this year when it doesn't include releases for Exclusives on PC. If anything, maybe for old Exclusives, but I don't even see that really happening.
Why would you want other gamers to not play a game? Are people really this insecure?! I miss the old days where people weren't this stupid...

VFXVeteran

Banned

You have no idea what you are talking about. Unless you heard from a ND developer, you shouldn't speak as if what you say is absolute.

Single-Player portion? Eventually, but not at least for a year or so I'd say.

Multi-Player portion? Yes, most likely Day 1. Cross-play PS5/PC multiplayer matches

Keep in mind ND already said they're splitting the release into a SP game and a MP game/extension.

Justin9mm

You have no idea what you are talking about. Unless you heard from a ND developer, you shouldn't speak as if what you say is absolute.
I go by logic and business 101.

Let me ask you a couple questions.. What do you believe made PlayStation a success this generation? Also, what do you think is the single most contributing factor to their successful profit margins?

You forgot the 'I know it's not coming' vote
Yet another stupid GAF thread... Jesus ppl need to get a fuckin clue.
You must be an absolute moron to think Sony is putting this on PC.
I might be a moron but at least I'm not clueless.
With all the rumors, other sony exclusives coming to the pc, recent hiring at ND etc, is it really unrealistic to make a thread that asks the question will tlou2 come to the pc?
I thought this was a place for open discussions and speculations.
And also, I find it very sad that you actually wouldn't want to see a game on multiple platforms. That's sad. Being a fanboy, I thought that died out. But apparently, it didn't.

I would be surprised if it came out in the first year, maybe later if their other PC releases prove worthy of the effort?

I still think PlayStation exclusives are important to the platform's health and future, so releasing everything on PC makes no sense (Obviously they may know something I don't)... I don't think the extra sales on PC would outweight the potential loss of consoles sales, consoles sales have many benefits, once you have a PlayStation you often end up getting more games (~12 on average) on the which they get a cut, and if they are lucky you could even get PSNow or PS+ along with it, this is just too much to outweigh for a few million more units, where they pay their dues to the PC store owners (MS, Steam, or Epic).

Obviously for my take to be complete we would need numbers about the overlapping of console/PC players (your guess is as bad as mine).
Asking for people who have DX12 or Vulkan knowledge seems pretty damning.
In some other thread it was shown that this seems to be boiler plate in their programmer job description when they open a new position.

But given Sony's recent moves in that direction anything is possible... I'd love to play it on my 21:9 screen.

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
With all the rumors, other sony exclusives coming to the pc, recent hiring at ND etc, is it really unrealistic to make a thread that asks the question will tlou2 come to the pc?
And also, I find it very sad that you actually wouldn't want to see a game on multiple platforms. That's sad. Being a fanboy, I thought that died out. But apparently, it didn't.

It's quite simple. The game would be it's best incarnation on the PC because the hardware is more powerful. It would pretty much negate any "my exclusive game looks better than everything out on any platform" arguments that are pro-Sony. PS gamers don't want that.

Last edited:

Neofire

It's quite simple. The game would be it's best incarnation on the PC because the hardware is more powerful. It would pretty much negate any "my exclusive game looks better than everything out on any platform" arguments that are pro-Sony. PS gamers don't want that.
We get it dude, you want the game on PC so you can say it is the quintessential version of the game and fulfill whatever it is sort of desire you have for it to get ported to the platform. I do not buy that "of its so more people can enjoy the game" nonsense because until this rumor started you and others weren't basically port begging for the game or HZD one bit.

We get it dude, you want the game on PC so you can say it is the quintessential version of the game and fulfill whatever it is sort of desire you have for it to get ported to the platform. I do not buy that "of its so more people can enjoy the game" nonsense because until this rumor started you and others weren't basically port begging for the game or HZD one bit.
But more people would be able to enjoy the game if it was released for the pc.
And I strongly believe it would sell really well on pc. What's wrong with wanting a game on multiple platforms?

VFXVeteran

Banned

It has nothing to do with port begging. It has to do with facts. There is no speculation on my end. Period. You don't see me mentioning GOW, Spiderman or others do you? That's because I don't know about those games.

Last edited:

Justin9mm

First off, the thread invites argument and fanboy-ism in itself. And sorry for believing this thread title is very far fetched.

I'm not a fanboy, I have a gaming PC, an X and a Pro. Where did I say or imply I don't want PC Gamers to play it? I simply said to stop complaining about it. I'm simply coming from Sony's business perspective side that Exclusives are a huge part of what keeps the competition alive. For anyone to think otherwise imo is delusional.

To me, it's very egotistical for a PC Gamer to think they should have access to everything under the sun because they believe they are superior. Yes on PC this game could be even greater. But unfortunately the world we live in does not work that way.. In a lot of industries exclusivity is what drives the success of business and increases profit margins.

If you owned a business or two(maybe you do), you should understand why Sony probably wouldn't bring Exclusives to PC.. It would have an impact on the PlayStation considerably. As I said before, PS Now is a possibility with Exclusives but as a stand alone PC release of any game like The Last of Us 2 with PlayStation, sorry I just don't see it.

And before you say MS brought their Exclusives to PC, they are a different company. Xbox is not their bread and butter like PlayStation is to Sony.

At the end of the day, this is my opinion, it is my opinion to say that i think people are morons, delusional etc. if they think this or that. That's part of discussion. Inherently as I said making a thread like this invites people like me to make those comments because again imo, I think the thread is stupid. I don't want GAF threads to be speculation and fantasies, I want it to be discussion based on factual news. I've been a long time GAF lurker before I was a member and I think think the threads have been getting worse where people literally make threads on anything to keep the forum alive.

Last edited:
First off, the thread invites argument and fanboy-ism in itself. And sorry for believing this thread title is very far fetched.

I'm not a fanboy, I have a gaming PC, an X and a Pro. Where did I say or imply I don't want PC Gamers to play it? I simply said to stop complaining about it. I'm simply coming from Sony's business perspective side that Exclusives are a huge part of what keeps the competition alive. For anyone to think otherwise imo is delusional.

To me, it's very egotistical for a PC Gamer to think they should have access to everything under the sun because they believe they are superior. Yes on PC this game could be even greater. But unfortunately the world we live in does not work that way.. In a lot of industries exclusivity is what drives the success of business and increases profit margins.

If you owned a business or two(maybe you do), you should understand why Sony probably wouldn't bring Exclusives to PC.. It would have an impact on the PlayStation considerably. As I said before, PS Now is a possibility with Exclusives but as a stand alone PC release of any game like The Last of Us 2 with PlayStation, sorry I just don't see it.

And before you say MS brought their Exclusives to PC, they are a different company. Xbox is not their bread and butter like PlayStation is to Sony.

At the end of the day, this is my opinion, it is my opinion to say that i think people are morons, delusional etc. if they think this or that. That's part of discussion. Inherently as I said making a thread like this invites people like me to make those comments because again imo, I think the thread is stupid. I don't want GAF threads to be speculation and fantasies, I want it to be discussion based on factual news. I've been a long time GAF lurker before I was a member and I think think the threads have been getting worse where people literally make threads on anything to keep the forum alive.
Exclusives used to be system sellers. Why do you think you have so many streaming platforms for music, like Spotify, Google play music, Pandora, etc? I can go to CVS, Walgreens, etc for prescriptions. Walmart, Aldi's, Publix, etc for groceries.

Once upon a time exclusives were the reason to pick a system over the other. But now, Sony and Microsoft realize, in order to maximize profits (think about from a business perspective here), it makes sense to broaden their horizon, and offer games on other platforms.

People with a decent computer, aren't going to buy a ps4 or ps5. So Sony can either make a sale, or make no sale. They aren't gonna sell hardware, but they can sell their software. Whether it be a game, online service, or even DLC. It's an opportunity to make more money than they would make otherwise.

I'm not convinced Sony just abandons the idea of exclusives entirely to make a quick buck on PC. Their consoles would lose a lot of their value if you can just play their games elsewhere. Maybe it'll come sometime later, when the game's old and has lost its relevance as an exclusive. That's basically what'd be happening with the first game, if it actually does release on PC like the rumors say.

I'm not convinced Sony just abandons the idea of exclusives entirely to make a quick buck on PC. Their consoles would lose a lot of their value if you can just play their games elsewhere. Maybe it'll come sometime later, when the game's old and has lost its relevance as an exclusive. That's basically what'd be happening with the first game, if it actually does release on PC like the rumors say.
Can you tell me how and why that would make sense? Why would something lose value if they can sell more, and show their Fidelity with better graphics, framerate, etc? A bigger player base doesn't mean the quality needs to degrade. If that happened, it would be no one's fault, but Sony and it's devs.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I can see the muliplayer coming out on PC day One, but TLOU2? I think that's going to be years down the line.

Justin9mm

Exclusives used to be system sellers. Why do you think you have so many streaming platforms for music, like Spotify, Google play music, Pandora, etc? I can go to CVS, Walgreens, etc for prescriptions. Walmart, Aldi's, Publix, etc for groceries.

Once upon a time exclusives were the reason to pick a system over the other. But now, Sony and Microsoft realize, in order to maximize profits (think about from a business perspective here), it makes sense to broaden their horizon, and offer games on other platforms.

People with a decent computer, aren't going to buy a ps4 or ps5. So Sony can either make a sale, or make no sale. They aren't gonna sell hardware, but they can sell their software. Whether it be a game, online service, or even DLC. It's an opportunity to make more money than they would make otherwise.
But people with decent computers are buying PS4's and PS5's to play the Exclusives, so many ppl that I've heard on the forum, Gamers on youtube, a few people I know including myself all have decent gaming rigs and that PlayStation to play those Exclusives. If Sony doesn't care about selling as many consoles as possible then you have a point but they do! I don't believe that the PC player base is enough to float profits and in turn sell less consoles. There are also so many PC Gamers that don't even buy games, their single player games are pirated which are what Sony's Exclusives are so they won't be getting profits from them either.

People forget PC Platform is a piraters paradise for a lot of games. Just because you may not do it, doesn't mean millions out there don't. I'd argue there are a lot of people that only game on PC because they don't want to pay for most games.

Last edited:
But people with decent computers are buying PS4's and PS5's to play the Exclusives, so many ppl that I've heard on the forum, Gamers on youtube, a few people I know including myself all have decent gaming rigs and that PlayStation to play those Exclusives. If Sony doesn't care about selling as many consoles as possible then you have a point but they do! I don't believe that the PC player base is enough to float profits and in turn sell less consoles. There are also so many PC Gamers that don't even buy games, their single player games are pirated which are what Sony's Exclusives are so they won't be getting profits from them either.

People forget PC Platform is a piraters paradise for a lot of games. Just because you may not do it, doesn't mean millions out there don't. I'd argue there are a lot of people that only game on PC because they don't want to pay for most games.
Ok so let me ask you a simple question. Would Sony make more money by doing this.... By selling to people within their Eco system? Or to their Eco system, plus PC player base? I don't own a ps4 anymore, and won't be buying the ps5 nor the series X. Why? Cause I prefer pc gaming first of all, and there are no games that I care for on consoles. But when Sony releases some of their games, I might just buy then. That would be potential sales for Sony, vs no money from me going into their pockets. It's basic economics, reach out to as many players as possible, and profit.

Justin9mm

Ok so let me ask you a simple question. Would Sony make more money by doing this.... By selling to people within their Eco system? Or to their Eco system, plus PC player base? I don't own a ps4 anymore, and won't be buying the ps5 nor the series X. Why? Cause I prefer pc gaming first of all, and there are no games that I care for on consoles. But when Sony releases some of their games, I might just buy then. That would be potential sales for Sony, vs no money from me going into their pockets. It's basic economics, reach out to as many players as possible, and profit.
I don't believe that the majority think the way you do, that's where we differ. There is more profit to be had making people buy the console to play the game. Majority of gaming enthusiasts own more than just a PC. I'm sorry but there is just not as many PC Players like you to float the business. You are one in a smaller number of people that won't buy anything. And to me, your not a proper gaming enthusiast if you don't care for games like Last of Us, God of War, Bloodborne to name a few, these are outstanding games that someone who loves video games would not usually miss. If you are a real gamer who likes to play a variety a games then you would buy the PlayStation if you can't get it elsewhere. I'm sorry but you are not the demographic they are marketing for and there is not enough of you. What's better 2000 people who just by the game. Or 1000 people that buy the console and the game. Which gives you more profit?

Top Bottom