• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you believe that The Last of Us 2 is coming to the PC?

tlou 2 coming to the PC

• I think it's true, it's COMING

Votes: 53 29.1%
  • I think it's not coming

Votes: 80 44.0%
  • I don't care, I play only on consoles

Votes: 20 11.0%
  • I don't care

Votes: 29 15.9%

• Total voters
So, before we go into the specifics, I'd like to thank JareBear: Remastered JareBear: Remastered for making me a gold member. I now feel like a made man.
Now the thread.

https://www.pcgamer.com/the-last-of-us-part-2-pc-release-date/

Do you believe that TLOU 2 is coming to the pc? It's possible, and Naughty Dawg recently had a job posting that seems to point in favour to this rumor.

P2D1QZw.png

Sony also hasn't denied this. But then again, they also haven't said it's true either.
With all these rumors of more and more ps4 exclusives coming to the PC, it's starting to look like tlou 2 pc might become a reality.
So, do you think it's gonna happen?
I personally think it is, but about 6 months or a year after it's launch on console(s).

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
So, before we go into the specifics, I'd like to thank JareBear: Remastered JareBear: Remastered for making me a gold member. I now feel like a made man.
Now the thread.

https://www.pcgamer.com/the-last-of-us-part-2-pc-release-date/

Do you believe that TLOU 2 is coming to the pc? It's possible, and Naughty Dawg recently had a job posting that seems to point in favour to this rumor.

P2D1QZw.png

Sony also hasn't denied this. But then again, they also haven't said it's true either.
With all these rumors of more and more ps4 exclusives coming to the PC, it's starting to look like tlou 2 pc might become a reality.
So, do you think it's gonna happen?
I personally think it is, but about 6 months or a year after it's launch on console(s).

There's nothing to believe. That's a really ignorant article based on wishful thinking and an equally ignorant interpretation of how career opportunity ads work.

Those mentions of Nvidia and such are simply examples of the level of experience the candidate needs, because someone with considerable experience on NVIDIA CUDA or any equivalent can easily work on the PS4 and PS5's custom architectures.

They're not specific requirements related to the ability to work on a certain brand of video cards.

Similar (actually even more explicit) mentions of PC were included in ads for Uncharted 4 a long time ago.

I thought this was absolutely elementary, but apparently it isn't for these folks.

Last edited:

Mato

No, not really. TLOU2 is currently their biggest upcoming exclusive, I just can't see Sony diving so deep, so soon.

Last edited:
Not that I would care either way, but I really doubt Sony is going to put their #1 hyped game on PC. That shit is gonna sell a lot of PS4s by being exclusive (and that is perhaps the whole point).
I didn't mean right away. I'm pretty sure that won't happen. But eventually, sales have to dwindle down, about a year from it's release on the ps4. That is what I see as a realistic launch for tlou 2 on the pc.

Fbh

My guess would be the separate multiplayer they were talking about will release on PC. Bigger player base and more people to buy microtransactions.

As for TLOU2, maybe at some point. Though I'd imagine it would be years after the Ps4 launch and they'd absolutely need to launch TLOU1 first

What's the main difference between TLOU 1/2 and HZD and Death Strandin g, in terms of why would the two latter games get PC ports and the first two have zero chance

is there really zero chance TLOU isn't ported to PC eventually ?

Death Stranding is made by a third party dev, just like Journey, all Quantic Dreams games, etc.

So a month ago I would have told you zero chance. But if the Horizon port gets confirmed that changes things since that one isn't just published by Sony but actually developed by one of their first party studios. So I'd say nothing is completely off the table now

Last edited:
What's the main difference between TLOU 1/2 and HZD and Death Strandin g, in terms of why would the two latter games get PC ports and the first two have zero chance

is there really zero chance TLOU isn't ported to PC eventually ?
Well for one, Death Stranding isn't actually being published on PC by them, Kojima's just being allowed to do what he wants with his game. AND that was announced when the deal with Sony was, so there's that overlooked nugget.

Gargus

Banned
If it does it wont be for quite awhile after it comes to playstation.

Doesn't matter, I want to play it on playstation. I only play stuff on my pc that can't be played anywhere else. For a game like the last of us I'd much rather sit back in my recliner and play on my TV, earn trophies, and be able to have the physical copy of my game that I can do anything I want with.

Pallas

Gold Member
If the rumors about HZD being ported is true then probably, eventually you’ll see it abd more than likely the first one on PC in the foreseeable future.

regardless, I’ll be playing it on console.

TacosNSalsa

I think so ..probably like 3 years after release when it's like selling copies in the single digits in a month ..

Last edited:

Stuart360

Yes but i dont think it will launch at the same time, maybe a year later with dlc and maybe the first game added in. I think Sony realize how much they are missing out on with the PC market, and are going to slowly implement a PC and console strategy. I expect it to be slow at first but by the time the last year or two of next gen is here, i expect PS5 games to launch on PC day and date.

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
It’s coming. They’re all coming whether we like it or not. Too much is lost not porting games to PC. Studios want to maximize their profits and this is how you do it. Put it in as many hands as possible as long as it’s not direct competition. Nintendo’s the only company I don’t ever seeing this due to their old school mentality, and their exclusives consistently sell more than Sony or Microsoft can dream of.

Last edited:
It’s coming. They’re all coming whether we like it or not. Too much is lost not porting games to PC. Studios want to maximize their profits and this is how you do it. Put it in as many hands as possible as long as it’s not direct competition. Nintendo’s the only company I don’t ever seeing this due to their old school mentality, and their exclusives consistently sell more than Sony or Microsoft can dream of.
This dude gets it.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
That job listing says nothing, since they say that you need to understand concept of "graphical programming" and those methods are to certain degree interchangeable. So this does not saying anything about PC release.

chinoXL

highly doubt their huge titles will go to PC, could be wrong. its all good either way, i'm always gonna have a playstation and a beast PC

DonF

I believe that most PS exclusives will release on PC, but with a time exclusivity on ps4.

Most great ps4 exclusives drop in price fast. Like god of war was $30 in like 6 month on the ps store, and $20 in a year, at that point, most people that really wanted to get the game already paid the maximum they would've paid, so at that point, sony should go for the pc money. If the game is great, and has good user and critics reviews, PC player will go for it like crazy. The game will be more mature, have tons of content and updates.

I think its leaving money on the table NOT releasing exclusives on pc after a year of console exclusivity.

MiguelItUp

No idea but I hope so, just to see certain people here loose their shit.
This made me laugh cause it was basically going to be my response. I honestly don't think it will, but I would love for it to just to see people flip their lid. The idea of bringing your beloved IPs to other platforms is NOT a bad thing, I mean, it's giving them more attention and credit. I'll never understand the rage that comes with this. It's so odd to me.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I see Sony experimenting with occasional PC releases a few years after the games release in the PlayStation Ecosystem, but I don’t see it becoming a Microsoft situation where day-and-date their “exclusives” (I use that term very loosely with Microsoft) typically release on the same day on PC. A ton of revenue is made from their “walled-garden” approach to software exclusivity — its a model that’s worked for them for years and years and years and there’d be little reason to change a very successful business formula. And sorry, but Microsoft’s approach so far hasn’t exactly created great exclusives or frothing demand for their platform — they’ve essentially given up on the very approach that has made Sony the household name in the gaming world.

Let’s remember that Sony makes money when you buy Call Of Duty on a PlayStation platform, and they make exactly zero money when you buy it on PC for example. Diversified revenue streams are important, as long as they don’t conflict with each other. So they want to encourage people to own their systems, use their network, pay for their multiplayer privileges, etc.

Anyway, in short, no I don’t think it’s going to happen like most PC gamers hope it will.

Top Bottom