• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Couch PC Gamers - How do you do it?

Celcius

°Temp. member
I have a lift top coffee table, something like this:
81BxMDdw2NL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_FMwebp_.jpg
Wow, I’ve never seen anything like this before

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
I stream from my PC to my laptop via steam. Then I plug my laptop up to my tv via HDMI

Last edited:

Jaybe

This used to be my setup last year.
PC was in the lower left, connected by HDMI. Had a wireless keyboard with track pad and a controller that had a Bluetooth adapter. Mostly gamed with the controller. Had to move the computer back to my den though, and the XSX is now a pS5.

kYJSJIG.jpg

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

For a long time (but not anymore) I was exclusively couch PC

Had this for any setup but this thing I used maybe once every 6 months, if even that

s-l960.jpg

Windows would immediately prioritize booting Steam (a small setup to do right) and go into big screen. I would not even catch a glimpse of the desktop after the login.

Had an Xbox controller AND a Steam controller for anything that would use more a mouse. I played cRPGs that didn't support Xbox controllers on Steam controller. Torment Tides Of numenara & Pillars of Eternity comes to mind.

Also bought a small app which I wouldn't recall the name that made the controller act as a mouse everywhere even outside of games and on the desktop if I wanted to.

Celcius

°Temp. member
This used to be my setup last year.
PC was in the lower left, connected by HDMI. Had a wireless keyboard with track pad and a controller that had a Bluetooth adapter. Mostly gamed with the controller. Had to move the computer back to my den though, and the XSX is now a pS5.

kYJSJIG.jpg
I like that horizontal PC case

Buggy Loop

3.59L case! Jesus christ

I'm already "SFF" with the Meshilicious but nowhere in those leagues, I favored low temps and high performance of course. But I'm really interested in maybe starting a 2nd setup with that crazy small 4060 just for a console sized PC plugged on TV like I did years ago.

Top Bottom