• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you believe that The Last of Us 2 is coming to the PC?

tlou 2 coming to the PC

• I think it's true, it's COMING

Votes: 53 29.1%
  • I think it's not coming

Votes: 80 44.0%
  • I don't care, I play only on consoles

Votes: 20 11.0%
  • I don't care

Votes: 29 15.9%

• Total voters
A lot of dreams, delusions and wishful thinking in here. Please try to remember that the wishes of PC players is not the same thing as reality.

But what do I know šŸ˜ - I'd be willing to bet money that it won't appear on PC though.

sunnysideup

Banned
It's quite simple. The game would be it's best incarnation on the PC because the hardware is more powerful. It would pretty much negate any "my exclusive game looks better than everything out on any platform" arguments that are pro-Sony. PS gamers don't want that.

I understand its frustrating to have invested so much emotion in hardware.. when the best and most advanced looking games are on an 250 dollar console.

I will uprgrade my pc if it happens. Because i only want the best graphics.

S0ULZB0URNE

Ok so let me ask you a simple question. Would Sony make more money by doing this.... By selling to people within their Eco system? Or to their Eco system, plus PC player base? I don't own a ps4 anymore, and won't be buying the ps5 nor the series X. Why? Cause I prefer pc gaming first of all, and there are no games that I care for on consoles. But when Sony releases some of their games, I might just buy then. That would be potential sales for Sony, vs no money from me going into their pockets. It's basic economics, reach out to as many players as possible, and profit.
I don't think they would.
They make money on hardware sales as well and this would cut into the sales significantly. Look at how bad Xbox sales have been since MS put exclusives on the PC.

PS having quality exclusives is one of the reasons PS is the game industry leader.

Stuart360

I don't think they would.
They make money on hardware sales as well and this would cut into the sales significantly. Look at how bad Xbox sales have been since MS put exclusives on the PC.

PS having quality exclusives is one of the reasons PS is the game industry leader.
XB1 was trailing well behind PS4 long before they started putting exclusives on PC. And i doubt very much if Sony will be making much (if any) profit on PS5, assuming its in the $400 range.
They would be making a ton of money from game sales and licenses on PC though.

sunnysideup

Banned
No one is buying an xbox. because every fucking game is on pc.

Ms is paying out of its nose to get third party games on gamepass. Sony gets a 30% cut on every 3rd party game sold on playstation.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
I think it will come, just a year or more after it releases on PS5 (yes, the remaster :p).

kevin_trinh

I don't know about Xbox but in PS4 case, they make the most money from the 30% share of 3rd pt software, not their 1st pt game nor hardware sale. So in order to maximize their profit, Sony need to sell as much hardware as possible.

Every exclusive game release to another platform is a potential loss for their hardware sale, i don't think the sale on the 1st pt game can make up for it, especially with the 11/1 attach rate. For example in the ideal condition, 1 first pt game sale = 60$, compare to 10*18$ = 180$. Sony need to sell at least 3 time to match for 1 loss console sale

Soadi

Is the first one on PC? Why would they put the second one then? Job listing means nothing as they always ask for those requirements.

skneogaf

Release it on pc and the people who only play on pc may buy it. I don't mind if it's the same as gta and red dead redemption 2 so one year later.

MilkyJoe

There's no point in owning a PlayStation, now all the exclusives are coming to PC...

giphy.gif

farmerboy

I don't care because I'll play on ps4/5 anyway, but if it does, in my opinion;

- it won't be day and date
- it'll be a straight port, no enhancements.

Can you tell me how and why that would make sense? Why would something lose value if they can sell more, and show their Fidelity with better graphics, framerate, etc? A bigger player base doesn't mean the quality needs to degrade. If that happened, it would be no one's fault, but Sony and it's devs.
I'm not sure what you're talking about to be honest. It only makes sense that Sony wants to sell as many PlayStations as possible. They'll be able to make a profit off the hardware sales, as well as first and third party game sales and off of services like PS+. They want as many customers as possible spending money in their eco-system. That's what exclusives encourage. I know I wouldn't own a Switch if I could just get Nintendo's games on PC.

Clarissa

Banned
My friend who is a Nintendo fanboy who hates Sony told me that all Playstation exclusives will come to the PC and he is going to pirate all of them so that Sony won't get a single cent. He encourages everyone to do so.

He says that Kenichiro Yoshida and Kaz Hirai won't be able to afford to eat sushi anymore. They'd have to crawl all the way to Korea to beg for scraps of Kimchi.

Last edited:
I don't believe that the majority think the way you do, that's where we differ. There is more profit to be had making people buy the console to play the game. Majority of gaming enthusiasts own more than just a PC. I'm sorry but there is just not as many PC Players like you to float the business. You are one in a smaller number of people that won't buy anything. And to me, your not a proper gaming enthusiast if you don't care for games like Last of Us, God of War, Bloodborne to name a few, these are outstanding games that someone who loves video games would not usually miss. If you are a real gamer who likes to play a variety a games then you would buy the PlayStation if you can't get it elsewhere. I'm sorry but you are not the demographic they are marketing for and there is not enough of you. What's better 2000 people who just by the game. Or 1000 people that buy the console and the game. Which gives you more profit?
Sony and Microsoft always sell consoles at a loss for the first few years, till they shrink die size and when hardware is more mature. It's the software that makes them profitable. Software AND services. Just look up every console released in the past 20 years, and their BOM costs at release. Is really not rocket science.

This discussion isn't about my opinion on what games I like, but if Sony will be selling their games on pc. The answer is yes, as the ps5 will be sold at a loss for the first few years. And they can recuperate the money back by selling software, and services.

I honestly only care for bloodborne. Everything else can be played at a friend's spot, beaten in a day or two. If From Soft gives us that, I'll be content.

Neofire

It has nothing to do with port begging. It has to do with facts. There is no speculation on my end. Period. You don't see me mentioning GOW, Spiderman or others do you? That's because I don't know about those games.
There is no way you can prove definitively that you don't secretly a fetish for Playstation exclusives on the pc especially when I see your responses when someone post the contrary, so I digress. Until Sony officially announces the port its all speculation, you are trying to redefine what the definition of fact is, yes the game can come to come to pc noone is disputing that. The reason I quoted you is because you are beginning to sound like a broken record as if you are trying to convince yourself on top of everyone else when you don't need to.

If the gane comes to pc so be it nothing any of us can do but no need to beat a dead horse.

A.Romero

I'll probably have at least one current console but I prefer to play on PC whenever possible (multiplats).

That said, I think we will see more PS exclusives coming to PC. They might come a year or two after the console release, though.

I don't think it matters. Each device offers a different experience and I think it's better for everyone for games to be released on pc.

Top Bottom