• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dino Crisis game supposedly started and cancelled, Code Veronica remake is not in production right now

Arachnid

Joke post, Kojima’s storytelling is as subtle as a pillowcase full of hammers hurled directly at your scrotum
I've noticed (Quiet, Fragile, Bridges, etc...), but abstract doesn't mean subtle. I'm hoping collaborators like Ito could help out when it comes to the SH symbolism and meaningful design. Let Kojima provide the emotional core and surrealism.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I've noticed (Quiet, Fragile, Bridges, etc...), but abstract doesn't mean subtle. I'm hoping collaborators like Ito could help out when it comes to the SH symbolism and meaningful design. Let Kojima provide the emotional core and surrealism.
I do agree Kojima like make interesting and weird stories and in my opinion you need weird stories in horror games. I believe the first Evil Within’s story was more interesting than the sequel for that very reason, I felt with the sequel they try too hard to ground the story and make it more relatable.

I know Kojima is a huge movie fan but I really, really hope he doesn’t pull Death Stranding with Silent Hill. I don’t want celebrities as characters in my games. Especially in SH series because the core stories of that series is about the characters and their issues.

Last edited:

Arachnid

I do agree Kojima like make interesting and weird stories and in my opinion you need weird stories in horror games. I believe the first Evil Within’s story was more interesting than the sequel for that very reason, I felt with the sequel they try too hard to ground the story and make it more relatable.

I know Kojima is a huge movie but I really, really hope he doesn’t pull Death Stranding with Silent Hill. I don’t want celebrities as characters in my games. Especially in SH series because the core stories of that series is about the characters and their issues.
Agreed on Evil Within. I did enjoy the second, but the story and villains didn't hold a candle to the first game. I prefer it from a gameplay perspective, but it wasn't very memorable narratively.

The famous actor/actress thing is a legit worry of mine. Most of the time, it just takes me out of the moment. I never once saw anyone but Daryl Dixon during my DS playthrough, and I never heard anyone but Jack Bauer during my MGSV playthrough. Choose someone small and make a name for them. It's better for immersion and the extra budget is better spent on the gameplay.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Wasn't this the guy that was wrong about RE3 Remake or was that someone else? I think he got the release year wrong and said it wouldn't be like RE2 Remake then it got revealed and was just like RE2.
I think he was the one who said that:

A RE3make was getting made (it was), it would come much sooner than we'd expect (it did) and was not getting made by the team which made RE2make (isn't this also true?)

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Code Veronica NEEDS a remake though. Game is the definition of bad game design. We've had many topics discussing this.

Dino Crisis is just a meme at this point as much as I love the second one.

I think he was the one who said that:

A RE3make was getting made (it was), it would come much sooner than we'd expect (it did) and was not getting made by the team which made RE2make (isn't this also true?)
Shortly before RE3 Remake got revealed I remember a leaker coming out and saying it wouldn't release in 2020 and it wouldn't be what your all expected. Then the trailer dropped and it was 2020 and was exactly what people expected it to be. Can't remember if it was this dude or not.

Nickolaidas

Shortly before RE3 Remake got revealed I remember a leaker coming out and saying it wouldn't release in 2020 and it wouldn't be what your all expected. Then the trailer dropped and it was 2020 and was exactly what people expected it to be. Can't remember if it was this dude or not.
I think that was some other asshole, not Dusk. Someone who had Resident Evil logo as an avatar on his twitter.

Good.

Code Veronica is one of the worst (if not THE worst) mainline RE game, and Dino Crisis is overrated AF.

Considering how good both Revelations 2 and RE7 were, I'm ready for more original RE goodness. Capcom should not rely too much on nostalgia and revisiting old classics.
Wait, what? It's almost like you got your sentences mixed up. Revelations 2 is one the worst in the series and RE7 is overrated as fuck.

Come on now. Those games are garbage.

Last edited:
Are ya'll really talking shiz about Dusk? He's a good dude, super fan of the Dino Crisis series and has written some awesome threads.

giphy.gif
He's a bullshit wannabe insider, like so many other gamers with a fervent desire to be relevant. Fuck him.

It would be one thing if it was just one post he edited, but it appears to be all his replies in that topic (though I only looked at the first page of replies). Talk about self promotion. Jeesh.
He actually edited every one of his posts available in his post history :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Last edited:

Doom85

Nah.

I'll go even further...

Ahem....

I enjoyed Revelations 2 more than RE4.

And I'm totally serious.

I won't rank it above 4, but I will agree that Revelations 2 is excellent. Great story/use of the characters, and the partner mechanic was fun solo and even better in co-op. I wish I could platinum it but damn Invisible mode is a tough bitch. I did manage to get all the medals for the first 3 chapters, might try to get all of them for Chapter 4 someday.

JimmyJones

Banned
I'm fine without remakes for a bit. Honestly, I want 3 different versions of NEW RE games now.

Action RE games: like RE 5 and RE6.
FPS RE games: like RE7
TPS survival horror: like RE2 and RE3 remake

2 and 3 remakes are action. Survival horror no longer exists.

Code veronica is dope. I'm replaying it right now. And a remake would be killer. I'm sure there would be some sort of dork ass outrage over the trans themes in the story. Can't wait. It seems like with this engine they are cutting a lot of needless work out and are pumping these out quick with good results, would be a shame if they didn't keep it going.

Last edited:
Did people really think we would see a Code: Veronica remake so soon with Resident Evil 3 Remake still a couple months away from release? How many remakes are enough before we get a new entry? If I were to guess, we would see Resident Evil 8 and maybe even Revelations 3 before then.

Last edited:
Top Bottom