• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom should make a new Dino Crisis game with RE4 remake gameplay

VulcanRaven

I'm suprised they haven't made a new Dino Crisis game or remade the first one. Jurassic World movies have been very successful so I feel like it could sell really well and there should be be more dinosaur horror games in general. It would be so good with RE4 remake style of gameplay. Dino Crisis 2 is one of my favorite PS1 games so I would be ok with more action approach too.

Great fanmade concept trailer:

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Trailer made the game seem like Alien Isolation but with dinossaurs. That wouldn't fit RE4 remake gameplay at all with my opinion.

Still Capcom should definetely grab Dino Crisis and do a remake at some point.

Last edited:

Gambit2483

Hell yes! I still can't believe they'd rather make some shit like Exoprimal instead of a beloved classic that's primed for a remake

Reactions: Isa

Apocryphon

I don’t hate the idea and I am behind having the dodge mechanic from the RE3 remake, but I don’t know if I’d actually want it to play like the 3rd person RE games. I’d kill for a full on fixed camera remake like they did with the original REmake. Include the dodge and make it very completely photorealistic.

Comandr

I think a new Dino Crisis remake makes perfect sense. Dino Crisis was originally introduced as a more high octane survival horror with enemies that actively hunted you. Aggressively chased you. Proved that moving out of the area didn’t matter.

With RE2/3/4R - sure the games are more action centric to an extent, but none of the enemies really aggressively hunt you. With the exception of Mr. X. But even then he just sort of plods after you.

I think a new game that featured smart, fierce, fast and deadly dinosaurs could be great.

Limited ammo. Dangerous, resilient enemies, and the close quarters of a facility could be a great backdrop to a new high octane horror game.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
id rather have a new .....

demons-crest-snes-wide.png

Diddy X

Ofcourse they should and it'd make sense but it's just a matter of wait and see if they finally make it, I guess it would sell fine.

GymWolf

No, let the game being a proper survival horror with few ammo and no roundhouse kicks.

We have re5 remake for that.

Leaving that aside, i would personally prefer a remake for onimusha 2 first.

VulcanRaven

I'd be surprised if they are not considering it. Dino Crisis and RE5 remakes are next probably! :messenger_rocket:
Not sure if Resident Evil 5 needs a remake. It still looks great.

I think a new Dino Crisis remake makes perfect sense. Dino Crisis was originally introduced as a more high octane survival horror with enemies that actively hunted you. Aggressively chased you. Proved that moving out of the area didn’t matter.

With RE2/3/4R - sure the games are more action centric to an extent, but none of the enemies really aggressively hunt you. With the exception of Mr. X. But even then he just sort of plods after you.

I think a new game that featured smart, fierce, fast and deadly dinosaurs could be great.

Limited ammo. Dangerous, resilient enemies, and the close quarters of a facility could be a great backdrop to a new high octane horror game.
They could also make it like Dino Crisis 2. That game was mostly action and not horror. You had plenty of ammo most of the time if I remember right.

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
That ending was great. Is the third game connected to the previous games in any way storywise? I never played it. It was odd decision to make it an Xbox exclusive.
No it's set like 500 years in the future and the dinosaurs are technically humans with dinosaur DNA.

Isa

God I freakin' love the Dino Crisis games. Its funny how different the first two are from each other gameplay wise, but they are both great. And for all my Dad's preference for realistic things(very grounded guy, Navy-Doctor-later Rehabilitation Center) I have fond memories of him sitting and reading in his rare times off but watching my sister and I play through the second game completely and being impressed by the cg and even story. It was a weird one but neat. Gameplay wise the second was just a blast from start to finish. I would love for them to at least rerelease the games for the modern consoles, along with the other Onimusha games(apart from the first I never played the other games sadly) and I want Capcom to revisit the Breath of Fire series as well.

Its a shame so much of gaming's great past is trapped leaving people little option in how to experience these titles save for less legal methods.

No, let the game being a proper survival horror with few ammo and no roundhouse kicks.

We have re5 remake for that.

Leaving that aside, i would personally prefer a remake for onimusha 2 first.
Damn you gymwolf I was just about come in say that!

But to elaborate I think dinosaurs will make great survival horror enemies and poor action game enemies.

To make them good action game enemies you have would change how the behave and they would no longer feel authentic.

In a survival horror game you could make them feel authentic and threatening. The challenge would of course come from the resource management.

RE2 remake would be a far better base to be build off.

VulcanRaven

God I freakin' love the Dino Crisis games. Its funny how different the first two are from each other gameplay wise, but they are both great. And for all my Dad's preference for realistic things(very grounded guy, Navy-Doctor-later Rehabilitation Center) I have fond memories of him sitting and reading in his rare times off but watching my sister and I play through the second game completely and being impressed by the cg and even story. It was a weird one but neat. Gameplay wise the second was just a blast from start to finish. I would love for them to at least rerelease the games for the modern consoles, along with the other Onimusha games(apart from the first I never played the other games sadly) and I want Capcom to revisit the Breath of Fire series as well.

Its a shame so much of gaming's great past is trapped leaving people little option in how to experience these titles save for less legal methods.
I wish they would just put them on PS4/5. Regina appeared in one PS Store ad about PS1 games but nothing happened. Remasters would be great too if they have the original art in high quality for the pre-rendered backrounds of the second game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa
Top Bottom