• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Somebody needs to give me the scientific explanation on why we don't have Dinoi Crisis Remake

Lunarorbit

I never played it for some reason which has always been a regret. I was there but missed out.

I'd be all in on a remake. I love the REs the last few years. Finally have coworkers who game and ones really into Ark. Horizons dope.

ZoukGalaxy

Scientific explanation ? Sure, here you go:
X Files The Truth Is Out There GIF by The X-Files

The X Files Remix GIF

Svejk

Been talking to my son about this lately, and we think that making a now standard over the shoulder shooter, a la RE4, just wouldn't work and would be too slow. What I mean by that, raptors and such would be more life like and move with much greater speed and just would be a chore with that established play style..

I bet they've toyed with it, but would have to change the playstyle. Either first person or a top down shooter to handle fast, multiple dinos. Just the theory of the week. :p

LRKD

There is literally no reason for it not to have been remade other than incompetence, and greed. The shareholders probably only care about them printing more Resident Evil money, or live service BS, don't want to see teams actually work on 'fun games' even if they'd sell. The just want games that make the most money possible. Like Dino Crisis would sell, but it's not a well-known milkable franchise, and it's not a live service so they don't care.

It was my most wanted game for years, but at this point I don't even want to see a new dino crisis. Two major reasons, one I don't trust em not to egregiously change things anymore. And two I think the original dino crisis is still incredibly fun to replay, it doesn't even need a remaster! I love revisiting it on the Dreamcast every couple of years. at most all it needs is to be thrown on modern stores as is. Really, it's best kept how it was it keeps it from being changed for the worse, and being a 'tank control' style game works incredibly well at gatekeeping retards. If it was ever going to be remade, I think it should've been remade on the GameCube 20 years ago alongside the RE1 remake. I think now it's too late, a remake now wouldn't' be able to surpass the original. At it's best it'd just another bland 3rd person ots remake for modern audiences like RE2 and 3. For now I'm just looking at various dino indie titles, like Compound Fracture is looking really promising. And the Turok 3 rerelease is happening soon, which is great a game that actually needed a rerelease for once, being freed from the running like trash exclusively on the n64.

Like I think that's the biggest thing that bothers me lately with remasters/remakes is they always seem to happen to games that were already really good and didn't need it, like Ratchet and Clank, Resievil games, GTA trilogy, and Dead Space, all incredibly good games that NEVER needed to be touched, like literally just port them how they originally were, but available to buy on moder hardware. Instead, they remake them, doing weird stylistic changes that make them look worse, or cutting content because apparently now it's too hard to do what they did 10-20 years ago, or changing things for 'modern audiences'... I want to see games like Golden Axe Beast Rider, Turok 3/evolution, Sonic 06, Drakengard 3, Kotor 2, or a hundred other games that suffered from performance issues or were never fully finished but could actually benefit from being revisited.

Gojiira

Because it only had one good entry.
I do think they should Remake the first and then go from there with new sequels to the original.
Wrong, both DC1 and 2 were fantastic, and both were somewhat revolutionary for Capcom too.

OP,If they ever remake them, they better keep in Dinos opening doors, following your blood trails etc, then when they remake 2 make that jungle fucking huge and give Edward city more than a 5 min pass through, show us how bleak the situation really is.

Griffon

Great mechanics wrapped a mediocre game, 2 got it better because it was a straight up action game but oddly enough the direction Resident Evil went with 4 wouldve suited Dino crisis better and made it a GREAT series considering they stole so much from DC2 to make RE4.

Dude... You made me realize how a Dino game with RE4R gameplay would be so fucking awesome.

Puscifer

Dude... You made me realize how a Dino game with RE4R gameplay would be so fucking awesome.
I've been saying it for years on and off neogaf, the direction the series went in would've been WAY better DC than RE. And I'm not even joking when I say they took many gameplay ideas straight from DC2 to make RE4 the game it was.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I do think they should Remake the first and then go from there with new sequels to the original.
But the good entry was the second one.
A fun-as-hell arcade romp that I remember completing in one sitting. Way more fun than the RE clone with its code puzzles that actually required you to pick up pen and paper and spend more than the usual minute RE puzzles required. Good atmosphere, boring game.

The “scientific” reason is that nobody wants feathered dinos, but at the same time everyone would complain if they were your usual naked lizards because everyone is a nerd now.

The realistic reason is that they don’t see profit in it.

The social reason is that Regina would have to be black as every redhead in every remake (good job Disney) and we all know this would greatly diminish her hentai art appeal in Japan (joking, but I wouldn’t be surprised).

Shut0wen

Why would a publisher have 2 series which are basically the same thing except one with zombies and the other dinosaurs, basically cannibalising your own market, BUT i think capcom could actually pull it off if the game was exactly like the first 2 games with a fixed camera

baphomet

Because the Xbox exclusivity for Dino Crisis 3 it came out and not only bombed sales-wise but critically (it got mostly 3+4/10's) it cemented it as being a game Capcom will never make again.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I don't think you have taken the time to understand Capcom.

Monster Hunter was Dino Crisis the whole time.

Not exaggeration. Talking to a guy super fan of RE classics(RE1 and RE3 being my favorites). When I played I was super dissapointed with unnecessary complex for no reason puzzles and weird and somewhat annoying mechanics, like bleeding, which is supposed to be equivalent to poison, and quick time events. The story itself also is some uninteresting weird shit. Can't say about the sequels though.
Dino crisis is what Re1 would have been if mikami actually ended up writing the story, like he wanted to.

BbMajor7th

The Shenmue Theory of Hype Inflation: People are way more into the idea of remakes/late sequels than the reality of them.

Also known as The Last Guardian Purchase Intent Paradox and the Megaton Dilation Principle.

The true billion dollar franchises are the ones that no-one was asking for: Minecraft, Fortnite, Genshin Impact, etc...

Last edited:

NeonDelta

Because they’ve been using the RE engine. Now they’re moving to the REX engine they can use it to make dinosaurs

I thought 2 was ok. It had some mechanical improvements over the first if I remember correctly, but it def. wasn't the RE2 of the Dino Crisis franchise like it should have been. Shame too, I'd LOVE remake of the original at least. I really think it'd do very well.

Last edited:
Money, time, and expertise.

It would take a huge budget to develop one to modern standards. It would take 3-4 years. And it’s been so long since Capcom’s made an entry in the series, there’d be issues with lack of experience of the team working on the game.

Capcom devotes resources to games that they think will sell multiple millions. I think a remake of the first two would be the better route to go first, and then see what happens from there.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I thought 2 was ok. It had some mechanical improvements over the first if I remember correctly, but it def. wasn't the RE2 of the Dino Crisis franchise like it should have been. Shame too, I'd LOVE remake of the original at least. I really think it'd do very well.
Yeah I think people missed interpretated my post, I enjoyed Dino Crisis 2 but it wasn't as good as the original

KiteGr

If you think Resident Evil went crazy on their 6th game, there was no course correcting for Dino Crisis from it's 1rst...

The games capitalized on the popularity of the raptor scene from Jurasic Park, and we hadn't have a good movie in years.

Top Bottom