• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom should make a new Dino Crisis game with RE4 remake gameplay

Drizzlehell

Banned
Oh god, not another Unreal engine fan remake for clicks.

However, having said that:
no-shit-total-recall.gif

Maybe one day, but something tells me that some executives at Capcom are really allergic to this series for some reason. Fans were asking about it for so many years now, and yet not only are they determined to remake every Resident Evil game instead, proving that it's not really that big of a deal to just remake a classic game and you don't need some revolutionary idea to revive the series, but they also release a different dinosaur game that's specifically NOT Dino Crisis.

Like, come on, Capcom. What the hell is your problem?

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Capcom still owns the IP right? There isnt some weird licensing issue or Mikami (since he created it) gumming up the works is there?

It really is baffling that it hasn't gotten a proper reboot with the Reach For The Stars Engine.

oji-san

Banned
It will happen one day... they will run out of REs to remake and perhaps then i hope. I only played the second DC but remember i played it 12 hours straight, with bathroom and food breaks, was hooked tight.

Apocryphon

Yes but with RE3make gameplay. Gotta have that little juke/dodge mechanic.
This.

Less RE4 and more RE3. The RE3 dodge would be perfect and I was surprised they didn’t include it in 4 tbh.

Remake from the ground up complete with expanded and new areas and a tropical weather system. Give me the heavy rain from Jurassic Park with a focus on stealth, puzzles, and amazing sound design.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
I'd take a remaster rather than a remake. I'm not really into how we're getting these celebrity-like character models in remakes. These games were interesting because they had to create original characters which didn't really resemble anything existing. I've been waiting for a Dino Crisis remake for years and hope that does happen.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I'd take a remaster rather than a remake. I'm not really into how we're getting these celebrity-like character models in remakes. These games were interesting because they had to create original characters which didn't really resemble anything existing. I've been waiting for a Dino Crisis remake for years and hope that does happen.
You sure do make sense.

But anyway, I mean...Dino Crisis remake with RE4 remake gameplay? I mean...yes. Just yes. Capcom take my fucking money you silly twats.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Ideal DC for me…. Place in a whole compound that several semi open areas but also linear sections in between. Gameplay kinda similar to Last of Us. Enemies mostly humans, Dinosaurs much less, emphasis more on avoiding them. Focus on exploration and stealth.

There you go 10/10 game.

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
My hope is that with all the dinosaur models they just created for that other game will be put to good use

Top Bottom