• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Digitial Foundry] Resident Evil Village Demo - Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5, Ray Tracing Analysis + More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

assurdum

Banned
Says the guy that came into the thread trying to look for anything that might scratch out a win lol.

You put in some serious work in the VG tech thread yesterday. Commendable effort. All that for free!! "bu but, the diagonal axis" lol
So diagonal axis shouldn't be reported. And I serious worked to scratch a win? Lol 🤣 Finally you showed your true face; don't remind a single time who I have talked of a ps5 win .

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
- framerate with RT is unlocked, targeting 60 fps
- both XXSX and PS5 manage to hit 60 FPS with RT most of the time
- at best Series X delivers 10% more performance during stress-test scenes.

Xbox win.

zVFC91f.jpg
DF made a typo. It's not 10%. It's up to 20%.

NickFire

DF must have a lot of time on their hands if they are comparing demos haha - enjoy the win greenies!
Hopefully by mid-Fall they will be too tied up with released games to focus anytime on demos. But at this juncture I can't blame them cause there aren't many multi-plats dropping that people care about.

assurdum

Banned
Oh Riky, stop giving me that laughing emoji. If you I said something wrong then reply and give me your argument.
What argument? It's a practically an Xbox PR, can you point me out a single argument who wasn't relative to praise something about his favourite toys? He hasn't argument.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I heard there was supposed to be some kind of "parity" between the two.. so even if one console was able to run it better, they wouldn't let it?

This game is about as close to parity you can get.

Leyasu

Banned
So diagonal axis shouldn't be reported. And I serious worked to scratch a win? Lol 🤣 Finally you showed your true face

The aiming thing should be talked about. Just seeing one of the frontline sony soldiers jumping up and down about it trivialises it because everyone knows that you are just trying to justify a "win".

Anyway, I am not going to keep this going. You need to save your energy for the battle ahead in this thread.

Last edited:
Quite surprised that XSX is the slightly better version. Just had a hunch, with it being Capcom and all, that it would have been the opposite for the PS5. Definitely getting the sense that devs are getting a better handle on the new Xbox consoles.

I think the XSS is doing just fine for what it is.

Kangx

Interesting that the grass scene runs so well on Series X there, after all the transparency fud.
Interesting that you guys run away with misinformation again. Richard said the scene did not line up. If the performance is that large. He would have put that in the article because he tested it.

Mr Moose

So why runs flawless on ps5 too with raytracing off if it was transparencies who cause such drops? Delight us.
He's talking about the Series X and transparency issues. I don't think PS5 has had issues with transparency effects, except maybe in Tony Hawk game where you look through the character.

Interesting that you guys run away with misinformation again. Richard said the scene did not line up. If the performance is that large. He would have put that in the article because he tested it.
I think you guys are reading what he said wrongly.

Last edited:

Bergoglio

This is another proof that Series S is a console that hind games development.

It is unacceptable that a studio gets into trouble and has to waste time taking resources away from the ideal technical target for both PS5 and Series X sizes.

It's a shame. Both for team and gamers.

Why Spencer and Ronald aren't on Gaf? Why I can't tag them? Why they will not read my fucking post? Why??!

disney rage GIF

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!

It is unacceptable that a studio gets into trouble and has to waste time taking resources away from the ideal technical target for both PS5 and Series X sizes.

save the fact they will have to make these games for pc / cross gen for a while longer and that work will be done either way. Unless Sony starts porting 1st party games to the Xbox everyone else is already doing that work for sales…

Kangx

Quite surprised that XSX is the slightly better version. Just had a hunch, with it being Capcom and all, that it would have been the opposite for the PS5. Definitely getting the sense that devs are getting a better handle on the new Xbox consoles.

I think the XSS is doing just fine for what it is.
No lol. It's the same engine as DMC where they tested when the 2 consoles come out. The x performce a bit better in the RT mode in that game, and it shows the same thing in RE here. Richard even mention the DMC test in the video.

elliot5

Why Spencer and Ronald aren't on Gaf? Why I can't tag them? Why they will not read my fucking post?
because your post is dumb

The Series S is performing fine especially without RT, and seeing as graphical presets are identical across all next gen devices outside of resolution, it seems like a simple target for them to just adjust resolution to get Series S where it needed to be.

The only things Capcom could have done is either drop to 1080p with RT on, or add a cap at 30. Both pretty trivial things to do in a config, but they chose not to for whatever reason. It's hardly taking resources away from the team that is working on the Xbox devkits.

Stuart360

I can't tell if your serious or not, but if that 2 extra tf translate to slightly, (I mean you can't even tell) better eyelashes and less that 1% average frame rate.
I'm sorry to say, that's an L for the XBSX.

And we should be seeing at least a 15% frame rate advantage for the XBSX to be claiming the "another one gif", or it just make you guys look dumb claiming a 40% advantage all gen.
Yeah people need to stop lumping all Xbox fans together like a hive mind. Idiots on Twitter are just that, idiots. If you know of Xbox fanboys spouting the 40% difference (which doesnt even make sense as the difference is around 18%) on this forum, name then.
As for your other nonsense. The game is better on Xbox, as a lot of games have been better on PS5 so far. These comparisons are not only for fanboy nonsense, but also for people to have an informed choice of which version to get. You need to stop this 'PS5 still wins because the XSX isnt beating it by 18%' crap. You cant just claim your version is the best because its not that far behind lol.

elliot5

Its time to put your eyes on the line GAF, tell me whats wrong in this section of the video:

Seems like they just mislabeled it and RT is on the left and non RT is on the right. You can tell by the stuttering and brighter face on the old lady.

skit_data

Results seem to fall in line with the DMC comparison results, a slight edge to Series X when the same content is on display

assurdum

Banned
Show me where I mentioned PS5?
It's logic. Ps5 drops more often in such scenario but when raytraycing is applied (so lower bandwidth possible bottlenecks in the alpha). One can say it's the lower bandwidth and then alpha bottlenecks. But bandwidth has nothing to do with the smoothest perfomance on series X 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Chukhopops

I can't tell if your serious or not, but if that 2 extra tf translate to slightly, (I mean you can't even tell) better eyelashes and less that 1% average frame rate.
I'm sorry to say, that's an L for the XBSX.

And we should be seeing at least a 15% frame rate advantage for the XBSX to be claiming the "another one gif", or it just make you guys look dumb claiming a 40% advantage all gen.
« XSX version should run at 69 FPS for that 15% advantage, otherwise I win »
Better keep those goalposts moving fast as the wins are starting to pile up.

Mr Moose

It's a solid performance with RT off, maybe a 30fps cap with RT on would be better though.
Apparently it was meant to have a 30fps cap with the RT mode? Unless I misheard in the video. I need to find that image from Capcom and check.
Pro could do with that option with the res mode, along with the One s.
Edit: Yup
ResidentEvilVillage-45fps.jpg

Pro in res mode/Xbox One/One X res mode and Series S RT were all meant to be 30fps.

Last edited:

Kangx

He's talking about the Series X and transparency issues. I don't think PS5 has had issues with transparency effects, except maybe in Tony Hawk game where you look through the character.

I think you guys are reading what he said wrongly.
No, i am not, he is quoting the person said about 20 percent and interjected on the grass scene about transparency fud on series x to bolster his argument.

Riky

$MSFT
It's logic. Ps5 drops more often in such scenario but when raytraycing is applied (so lower bandwidth possible bottlenecks in the alpha). One can say it's the lower bandwidth and then alpha bottlenecks. But bandwidth has nothing to do with the smoothest perfomance on series X 🤷‍♂️

I didn't mention PS5.

squarealex

2 more TF for an extra 2-3 fps...

No surprising... same scenario than DMC5. XSX Perform better with RT, now without (like 120fps mode) it would be surprising.

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned
Apparently it was meant to have a 30fps cap with the RT mode? Unless I misheard in the video. I need to find that image from Capcom and check.
Pro could do with that option with the res mode, along with the One s.
30 FPS cap is not supported by Capcom engine from what I know.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Wow, even Sony couldn't money hat Capcom enough to stop the beast from redmond from absolutely dominating this game. It's obvious that series x could run at a flawless 120fps 8k with RT if it wasn't for playstation hating gamers and holding everyone back.

Glad to see the performance is much improved over those initial reveal trailers. I'm disappointed I missed all the recent demo opportunities, but will probably sleep on this title anyway since I don't have a lot of time to game at the moment.

squarealex

Both are targeting 60fps, what do you want the devs to do?, target 60fps on PS5 and 70fps on XSX?.
I'm talking the bullshit xbot says when 12Tf is far far (far) superior than 10.5TF with RDNA 1.5..... like PS5 struggle on 1080p/30fps on this game... :messenger_sunglasses:

Expecting the final XSX game to be perfect 60 fps with RT on. As for the demo just better performance than the ps5, since unfortunately Capcom decided to use CB and not native resolutions, as expected.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom