• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Digital Foundry] Xbox Series X Complete Specs + Ray Tracing/Gears 5/Back-Compat/Quick Resume Demo Showcase!

JimboJones

Can someone put together a time lapse of the hours talking about a box and the literal minutes they talk about games.

Why? It's the box we are interested in right now. Knowing the ins and outs of the box gives us a good idea of what we can expect for games but for now knowing the specs and what they entail is the exciting stuff.

Stuart360

If you have 100 GB of assets instantly accessible , don’t you have 113 GB ram in Series X?
giphy.gif

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
If these are customized 1TB SSD cards, they better be reasonably priced..... whatever the average going rate is for PC one.

In 2014, I got a 3TB external Seagate for my One for $110 cdn. And at the time, I think that was a bit cheaper than normal as I got it on a hot deal.

iJudged

Banned
That's fair, but SSD's as fast as they are are not faster than VRAM and at these much higher resolutions we still need a fair amount to avoid stuttering and other bottlenecks...…..I don't think SSD's are the entire answer here, it has to go hand in hand with some insanely fast RAM and more of it tbf.....

At ultra RTX? well it's not the only thing, but textures are usually tied to Vram capacity, so there's that connect that affects it directly...
he has arrived, yall, brace for it.

iJudged

Banned
What exactly is your technical background, since you can draw a conclusion like that?

You have no idea how the next-gen consoles work or what the SSD cache will do on either, and yet we have you in the XSX-thread desperately trying to downplay the console that isn't from your favority manufacturer. It's petty and it's extremely obvious what you're trying to do.
do you now know who you're talking to? LMAO

Stuart360

If these are customized 1TB SSD cards, they better be reasonably priced..... whatever the average going rate is for PC one.

In 2014, I got a 3TB external Seagate for my One for $110 cdn. And at the time, I think that was a bit cheaper than normal as I got it on a hot deal.
I bet they will be $59.99.

Stuart360

that would be a steal. I’m expecting 100 bucks or more.

ill be super happy if you’re right tho
Well i was thinking more along the lines of them being mass produced, which should bring the price down. Its also 1tb. And they are tiny, which means nothing of course, but i could imagine some poeple thinking 'i'm not paying $100 for a tiny drive i dont even really need'.

BeardGawd

Banned
AMD sure seems to be glowing about their collaboration with MS:

The Xbox Series X is the biggest generational leap of SoC and API design that we’ve done with Microsoft, and it’s an honor for AMD to partner with Microsoft for this endeavor. The Xbox Series X is going to be a beacon of technical innovation leadership for this console generation and will propagate the innovation throughout the DirectX ecosystem this year and into next year. It is a privilege to be Microsoft’s trusted partner, and we look forward to a successful launch this holiday season!

Flick

Banned
AMD sure seems to be glowing about their collaboration with MS:

nice! Another confirmation for this holiday too.

LMAO good luck with that. We all know MS is gonna have a premium markup on them. The customized slots force us to get them instead of our own options as well. I hope an adapter is created as a workaround for this.

Last edited:
Honestly, you really don't need more than 12. And based on your GPU's performance the increases you would get would be very miniscule.

I agree. How many games need more than an 8gb GPU on PC?

i know it’s a little different but still, all things considered, with how all the XsX storage is designed, we are fine

Doesn't mean he knows PS5 specs.

but maybe he does

Last edited:

splattered

I'm asking about it right now on Twitter, we'll see if they respond.
I won't be using it myself, but a lot of households game wireless so it's an odd choice.

I am wireless in my house and have a fairly expensive gaming router but it is AC I believe. If they did put AX in the SeX i prob wouldn't upgrade my router for a year or two after getting the new consoles anyway.

I am more concerned with needing to buy new TVs before a new router personally.

Top Bottom