• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA - Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden - Free Demo on Xbox Series X|S, PC, and PlayStation 5 -

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
A surprisingly good AA game that went under a lot of people's radar earlier this year. There's a free demo for the game on all platforms it's available on, highly recommend people give it a shot.

• Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden is an action-RPG from DON'T NOD that released on February 12, 2024.
  • Today, a free demo for the game was announced for Xbox Series X|S, PC, and PlayStation 5.
  • The game has received very positive reviews from critics and players alike.
  • You'll be able to bring your demo save into the full adventure if you purchase the game.

Last edited:

Luipadre

Oh nice i'll try it but i have too many games to play right now so definitely gonna do a playthrough later this year if i like it

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Awesome, awesome game. Coolest/best interracial couple in games (and this is pre GTA6) and Antea is arguably one of the most likable female protags ever.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I click on "Install Free Trial" and it starts downloading 56GB. That's the full game, right?

It's probably downloading the full game so in case you 'buy now', you can continue seamlessly.

I haven't tried it but guessing the demo is the opening of the game.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Is this the same don't nod of life is strange? The game seems much more ambitious than what they usually put out

It definitely is. Game is huge if you want to do everything. My playthrough took me close to 70 hours (or 80) and I didnt even 100%.

It's the main reason why I bounced so hard off of Rebirth. I just cant do two massive open world checklist type games in a row anymore.

(Banishers isnt exactly open world, but its divided up into many separate large maps with twisty turny paths and interconnections)

Last edited:

stn

Its a great game! The only reason I haven't beaten it yet is because I have a billion other great games ahead of it, but the few hours I invested so far have been excellent.

It definitely is. Game is huge if you want to do everything. My playthrough took me close to 70 hours (or 80) and I didnt even 100%.

It's the main reason why I bounced so hard off of Rebirth. I just cant do two massive open world checklist type games in a row anymore.

(Banishers isnt exactly open world, but its divided up into many separate large maps with twisty turny paths and interconnections)

So, it's like God of war ?
Honest question btw !

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
So, it's like God of war ?
Honest question btw !

In terms of world layout and and loot/upgrades and stuff yeah I'd say its pretty comparable

I wouldnt say the combat is as satisfying, however I DID have a more enjoyable time with Banishers than I had with Ragnarok (or any Sony AAAer in awhile).

Banishers really shone a light on Focus and the quality of their AA output. They are the kings of the B games imo but Banishers has a higher kind of quality to it. Almost like AA 1/2.

Last edited:
In terms of world layout and and loot/upgrades and stuff yeah I'd say its pretty comparable

I wouldnt say the combat is as satisfying, however I DID have a more enjoyable time with Banishers than I had with Ragnarok (or any Sony AAAer in awhile).

Banishers really shone a light on Focus and the quality of their AA output. They are the kings of the B games imo

Appreciate the thorough reply brother 👍
giphy.gif

RedC

Banishers really shone a light on Focus and the quality of their AA output. They are the kings of the B games imo but Banishers has a higher kind of quality to it. Almost like AA 1/2.
Damn, you're tempting me to buy it now while it's on sale.

It's still too much for me.

I can't do the controls in that game. Too much acceleration in both character handling and camera. Frankly it's being awful to handle the character, and why can't they use the default UE control we have in Fornite with no camera acceleration? Deadzones are terrible here. When you slightly push the analog stick you wait like half a second before the character finally slowly moves.

Also the game gameplay is like a clone of God of War 2018 albeit less fun to play. Graphics and artstyle are very good though.

Last edited:

John Bilbo

I can't do the controls in that game. Too much acceleration in both character handling and camera. Frankly it's being awful to handle the character, and why can't they use the default UE control we have in Fornite with no camera acceleration? Deadzones are terrible here. When you slightly push the analog stick you wait like half a second before the character finally slowly moves.

Also the game gameplay is like a clone of God of War 2018 albeit less fun to play. Graphics and artstyle are very good though.
Luckily on Steam you can adjust the deadzones manually.

I've literally never heard of this game. But it's apparently another spooky game by the peeps who made Vampyr, so I'll have to give this a whirl.

xrnzaaas

Nice effort, but way too late imo. At this point it's better to just wait until it inevitably shows up in Game Pass and/or PS+.

StereoVsn

I will give the demo a shot on the weekend. Game don’t look very interesting to me (emphasis on me, not that the game is bad or anything) during previews, but maybe I was wrong.

I don't need the demo as I was already convinced, tbh. Just need to finish my Stellar Blade playthrough first then I'm going to pick this one up as my next game.

I'm also reminded of the game every so often when I visit the retailer nearest to me, as they have lots of XSX and PS5 copies of Banishers . So I always see it there whenever I browse the video game aisle. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
I absolutely loved this game. It's the highest quality 'AA' game out there.
Great world design, interesting concept, atmospheric, varied and long side quests, different types of environments, huge world, very good voice acting and intriguing setting.
The combat is a bit hit and miss but gets better as you get more weapons and powers.
Don't miss it. Severely underrated.

Bartski

Gold Member
For the nth time, the demo isn't listed in the demos menu on psn, you have to go to the banishers game page to see it and download. So thanks for the heads up, I hope Sony gets their shit together as this just keeps happening.

checking out the demo, &, once we hit eden, charles just goes invisible? he's speaking, so it's obvious he's supposed to be sitting at the table, or sitting in front of the fire, but he's not? & then, when you switch over to him in the schoolhouse in the morning, you're playing as him in first-person?...

as is, i was sorta getting bored, & likely would've bailed anyway, but wtf? helluva first impression...

I don't need the demo as I was already convinced, tbh. Just need to finish my Stellar Blade playthrough first then I'm going to pick this one up as my next game.

I'm also reminded of the game every so often when I visit the retailer nearest to me, as they have lots of XSX and PS5 copies of Banishers . So I always see it there whenever I browse the video game aisle. :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Well, I just went out and bought myself a copy of Banishers as my older brother gave me a €30 gift card in exchange for my Helldivers 2 copy lol. I'll rebuy HD2 later on during a sale.

i01c6DI.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom