• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did your local Wendy's have a buffet bar in the 90s?

I saw the linked commercial, with "Everything Al." The Superbar was probably discontinued because they were encouraging people to eat $10 worth of food and charging them $3.

Gandara

There was one where I lived. I used to get the onions and cheese from there for my chile after they I found out they would charge 30 cents extra. The way they would say it annoyed me as it seemed like it was something extra but never mentioned they would charge until you got your bill.

I was gonna say no, but then I saw the picture. I totally remember that. Aww man, I could go for a terrible salad bar right now, with hard bacon bit things that aren't really bacon....mmmm....

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
Get up early and hit the McDonald's breakfast buffet. Make my own sausage biscuit. It was one of the greatest things in the world. My little league coach would use it as motivation too.

Linkura

YES

I loved it as a kid even though the food was actually kind of crap.

Also, for people who didn't experience these buffets, they actually did NOT have burgers and fries on them. They had 3 sections: pasta, Mexican, and salads.

I don't remember mine having a superbar, but I do remember they served fried chicken. It was good, too. I stopped going to Wendy's when they stopped serving it.

New002

No but one of the McDonald's by me growing up had an all you can eat breakfast buffet. It was amazing.

And yes poster above me, Wendy's fried chicken was amazing. I miss it :(

GhaleonEB

Yep. Loved it. :)

hqdefault.jpg

wendys-superbar-www.rediscoverthe80s.com_-610x385.jpg

Found an ad for it as well

Holy shit did those pics bring me back. I remember seeing it when I was a kid; I liked the potatoes with lots of bacon bits.

Guessing the food on it sucked ass, but as a kid it was pretty amazing.

akira28

McDonalds Breakfast Buffet. place was packed.

Shakeys pizza buffet baby!!!!!

Yessss

edit: double yes on the Wendys fried chicken. when they went burgers only and lost the chicken and even the tenders there was that much less of a reason to go. Plus the prices now, they think they're Five Guys or something.

I don't have a local Wendy's and haven't in a really long time but I vaguely remember the main one I use to go to when we went to "the city" having one.

wow...they still exist! Looks like are a West Coast thing now. Used to be quite a few here in New York City back in the 80's and early 90's but they all disappeared.

Yea there's one near where I live in CA. Once in a great while I like to treat myself. The food isn't bad and its a very nostalgic experience.

Man i just got a very specific memory of eating at a Wendy's that had the buffet bar and reading some strategy guide for like 100 different NES games A-Z, and wondering what on earth Xexyz was. I used to like the pudding at the buffet.

andthebeatgoeson

I used to work there. I would be on the bar Sundays. It was a weekly massacre over cheese whiz and stale baked potatoes. People did not know how to act but they would treat it like a pig trough.

Never forget.

zerotol

Banned
Any of you remember Flakey Jakes from the 80s? You'd get your burger then go down a line and put anything you wanted on it. Big ol vats of melted cheese, as much of any topping you could imagine. It was glorious.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
So I just picked up some Wendy's from one I used to go to as a kid and got hit with some nostalgia remembering there used to be a buffet bar at it when growing up. It had things like build your own tacos, spaghetti, baked potatoes, fruit, salads and more. It now strikes me how odd that was for a fast food place and I was wondering if this was a unique offering or if it was a regular for the chain in the early to mid 90s.

YES

I MISS IT SO

And their old fries.

Top Bottom