• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did your local Wendy's have a buffet bar in the 90s?

So I just picked up some Wendy's from one I used to go to as a kid and got hit with some nostalgia remembering there used to be a buffet bar at it when growing up. It had things like build your own tacos, spaghetti, baked potatoes, fruit, salads and more. It now strikes me how odd that was for a fast food place and I was wondering if this was a unique offering or if it was a regular for the chain in the early to mid 90s.

They did and I loved it as a kid!

It was called the "superbar". And they used to make garlic bread with burger buns.

I was so easily impressed as a kid. Happy times.

So I just picked up some Wendy's from one I used to go to as a kid and got hit with some nostalgia remembering there used to be a buffet bar at it when growing up. It had things like build your own tacos, spaghetti, baked potatoes, fruit, salads and more. It now strikes me how odd that was for a fast food place and I was wondering if this was a unique offering or if it was a regular for the chain in the early to mid 90s.

Yep. Loved it. :)

hqdefault.jpg

wendys-superbar-www.rediscoverthe80s.com_-610x385.jpg

Found an ad for it as well

Briarios

Man, the Wendy's we had was right next to the library, I'd ride my bike, find some awesome books or study, and make this amazing taco salad. Those were the days ...

SaintR

Holy shit they did have a buffet bar! This just totally jogged my memory of this. I remember as a kid my mom making salads for herself lol. Crazy callback

Sophia

Yeah, I remember it. It kind of put Wendys out there as a more unique place, compared to their contemporaries in the fast food industry.

I never really got to ate off it that much tho.

Yep, it was rad.

We have a KFC here that has a buffet still.

And I do edgy motherfucking 360 donut burnouts in the parking lot all day before going to get some sweet, sweet Bojangles.

GPsych

Whoa! I totally forgot all about this! I do remember Wendy's having that buffet bar. I almost want to say it was before the 90s though.

Ambient80

I went to a KFC buffet once but the fuckers would only let you get one small bowl of Mac and cheese or mashed potatoes. Not both. And you had to ask for it, you couldn't get it yourself.

Whoa! I totally forgot all about this! I do remember Wendy's having that buffet bar. I almost want to say it was before the 90s though.

They definitely had it in the 90s. I worked at a Wendy's from about 1994-1996. I remember picking me a number of goodies from that salad bar during work hours.

FinKL

WTF Wendys had an all you could eat buffet bar? I wish I knew about that!

I know KFC had an all you could eat and it was godlike, unlimited you name it Chicken Mash Wedges

mackattk

Ours had a salad bar... don't think it had an actual buffet bar with other food.

A few pizza places have a buffet here... KFC does a buffet. Can't really think of what else does.

$3 for that super bar? damnn that is a steal.. That would equate to only $6.29 in today's currency. That is less than a price of a hamburger combo.

Davey Cakes

Yep.

Tacos, nachos, jello, and pudding. Greatness, for a kid anyway.

I miss it as much as I miss Burger King's curly fries. :(

moist

Not exactly but I do recall in HS going to the local Wendy's during the summer and the staff was so stoned they just told us we could go in the back and make our own food.

H3xum

They did

But all I remember were tacos, I don't remember potatoes or anything else

Man I want a potato bar

Top Bottom