• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coffee: The Thread

lachesis

Moka Pot when I make either iced coffee in summer or for multiple people. (Got 6 shot size)
Aero Press for my daily single serving warm latte or black Americano.

Coffee brand:
Lavazza Crema Gusto bricks.

GeekyDad

I have a filter coffee machine and have one cup of fresh filter coffee a morning. Columbian strength 3 out of 5.

The only issue I have is that within an hour of drinking one cup, I have a morning clear out downstairs and have to number 1 three to four times and number 2 one to three times.....
That's my favorite part! (Well, perhaps not my favorite part, but it's a wonderful part of the coffee love making ritual.) Clear out the pipes before I'm off to work. Get my day off to a good start!

Last edited:
I don’t remember what age but I have bought a couple of machines, krups, delonghi , Nespresso, etc .

Also the drip ones , bough plenty of devices.

Finally I don’t like to grind by hand, do the pressing or wait for the drip. Either using the cap from nespresso (taste good but awful for environment).

So last 3 years I use an automatic 3-5 times a day. I just put the seed and it grind , press , etc. it was expensive (around 2500 us) but damn good fast coffee, and the smell …. So good! I mix that with a bread bakery machine I have so my kitchen automatic start making bread and coffee every morning, smell like heaven.

The seed I buy from an old man who sells near my home, he make and import many so I mostly buy São Paulo, Cuba seeds. 200g = 10 us.

Last edited:
This is where I buy coffee. Only problem the guy is so old that his Japanese is like from 100 years ago. I don’t understand anything.

ERuEZpX.jpg
7wkKliH.jpg

My best most consistent cup of coffee comes from an Aeropress. I've tried most of the methods out there.

Fresh grounds, good water, and a consistent temperature, that's all you need.

I'm searching for the best way/recipe to make iced coffee. I'm not about making hot coffee and pouring it over ice, that's nasty.

Last edited:

GeekyDad

My best most consistent cup of coffee comes from an Aeropress. I've tried most of the methods out there.

Fresh grounds, good water, and a consistent temperature, that's all you need.

I'm searching for the best way/recipe to make iced coffee. I'm not about making hot coffee and pouring it over ice, that's nasty.
Maybe make the day before, let it cool down, and refrigerate.

flying_sq

Luckily I live in New York and tend to pick up beans from a place called Porto Rico in Greenwich Village, recently tried a new brand called "Brooklyn Rich", not bad at all. I have a Melitta pour over that my mom gave me at least a decade or so ago that I still use. I have a Saeco super automatic espresso machine, I do cold brew, or Moka, depending on my mood tbh. Normally on a work day, double espresso is my go to, unless I wake up early, then a pour over.

BigBooper

I get the bold blend walmart brand and it's about on par with Folgers. Never cared much about the nuances of flavor, so it's just fine for me. I don't do Starbucks or expensive coffee shops.

Incidentally, I had about 4 cups of it today after abstaining from caffeine for weeks and my mind is reeling.

flying_sq

I'm on the fat bomb coffee team. heavy whipping cream, Irish butter, and mct oil; all blended with my coffee. it's the best thing ever, IMO.
I did this when I was on keto, it wasn't for me, I ended up just doing heavy cream. Everything else always ended up separating.

Fools idol

Banned
I absolutely love Nescafe gold instant but coffee in general gives me stomach cramps and the shits. I think I'm intollerant to it cause decaff is the same. I'll stick to earl grey 😎

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Just for clarity lads. This is a home coffee machine:

f5z2Csi.jpg

With it you grind coffee beans, filter the coffee through a portafilter to create a shot of espresso, and add steamed milk.

Whatever other strange and awful machines you may have to make your liquidized turds are merely coffee adjacent.

Yours, someone who knows the best coffee in the world comes from Australia.

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Just for clarity lads. This is a home coffee machine:

f5z2Csi.jpg

With it you grind coffee beans, filter the coffee through a portafilter to create a shot of espresso, and add steamed milk.

Whatever other strange and awful machines you may have to make your liquidized turds are merely coffee adjacent.

Yours, someone who knows the best coffee in the world comes from Australia.

Is that the Oracle? Nice get.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
I drink Equal Exchange Colombian & Toffee Caramel, from a french press, with milk and two sugars. Don't like cream. I started drinking it after my mom heard coffee was anti-inflammatory and could help with my headaches. It did. I mostly drink it when I have a headache, or if I'm feeling drowsy during the day, or just really want the taste. I don't drink it to wake up in the morning.
Colombian's my main, Toffee Caramel's just to mix things up. I don't grind my own beans or nothin like that.
cM88zRw.png
ZLow9rw.png

MHubert

The one and only
IFU44AO.gif

I usually go for lighter roasts depending on what is available.

The reason I go for aeropress is because it is the perfect method of brewing when Im on longer bicycle trips, and it just makes damn good coffee from fresh beans. Fits perfectly in the bags and you can even fit some smaller manual grinders inside the press. That way you can try out different local beans wherever you are.

JCK75

My favorite brand is Lavazza
I have an espresso maker at home, but my wife is going to get it in the divorce because I'd rather just get away than fight for anything.
So when I get my apartment I'll get a new Breville

At work I use a Nespresso Citiz because it's as close to the quality I get from my espresso machine as I'm going to get out of a pod based simple machine.

I mainly drink it black as an Americano or Lungo, but if I have my way I'll have just a splash of heavy cream.

velKCNZ.jpg

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
The one and only
IFU44AO.gif

I usually go for lighter roasts depending on what is available.

The reason I go for aeropress is because it is the perfect method of brewing when Im on longer bicycle trips, and it just makes damn good coffee from fresh beans. Fits perfectly in the bags and you can even fit some smaller manual grinders inside the press. That way you can try out different local beans wherever you are.

James Hoffman already on the second page?

For those that don't know him, he's a coffee youtuber, worth the watch, if you're interested in coffee.

My favorite brand is Lavazza
I have an espresso maker at home, but my wife is going to get it in the divorce because I'd rather just get away than fight for anything.
So when I get my apartment I'll get a new Breville

At work I use a Nespresso Citiz because it's as close to the quality I get from my espresso machine as I'm going to get out of a pod based simple machine.

I mainly drink it black as an Americano or Lungo, but if I have my way I'll have just a splash of heavy cream.

velKCNZ.jpg

How's that lavazza? Seeing a grocery store brand with the espresso italiano makes me think of burnt robusta but it's apparently 100% arabica.

JCK75

James Hoffman already on the second page?

For those that don't know him, he's a coffee youtuber, worth the watch, if you're interested in coffee.

How's that lavazza? Seeing a grocery store brand with the espresso italiano makes me think of burnt robusta but it's apparently 100% arabica.

It's incredible
I was at a Texas De Brazil eating and ordered coffee, and it was the best cup of coffee I had ever experienced in my life so I had to bug the staff to find out what it was..
so I went searching for it once they told me it was Lavazza.

Top Bottom