• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition: PS5 vs Xbox Series X - Image Quality + Performance Tests

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
The profiler is still fucked and I can't believe MS hasn't fix it yet. Dev kit is more capable and thus the range of DRS for XSX retail work badly. Such a shame.

assurdum

Banned
I would bet my balls Alex would have found a way to exalt the average higher resolution on series X in DRS over the better performance on ps5. Jeez how much predictable is him :messenger_tears_of_joy: and I found a spot where series X runs better "you see it depends to the area". Good Lord this guy.

Last edited:

mansoor1980

Gold Member
AdeptHugeArgali-size_restricted.gif

skit_data

I would bet my balls Alex would have found a way to exalt the average higher resolution on series X in DRS over the better performance on ps5. Jeez how much predictable is him :messenger_tears_of_joy: and I found a spot where series X runs better "you see it depends to the area". Good Lord this guy.
My interpretation of the video was that he preferred the PS5 version 🤷‍♂️

elliot5

He doesn't.... he says the ps5 was smoother and a more pleasant experience compared to the more frequent frame stutters. What is wrong with some of you harping on Alex

Razvedka

Banned

"[It's clearly still single throaded with how its loading... The PC SSD isn't as fast as the PS5, but it's single threaded CPU performance is much greater.]"

I thought neither the PS5 nor the XSX used their CPUs for loading information off of their SSDs? Don't they have robust dedicated silicon for this process?

Around the 6:30min mark.

Last edited:

RaZoR No1

Is it just me or can you guys see the left/dark image in the gamma correction all the time?
They say they cannot see it even if they put it on max brightness but on my phone I see it all the time

Mr Moose

Is it just me or can you guys see the left/dark image in the gamma correction all the time?
They say they cannot see it even if they put it on max brightness but on my phone I see it all the time
If there's only 3 of them, yeah I could see it fine lol.

elliot5

"[It's clearly still single throaded with how its loading... The PC SSD isn't as fast as the PS5, but it's single threaded CPU performance is much greater.]"

I thought neither the PS5 nor the XSX used their CPUs for loading information off of their SSDs? Don't they have robust dedicated silicon for this process?

Around the 6:30min mark.
They comment that it's likely not using specific loading APIs in their engine and this was more just brute forcing with SSD speeds. PC had an advantage because of the single threaded performance of a 10900k compared to the zen cpu in the consoles.
I can't see it on max brightness and they were speaking from a perspective of from the TV they observed the games from I think.

JLB

Banned

How dare this Alex does elevate anything over glorious Playstation The 5!

Leyasu

Banned
As predictable as your minimum 30+ posts in any comparison thread....

Anyway, nobody should be unhappy on either system with this update. Especially as it is free of charge.

RaZoR No1

If there's only 3 of them, yeah I could see it fine lol.
There are/should be only 3
I can't see it on max brightness and they were speaking from a perspective of from the TV they observed the games from I think.
aaVaNP2.jpg
Qqf4olW.jpg
aaVaNP2.jpg
Qqf4olW.jpg

I tried to make a screenshot 😅
maybe there it can be seen better, otherwisr I could make a pictures of the screen itself.

btw: I like the PS5 version more, too. XSX is too bright

assurdum

Banned
You are right, I should put you on ignore. But then I will miss the day when the mods finally get tired of your console warring and ban you.
I'm console warring because I said Alex is well known to put the Xbox in the best light possible at every face off? You see how hypocrite you are? People like you are really the worst with their supposed higher morality engaging constantly console war against the others with different argumentation.

Last edited:
Top Bottom