According to NXgamer here, Series, has more cars, more people, more characters, and better graphics, including geometric affects. The PS5 not as taxed as the Series X with the engine. The series is better version for experience. Performance wise PS5 doing better with the FPS because that version had less stuff in the game.
I just stole this from a reddit thread
- PS5: dynamic 1188p, unlocked 60 FPS
- PS4 Pro: dynamic 972-1188p, capped 30 FPS
- Base PS4: 720-900p, 15-30 FPS "w/ big hiccups" [other article]
- XsX Quality: dynamic 1512-1722p, up to 1800p, capped 30 FPS capped (+AO)
- XsX Performance: (usually) locked 1080p, unlocked 60 FPS
- XsS: <1080p-1296p, unlocked 30 FPS (+AO)
- XoS: 810p
- not yet optimized for next gen (PS5/XsX/XsS enhanced version due in 2021). All consoles generally appear blurry, from aggressive TAA and low resolution, exacerbated by chromatic aberration and film grain setting.
- PS5 basically runs the PS4Pro version of the game, but faster FPS. This means you can see lighting draw in, and have less dense city details than XsX/XsS. 1188p is 55% pixel count of a 4K image. Not using RDNA2 feature set. No PS5 quality mode (yet).
- PS5 fewer slowdowns than XsX, but XsX provides denser city w/more NPCs+vehicles.
- PS5 best frame rates w/nearly locked 60 FPS, some dips into 50's in city. Feels buttery smooth, better than other consoles. Brute forces away technical problems.
- XsX has best graphical quality in Quality mode. Visuals are cleaner from better reflections, texture filtering, volumetric fog, ambient occlusion, etc. DF prefers the stability of this mode, even with the reduced FPS.
- XsX performance mode dips into 50s and does not hold 60 FPS as often than PS5. But XsX is running a denser more detailed version of the city. Not apples-to-apples comparison.
- XsS runs tweaked X quality mode with city density benefits of XsX (surprising), but at a lower FPS. Has moments of dips and seizing up. Potential IO issue?
- "If you want 60 FPS, go with PS5 version. If you are okay with 30 FPS and want improved visuals, go with XsX Quality mode."
This is based on DF's analysis. Sounds like the game in BC runs higher settings on Series X, and PS5 has smoothest framerate option on consoles right now
Yes, it has higher graphical settings on XSX, visibly more characters and cars, but environment in some scenes looks to me pretty similar, anyway, also, NX Gamer also said this in video. Regarding X1X and PS4 Pro since it runs in BC mode on XSX and PS5
QUOTE from 5:00
But overall the X1X is sub 30 to often. And PS4 Pro does dip, but it gets back to that 33 ms times quicker than X1X which consistently in the heavier just sits under it as you can see here. Now some of that is down to fact it runs at higher resolution on average, it is got the additional geometry, the lighting, the bloom, all of those areas pushed further out the lot, so it is drawing more characters, so it is just to high for the hardware, they need to just cut it back and generally this means that the performance on X1X is incosistent
Quote from 6:25
it is got a sharper image and it is got more detail but it comes at the cost of the performance and to me it is just not the right choice, they need to scale that back.
So, CDPR should scale down settings on X1X version and XSX will run it as good as PS5 like it is now
@Old Empire. The series X has better CPU and GPU.
Not this crap again. GPU sure, in some parts, but CPU difference is meaningless, especially in SMT.
But XsX is running a denser more detailed version of the city. Not apples-to-apples comparison.
That's the problem. How do you compare games that don't run the same way visually? PS5 downgraded to hit 60 fps. What would the FPS run at , with same settings as Xbox Series?
Since XSX is running at noticeably worse framerate with higher graphical settings, PS5 probably would run same as XSX version then. Sadly.