• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF Direct - Spider-Man: Miles Morales PS5 Gameplay Reaction - Ray Tracing, Image Quality + More

Yoboman

If only people took the same time to capture one of NPC's in Demon Souls remake, we might not see much detail on their mug shots
Here you go

LjC4U1Z.jpg

J_Gamer.exe

I suppose its just as well its not on the series x, with its unimpressive load time displays so far(using velocity architecture), like upto 15 seconds on dirt 5. Would look terrible on the 'world's most powerful console' if it had to have loading screens when spiderman comes out a building like last gen will probably have to. See spiderman cat at video for example of instant transition on Ps5

Either that or Lengthen each transition tunnel he comes out significantly....

So when do we get the frame rate and screen res drops ?. If you need to use the Woke site that is Resetera I'll have to laugh

I'm actually using the official youtube channel of 343 Industries. That channel doesn't belong to Resetera. I always said that the final product can be different but in the description of the video that they uploaded it says "Upto 4k resolution".

You tell me what that means.

I'm actually using the official youtube channel of 343 Industries. That channel doesn't belong to Resetera. I always said that the final product can be different but in the description of the video that they uploaded it says "Upto 4k resolution".

You tell me what that means.

So I'll ask again when do we see the frame rate and screen res drops? and if you need to use RestEra I feel sorry for you..

JimiNutz

Banned
It looks like a lot of fun to play and I'm sure it'll look really good on my TV.
I know this is petty but I'm still kind of bummed that this is available day one on PS4 as well.

I'll def get around to playing it at some point down the line but for now my attention is on Demon's Souls.

Yeah apparently Halo will look good if somebody, not him, finds a bad screenshot of Demons Souls

He's being really weird with the whole Resetera thing because I got the info from the developers youtube channel. I also said earlier that it might not be the final product since the game was delayed.

I've got standards

You do seem to mention them alot. It's almost as you use them. I only see the stuff from Resetera that people post here. Like Dusk Golem and Dictator kind of stuff. Not the place where I got the information though. First time I heard if this was on NeoGaf not Resetera.

Edit: This is where I first saw it.

Chris Lee

The gameplay demo is a great example of how we're running on Xbox Series X, you'll be able to run at a solid 60 frames per second at up to 4K resolution.

Chris Lee is a long-time Producer and Creative Director at 343 Industries. He is currently the Studio Head of FPS Game Development, heading the production of Halo shooter titles. Chris Lee has been working with Microsoft since 2003 and joined Microsoft Game Studios in 2004 as a software development testing engineer.

Last edited:
You do seem to mention them alot. It's almost as you use them. I only see the stuff from Resetera that people post here. Like Dusk Golem and Dictator kind of stuff. Not the place where I got the information though. First time I heard if this was on NeoGaf not Resetera.

So 'if' you believe in standards?. List me the frame drops and screen res drops for every frame of the 8 min demo

Again, was it running on a Series X. Do you know what a Series X is?

You tell me why they didn't use a Series X or a platform that could mimic the hardware.

You're the one studying the footage and saying that it's representative of the Series X running the game at a solid 60FPs and Native 4K. But then your saying that Chris Lee's comments on it doesn't mean anything.

I'm honestly confused.

Last edited:
So what's it like on the Series X? Didn't they say the footage represents the platform?
I'll ask again show me the frame days and screen res dops and is you need to use RestEra I'll have laugh.m
Why teh FUCK is everyone talking about Halo and Demons Souls? The thread seems to be about Spiderman for the PS5.

If anyone doesnt want to discuss the topic just dont go in the thread. Bans and warnings will follow.
I'll have to remember that for added irony

noxvenala

Banned
I'll ask again show me the frame days and screen res dops and is you need to use RestEra I'll have laugh.m

I'll have to remember that for added irony

Christ, just accept that Halo Infinite looks like absolute shit and that Miles Morales and Demon Souls blow it out of the water.

Now stop derailing the thread

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Christ, just accept that Halo Infinite looks like absolute shit and that Miles Morales and Demon Souls blow it out of the water.

Now stop derailing the thread

You too. Why are you talking about Halo.

Everyone just stop.

Dodkrake

Banned
Team Andromeda Team Andromeda can't have your cake and eat it to.

Your premise is that Halo Infinite is full 4k at 60fps stable. People showed you that your premise is incorrect by accurately proving the game has 720p downscaling occurring in some scenes. This is VRS at work, nothing more, nothing else. You then proceed to discredit the proof by stating that the source is not to your liking, which is no way to argue, as the onus is now on you to prove the source is not to be trusted.

People also pointed out that MS themselves describe the game as running on system that should represent the Series X + up to 4k at 60fps. This directly disproves your full 4k 60fps argument, but again you decide that this source is not enough for you, and proceed to ask to move the goalpost and request that debaters provide you with footage running on the Series X, knowing full well MS hasn't provided any of that footage.

This is not a zero sum game. You have presented your thesis, had it disproven, so now the burden of proof is on you to prove your claims right and other claims wrong. Stop moving the goalpost and start discussing like an adult.

As for the obvious comparison to Miles Morales, and here is my entirely subjective opinion on-topic, you have to be insane to think it looks worse than halo, or even in the same ballpark. It looks a whole gen ahead.

Top Bottom