• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF Direct - Spider-Man: Miles Morales PS5 Gameplay Reaction - Ray Tracing, Image Quality + More

VFXVeteran

Banned
I‘m extremely pleased they’re highlighting just how next gen the Ps5 version is, even though it‘s cross gen. Sounds like they‘ve managed to leverage the power of the new console well.

I cannot wait for the Demon’s Souls analysis.

It's always been understood that you can have a graphics engine be scalable enough to support more advanced features that won't run on lower end hardware. And the little feature additions are significant. This is what the PC has been doing for years.

GymWolf

I've been trying to talk myself out of getting Miles Morales but my resolve is weakening.
Just listen again to his ridicolous voice to strenght your resolve.

Are you willingly paying 60 dollars to play as a guy who sound like a human chipmunk who ingested helium?! :ROFLMAO:

Just watched this video....I'm still not convinced I even see the ray tracing in effect aside from still shots. I have a feeling that this gen will be more of an incremental improvement to most people while the pixel counters will be agonizing over the technical minutiae that most people wont notice or care about.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Game looks amazing cannot wait time get my hands on it. That mall scene does look ridiculous. Hopefully there’s a lot of environmental interaction.

Fake

Incorrect, it's 1080p. DF noticed it dropping to 900p in some cutscene, so there's some dynamic resolution stuff going on, but during gameplay it sustains 1080p.

Dynamic 1080p is not 1080p. Most of the time the game spends on heavy scenes, so the game float between 900p and 1080p.
Is hard to spot because of the temporal injection the engine have inbuild plus motion blur.
In fact, its even hard to spot 1080p sometimes. You should check the video again.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Dynamic 1080p is not 1080p. Most of the time the game spends on heavy scenes, so the game float between 900p and 1080p.
Is hard to spot because of the temporal injection the engine have inbuild plus motion blur.
In fact, its even hard to spot 1080p sometimes. You should check the video again.

Base PlayStation 4 targets and sustains 1080p, but we did note a cutscene at 900p, suggesting adaptive resolution is in place there too.

Last edited:

Fake

RoadHazard RoadHazard

Watch the video, not the article. For the third time I spoke about how is hard to pixel count those games because of the heavy pos process image quality.

Dynamic =/= native

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Yeap. So accurate as claiming is 1080p, don't you think?

You were the one who started by claiming, with no qualifier, that the game is 900p. That's incorrect. Maybe it's not 1080p 100% of the time either, but more often than not from what I've understood (I played it on Pro, so I don't actually know more than what I've read about the base PS4 resolution).

This is just FUD:

900p man. IDK if this MM will be 900p as well, but the Spider-Man for PS4 runs at 900p.

It does not "run at 900p".

Last edited:

Fake

You were the one who started by claiming, with no qualifier, that the game is 900p. That's incorrect. Maybe it's not 1080p 100% of the time either, but more often than not from what I've understood (I played it on Pro, so I don't actually know).

I played on the base PS4 (Slim) since day one and yes the drops are sometimes very notable, not only in cutscenes, but around the webswing. Already plat the game.
If is 1080p he can't stay in 900p, neither 900p if he can up to 1080p. How can be possible? dynamic resolution
Either are both correct of neither.
Lets just agree to disagree until we take ages to get to the point.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I played on the base PS4 (Slim) since day one and yes the drops are sometimes very notable, not only in cutscenes, but around the webswing. Already plat the game.
If is 1080p he can't stay in 900p, neither 900p if he can up to 1080p. How can be possible? dynamic resolution
Either are both correct of neither.
Lets just agree to disagree until we take ages to get to the point.

You said "it's 900p". I said "it's 1080p in general with some dynamic resolution stuff going on". You statement is factually incorrect, mine is at least MORE correct. I win, thanks for playing.

:)

Fake

You said "it's 900p". I said "it's 1080p in general with some dynamic resolution stuff going on". You statement is factually incorrect, mine is at least MORE correct. I win, thanks for playing.

:)

You never mention 'dynamic resolution'.

C'mon, you can edit your previous post if you want.

Fake

Lol. You remind me the guy that said Witcher 3 runs at 4k. Good times. If you like to play looking at the sky, sure.

Well worth a watch. game looks fucking ace, yet here i am salivating over Miles Morales, and this pure wanker who actually gets paid to talk about games, dont give a fuck to remember the name of the game he gonna get bread from, shits very very disrespectful.

Falc67

Doesn't look much better than Spiderman on the Pro. I love how Spiderman gets away with it and there was a massive outcry over Halo Infinite. If only Infinite used raytracing on the lake *ROLLEYES*

You really comparing Halo infinite to Miles Morales? you can’t even compare Halo Infinite to Killzone Shadowfall. Don’t do this to yourself bro...

Last edited:

FrankWza

I don’t follow what each and every one of these guys say at all times, but John, to me, appears to be the most level of the 3 and an overall good guy. That’sjust me though.
Don't try to look nice to Sony, no freebies from Sony. Secure your own preorder. :lollipop_tears_of_joy:

BTW John has always been neutral.
John is definitely the best of DF, he should open his own channel.

guessed right?

Last edited:

noxvenala

Banned
Yeah I am and at least Halo Infinite could run at 60 fps at native 4KSo far only Ratchet looks truly next-gen

giphy-downsized-large.gif

065.gif

FrankWza

You have discovered my 3 accounts on GAF. Even yours is mine.

I mean, he seems like an okguy. I saw someone post that tweet too where he was getting some flack for the rest of those guys there.Someone else here said it best, they represent the whole site but you can separate if you pay attention.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
On a Series X ?

Yes.

In Halo Infinite's campaign, the Master Chief returns when humanity's fate hangs in the balance to confront the most ruthless foe he's ever faced – the Banished. The legendary Halo series returns with the most expansive Master Chief story yet. Enjoy a first-look at Halo Infinite campaign gameplay, captured real-time and representative of the experience on Xbox Series X running at 60FPS and up to 4K resolution.

Source:

Last edited:
Yes.

In Halo Infinite's campaign, the Master Chief returns when humanity's fate hangs in the balance to confront the most ruthless foe he's ever faced – the Banished. The legendary Halo series returns with the most expansive Master Chief story yet. Enjoy a first-look at Halo Infinite campaign gameplay, captured real-time and representative of the experience on Xbox Series X running at 60FPS and up to 4K resolution.

Source:

And yet the whole gameplay run at 4K at 60 FPS?

And yet the whole gameplay run at 4K at 60 FPS?

Are we talking about Halo Infinite or Miles Morales?

Here's what I know.

Spiderman Miles Morales

4K 30FPS with Ray Tracing
Dynamic Resolution No Ray tracing 60FPs

Halo Infinite

Single Player: Upto 4K at 60FPs
Multiplayer: Not sure on the resolution but it's 120FPs.

Things can change when the games release but it's the last thing that I've heard from both of them.

If I'm wrong about something please correct me.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Top Bottom