• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF Direct - Spider-Man: Miles Morales PS5 Gameplay Reaction - Ray Tracing, Image Quality + More

I am gonna qoute KingThrash Gaming here:

"Why the fuck you even got this assignment, fuck N**ga?! This shit is baffling!"

King would've been like "This N**ga can't analyze shit. How many times yall got to keep on with this magnifying shit like a b**ch ass" haha :messenger_tears_of_joy:. Anyways back to the topic, I think this was a decent video by DF. Little disappointed they didn't go over a particular section that showed beautiful implementation of RT (The section where Miles retrieves spiderman the cat to the 7/11 store owner and you can see the world reflection, the black lady smiling at Miles reflecting, you can see the Cat reflecting on the store's front door along with his owner)

tmlDan

Relax, it's just a DF Direct, they are meant to be casual and off-the-cuff. I'm sure the game will get the full, professional DF treatment once it launches.
What does that mean? it's their sole job to know everything. Is that what you do at work? half ass everything?

I don't understand the leniency towards game journalists/tech analysis YT'ers. It's your job, act as if you're an expert and know everything about it like you should.

If I forgot the name of a client at work and made up a name during a presentation to them id be fired.

Last edited:
If it's a consistent 30 with a frame drop here and there, ala Uncharted, GoW, TLoU2 etc there's nothing wrong with that. And I also play on an RTX 2070, so...you should get your eyes checked.
I play exclusively in 60FPS and every time I need to go back to 30FPS for a console game, it takes me a good few hours to adjust. It's just my experience so don't get too triggered. My eyes are just fine, thanks.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
We're at a point where a 60fps option will be common going forward. CPU side will have a ton of headroom and with 4K as the expected standard there's a lot of fill-rate to be clawed back by dropping res.

Not to mention the fact that all around these new consoles are going to be way stronger than the average PC, so the need to down-spec will be a necessary consideration.

reinking

Gold Member
Wow. This game looks fantastic. I was not sold on RTX but I am coming around. The thing that stands out to me about reflections is as things improve we are going to have to deal with reflections in online competitive games. Seeing someone's reflection in a window or car door when they are trying to flank you could be cool. I am not a Spiderman fan but I am probably going to have to pick this up and play it just to enjoy the technical aspects of the game.

As for DF/Love/Poop. DF does a lot to promote console wars just based on the content they provide. I don't think they are bias even though they have personal preferences that sometimes show. Before places like DF showed up people just enjoyed games because we were not getting 30% framerate zoomed into see some distant reflection drop. By nature of getting this information it gives ammo to fanatic's that care more about winning some imaginary console war instead of them just enjoying the games they play.

Last edited:

Jon Neu

Banned
That Rhino rampage looks amazing. It's super mega scripted, though.

I’m trying to work out why you’d think people would go downvote a video that is extremely positive (more positive than DF have been about any other game) about a Ps5 launch game.

At this point, DF could say that the PS5 is the best console ever and they would still be hated by the Sony fanboys.

FrankWza

That Rhino rampage looks amazing. It's super mega scripted, though.

At this point, DF could say that the PS5 is the best console ever and they would still be hated by the Sony fanboys.

they’d probably lie and say it’s not ;)

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
You most certainly missed the Genesis VS Snes war back in the days. It was speed vs color or midi vs fm synth. Essentially nothing has changed.
I have been around since the Atari vs Intellivision wars. There was information out there but it does not compare to what we are seeing these days. Of course, a lot of it has to do with moving from print and word of mouth to social media.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Gotta support SONY and their spider-man super hero decisions (launch title, special 4K treatment etc.) it’s fairly obvious spider-man is probably the go-to open world super hero third person action adventure story driven AAA game.
Entrance%2B1.gif

UnNamed

Banned
Looks incredible, this is the first time a PS5 game impress me this much. I would love to see the difference between this and the PS4 port.

ethomaz

Banned
They said in the video a few important points

• The 60 FPS mode shows no signs at moment of reducing ray tracing, to be confirmed
  • They need ot see more footage of the 60 FPS mode than what they looked at near the end
  • Solid frame rates
  • There is a very high quality Temporal and per pixel motion blurr in effect, DF could not tell the native resolutions anyway

Looks like there i a new temporal method in town on the 60 FPS if it keeps ray tracing. More to be revealed.

They were very complementary, best looking console game as of now
Summary: I have no ideia of what is happening on screen.

They said in the video a few important points

• The 60 FPS mode shows no signs at moment of reducing ray tracing, to be confirmed
  • They need ot see more footage of the 60 FPS mode than what they looked at near the end
  • Solid frame rates
  • There is a very high quality Temporal and per pixel motion blurr in effect, DF could not tell the native resolutions anyway

Looks like there i a new temporal method in town on the 60 FPS if it keeps ray tracing. More to be revealed.

They were very complementary, best looking console game as of now
What would be the point of a 30fps mode if it made no difference?

Gediminas

Banned
It is not a review. They are just analyzing some of the raytracing and other effects in the Gameinformer footage.
yes, review of the gameinformer's footage. reactions, opinions whatever.

actually it was rhetorical question(trap) :messenger_tears_of_joy:

they said it that they don't do reviews/opinions/reactions if they don't have it on hands :messenger_tears_of_joy:🤡

Wow, Xbox fanboys Digital Foundry doing PS5 exclusive gameplay analysis and speaking positively about Sony game, including "the hater" Alex himself. Microsoft check must have bounced.

/s
were they really? They nitpicked background computations and basically called the RT fake so no still Xbox fans IMO

Romulus

Another generation of needing the experts to tell me how much of an upgrade we're actually getting. I just don't see it. Maybe shinier and slightly better clarity.

I kinda feel bad for the younger generation, they honestly don't get to experience those wow leap moments anymore. Everything is a baby step now. It was legitimately exciting back in the day.

Last edited:
Top Bottom