• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] Crysis Remastered PS5 Upgrade: All Modes Tested - What's The Best Way To Play at 60FPS?

assurdum

Banned
You don't seem to get my point. It runs at a lower resolution because the CPU is getting hammered and thus the GPU has to run at a lower frequency. That's my theory at least.
So when games runs at lower resolution on series X what's happen there? Variable frequency there too? :pie_eyeroll: CBR isn't cheap as you think. You save around of the 25% of perfomance compared the full native res, on the GPU.. Ps5 runs at 1440p CBR as lower resolution Vs around native 1200p on series X. Make your count .

Last edited:
Softer than elton john at hooters

lfiJCcv.gif

:ROFLMAO:

So when games runs at lower resolution on series X what's happen there? Variable frequency there too? :pie_eyeroll: CBR isn't cheap as you think. You save around of the 25% of perfomance compared the full native res, on the GPU.. Ps5 runs at 1440p CBR as lower resolution Vs around native 1200p on series X. Make your count .
Bro, Avengers looks like complete dogshit on the PS5. Don't make me post screenshots.

If you're so certain that my theory is wrong, just wait it out. Time should prove you right.

assurdum

Banned
Bro, Avengers looks like complete dogshit on the PS5. Don't make me post screenshots.

If you're so certain that my theory is wrong, just wait it out. Time should prove you right.
So obviously you don't give a shit how much CBR costs in terms of GPU perfomance and what's the tech reason behind, but because looks like dogshit means your theory about variable frequency is valid
oh god smh GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Last edited:
So obviously you don't give a shit how much CBR costs in terms of GPU perfomance but because looks like dogshit it means variable frequency it's the cause there.
oh god smh GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
CBR gives you around 50% more performance compared to native (highly depends on the game though). And I mentioned Avengers because it's very CPU heavy. That's kinda my point.

assurdum

Banned
CBR gives you around 50% more performance compared to native (highly depends on the game though). And I mentioned Avengers because it's very CPU heavy. That's kinda my point.
Like no. Completely false. 1,2 of more perfomance in the more optimal scenario, 1,4 for some shaders. You don't have a clue of what your are talking about. Just go to read on the net. Not surprising to see you to use the 50% of less pixels as metric. That's why I warning you to be careful to consider CBR cheap. It is but not as much it could to let intend. And in any case the CBR used in Avengers is awful. DiCE is the only who knows how to use it properly in a variable resolution.

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned
think this was the cutscene part no?
Don't listen him. He's a clown. He posted a subhd capture in the Outriders thread to prove AF wasn't that bad on series X. He doesn't knows the shame unfortunately when talks about ps5 and likes to provocate the other users with nonsense posts, manipulative captures and harassing likes. I never seen him a single time have a serious conversation about the ps5 hardware. Just trolling.

Last edited:

Md Ray

Wow, this and Mortal Shell show there must be a serious bottleneck on PS5, lower resolution by like 40%+ but still has tanking framerates.
"Serious bottleneck" lol your concern trolling is hilarious. That's motion blur, not a resolution issue. See vid below (time stamped).

It's the same on XSX/S.

HQ screenshot:
B2cOS0o.jpg

Character movement resulting in camera motion blur. Also, that's not a frame-rate drop, it's a stutter due to checkpoint save. It literally says there.

Last edited:

Blizzje

Is this a native ps5 app? If not then this is the same deal as Star Wars. Come back when we are talking ps5 native apps and the full capacity is used.

So he’s not allowed to be?

I'm confused about something.

Why should he be happy about performance issues on any platform?

I know what his job is but to be unbias he shouldn't display joy when a platform has performance issues.

If I was in his position I would love to see all platforms do well. And wouldn't be happy is a platform has terrible performance issues.

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
BC mode, there was extra blur on the PRO, same is on PS5....Is it a weird scaling issue? are the two axes in a 16:9 format or is it some weird scaling issue on one axis like in Red Dead 2 on PRO....Is this using checkerboarding.....Crytek needs to do more work here.....

phil_t98

#SonyToo
I'm confused about something.

Why should he be happy about performance issues on any platform?

I know what his job is but to be unbias he shouldn't display joy when a platform has performance issues.

If I was in his position I would love to see all platforms do well. And wouldn't be happy is a platform has terrible performance issues.
So if he doing a video, and a video where he says it performs better on ps5 over Xbox he should be miserable?

Top Bottom