• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] - Borderlands 3 PS5 vs Xbox Series X: 4K60 and 120fps Modes Tested - Plus Series S Comparisons!

LivingD3AD

There are moments which you can see the exact contrary in the performance. Performance drops on both at 120 FPS
Yup

DzUwLrR.jpg

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
No.

They say it's more stable even without VRR.

They gave the W to xbox and sony fans still claiming it?
Seems to me that ps5 is an excellent machine fully worth the 500 usd.

Mainly because VRR on the Xbox Series X, which will likely be a non-factor as soon as PS5 gets VRR in a future update.

"Both consoles are prone to wild fluctuations. Some kicking in harder on Series X at points, others on PS5. But on the whole, it does seem Series X has the lead. For anyone looking to get the best 120fps performance, the vote has to go on Series X. For the higher base like performance and having VRR, it has that advantage."

Even if the performance are exactly the same on 60fps mode, PS5 DOES have higher details.

Riky

$MSFT
Mainly because VRR on the Xbox Series X, which will likely be a non-factor as soon as PS5 gets VRR in a future update.

Even if the performance are exactly the same on 60fps mode, PS5 DOES have higher details.

If you watch the video he says Xbox is more stable at 120hz even without VRR, VRR is just the icing on the cake.

The settings are from the Xbox One X, version for foliage and shadows. This was the same on One X v Pro.

assurdum

Banned
Yes for sure but the series x show more stable line in this game it was more stable in ps5 for other games
I don't know what video you seen but FPS when starts drops show similar pacing on both. Could change the scene, but both alternate similar performance with similar issue. But if you want to take it as a win , you are welcome. Don't care about such stuff.

Last edited:
Poor Tom. Everytime people call him Alex or never remind about him.

Im a fucking moron. I’m so medicated at the moment I thought it was Alex just because it wasn’t John. Pretty sure I’ve made this mistake numerous times. I’ll learn one day. They don’t even sound remotely alike

my bad

Apologies to Thomas Morgan.

Last edited:

B0xel-new

Neo Member
Haha this is becoming a sport isn't it. 90% of people arguing here won't even play these games. Yet here we are arguing about foliage shadows. I love it!!

Cherrypepsi

Am I the only one who doesn't really care about the XSS performance in these comparisons?

I think people who buy this console are not really the target audience of digital foundry anyway.
It's more confusing than anything else, might aswell leave it out.

onQ123

I'll just leave this here

Before this thread get locked I'll just like to say that any game that is running better on Xbox Series X than PS5 right now should be investigated for missing effects & lower resolutions.

Good Night sleep tight & don't let the Bugsnax bite

assurdum

Banned
Can I say something? Why every single fucking time DF should give the nod for something to a console in their analysis? People are not retarded, they see the performance in the video and they can come to the same conclusion without proclaim the winner. They hate so much fanboy but why this obsession which feed more their mouth? That's really annoying than anything else in their analysis.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Am I the only one who doesn't really care about the XSS performance in these comparisons?

I think people who buy this console are not really the target audience of digital foundry anyway.
It's more confusing than anything else, might aswell leave it out.

As far as something actual useful for consumers to make purchase decisions?

Yeah it could be left out.

But it's a video made to be consumed and there are people curious about the XSS as tech.. and many a console warrior who want to see this content to bash it lol

ZehDon

Gold Member
Imagine watching the video and then posting in a thread about that video and saying PS5 wins.

Yeah, I just did that.
Comprehension is clearly not a requisite of observance. But keep up the good work, little buddy - keep those Xbots in line!

... XSX might win in framerate, but I don't think we can say it outperforms PS5 in this game.
... it's like you guys aren't even trying any more.

Last edited:
Sadly they gave series x the win for this one without mentioning dual sense advantage

What why ps5 looks better and runs the same on 60fps, and if the drop the shadows and veg to xsx levels, then 120fps will also run better, this is not looking good for xsx,

what do non fanboy xbox fans think about this, if i was xbox fan, i would be very upset, we are talking about 12tf vs 9tf here, there is a hardware bottleneck somewhere.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
If you watch the video he says Xbox is more stable at 120hz even without VRR, VRR is just the icing on the cake.

"This is where Xbox Series X has a crucial advantage. This is because on PlayStation 5, a V-Synced frame-rate drop causes a 8.3ms hit on the frame-time graph. But on Series X, their support for VRR............. But on a supported TV will do wonders for adjusting to variable frame-times on Borderlands 3.

The settings are from the Xbox One X, version for foliage and shadows. This was the same on One X v Pro.

The shadow quality was the same on their PS4 Pro and Xbox One X comparison video, it's different on The PS5.

So in other threads frame rate matters but this game frame rate dont matter?

My thoughts exactly. I don't care about these comparisons or whether it's better on a certain console. The best version to play it on is the console you have.

That said... I've noticed a trend of gaf. If the PS5 is better at a particular bit.... That's the bit that matters and so it's the better version.

Top Bottom