• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 3 Not Coming Until at Least 2024

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Bungie and Activision acquisitions were already in the work back then!

Jimbo: "Spency, you better release Call of Duty to PS5 after 2023 or else you won't get destiny 3!"

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I already said something along the lines of this in this thread lol. But I hope Bungie will package up the old campaigns into their own individual games. Would be a neat way to capture it.

No way dude, they will "vault" the content you paid for as it takes up far too much space on disc.

This way they can recycle the weapons exclusive to those encounters or zones and sell them in bundles to the player. Then when there running out of ideas again they can just "unvault" a strike or raid and say "look guys new content".

Last edited:

sainraja

No way dude, they will "vault" the content you paid for as it takes up far too much space on disc.

This way they can recycle the weapons exclusive to those encounters or zones and sell them in bundles to the player. Then when there running out of ideas again they can just "unvault" a strike or raid and say "look guys new content".
Oh what I am saying is they can take content they are vaulting and package it up into a separate game. It will still be vaulted in the main game and I understand why they have to do it. I do agree that they should have maybe tried something else first — different versions of the game but I am sure that would be a nightmare to maintain, the reason why they didn't do it.

levyjl1988

Banned
Gameplay is top notch.
The sunsetting and the removal of paid content that I can’t go back to and catch up.
Yeah I’m not buying Destiny’s next expansion or their sequel. You know what I will be doing though is uninstalling. Fuck Destiny 2, Bungie fucked it up. Destiny 1 will be my favourite as I have had more memories with it as it tried something new and I could always catch up to it.

Destiny 2 is when they started to bastardize the whole franchise.
Fuck this franchise, you think I’m eager to jump into Destiny 3 with all that fomo shit they keep pulling. Fuck that. Fuck Bungie.

Banned
Just played Destiny 2, maybe I'm missing something but there was no main campaign to play, only DLC. It all felt very samey samey, defeat a bunch of weak enemies then at the end of the mission there is a boss; rinse and repeat for every mission.

they literally deleted the campaign, which was actually not bad and had many moments where it felt like a Halo Reach lite.

so yeah, you can not play the campaign anymore.

tbh, that alone made me never wanna play the game again. I don't want to get invested in something they might just delete 2 months later so I can never replay it again

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

they literally deleted the campaign, which was actually not bad and had many moments where it felt like a Halo Reach lite.

so yeah, you can not play the campaign anymore.

tbh, that alone made me never wanna play the game again. I don't want to get invested in something they might just delete 2 months later so I can never replay it again

Base destiny 2 campaign was actually quite good. So was Forsaken.

They can make good campaigns, but I hate how new DLCs just overwrite the old and you can't really do it as a linear campaign anymore. They should just add a legacy list that lets you go through one thing at a time.

Top Bottom