• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2: Lightfall Launch Trailer Released at State of Play

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Go to the 'Store' tab, then select the last option from the left menu and you can see what you own/what you don't.

Thx. Is there a way just to play story content in order? I'm not bothered for sny of the extra craziness but wouldn't mind playing some more co op campaigns

Ogbert

Thx. Is there a way just to play story content in order? I'm not bothered for sny of the extra craziness but wouldn't mind playing some more co op campaigns
The game won’t give you the order. Campaigns are all standalone and can be accessed in any order you choose. Hold down L2 on the Director screen and the left hand tab will point you in the direction of all the PvE content you can play.

Beyond Light is good fun, if you haven’t played it yet. Preferred it to the Witch Queen.

sainraja

There is a timeline view available from the director that will help you figure out the order.

I've highlighted that in this screenshot:
AA2qqPz.jpg

You won't be able to launch into the missions from the timeline view but it will help guide you. Not to mention the director will highlight the campaign on it and you will also get some in-game guidance as to where to launch. The timeline just helps with the order of how things happened.

Last edited:

Dynasty8

No one who is ‘trying out’ Witch Queen is getting anywhere on legendary. It’s not hard when you have the build, exotics and mods down.

If not, you get pumped.

It's honestly not bad at all even for players with very few or no exotics. It's somewhere between Normal - Heroic difficulty that Bungie's old Halo games used to provide.

But if they don't have enough time, then that's fully understandable. Witch Queen campaign was the first Destiny campaign that I had A LOT of fun with...and it was primarily due to Legend difficulty.

TheMan

Never completed the SP for beyond light but still considering WQ since it’s pretty cheap now.

One thing I wish they’d do is focus more on strikes. I really enjoy co op content and strikes have really just fallen to the wayside, especially if you don’t have a crew and have to match make with randos

Last edited:

Raonak

Banned
Kinda wild that destiny might actually be concluding after all.

Anyone got a good story summary til now?

anothertech

The Witch Queen is FREE to play until Feb 26. You can unlock any exotics and get to keep them after it goes back to being paid. :D

This is why I love Destiny (love the Firefly perk on the Fatebringer):

(I know, I am probably not the greatest at it, but I enjoy it the same)
Have you tried firefly on ace of spades? You have to wear chromatic on lock to do it but it gives you 2 firefly explosions haha. One of my faves.

LordCBH

The Witch Queen is FREE to play until Feb 26. You can unlock any exotics and get to keep them after it goes back to being paid. :D

This is why I love Destiny (love the Firefly perk on the Fatebringer):

(I know, I am probably not the greatest at it, but I enjoy it the same)

Timelost Fatebringer is my favorite hand cannon.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!

Opening cut scene data mined if anyone wants to watch. Mostly seen it in trailer but in order now.

Last edited:

sainraja

trailer makes no sense

Bungie’s completely given up on getting new players into this game
Lightfall has a system built-in to the game that will help guide players on what they need to focus on, what activities they should be doing etc. But, we live in the age of Elden Ring. You'll figure it out. They don't need to hold your hands, come on. :D

Amiga

There is a timeline view available from the director that will help you figure out the order.

I've highlighted that in this screenshot:
AA2qqPz.jpg

You won't be able to launch into the missions from the timeline view but it will help guide you. Not to mention the director will highlight the campaign on it and you will also get some in-game guidance as to where to launch. The timeline just helps with the order of how things happened.

Is there a way to play the seasonal story missions? are they ever coming back?

Just got back for the first time since Shadowkeep to find Exo Rasputin, friendly Cabal and Uldren hanging around ..WTF?!

OZ9000

Banned
I used to like destiny but the game is a full time job. It does not respect your time.

I would probably start playing it again if we had some A.I. that could play some of the grindy tasks for us.

Gah - I haven't pre-ordered this game - finally felt fatigue after all these years since playing D1.

If I buy it, do I buy it on
PC - MSI Raider GE66 11800H, 32GB RAM, GeForce 3070 8GB, 240hz 2K screen
PS5
XBOX Series X

TrebleShot

Jumped back in last year and got the legacy collection, someone in here said the witch queen is being added to the legacy pack? will I get it now? Would be good considering they vaulted Forsaken.

Jumped back in last year and got the legacy collection, someone in here said the witch queen is being added to the legacy pack? will I get it now? Would be good considering they vaulted Forsaken.
It's just a bundle of dlc, the witch queen legacy pack is a new bundle obv, you're not getting it for free.

sainraja

Is there a way to play the seasonal story missions? are they ever coming back?

Just got back for the first time since Shadowkeep to find Exo Rasputin, friendly Cabal and Uldren hanging around ..WTF?!
The ones that are gone are gone. I don't know of any plans to bring those back; however, many of the seasonal activities have been added to the Vanguard Ops playlist so you can play them that way; the current seasonal activity will also be added there (but I don't believe it's all the missions we got to do in the season).

I've read that missions like Harbinger and Presage will make a return and those were really fun missions too.

Last edited:

Freeman76

The first mission was same old same old. I guess its too early to know how much content is in Lightfall? That mission didnt entice me back in much but then there might be some cool new shit in the Xpac?

Warnen

New guys are like a cross between sliver hawks and Master Chief. Liked what I played so far but last expansion opened up better. Not that far in play more tonight or tomrrow.

Ogbert

Hmmm. Bit disappointed so far.

Don’t like the new city. At all. Feels dead and soulless.

Campaign average at best.

Shubh_C63

Community did a hard 180 on this expansion. For me too early to tell, haven't even finished the campaign yet but I would be pissed if they still didn't answer anything in the Destiny universe.

sainraja

I am enjoying it so far. I finished the "First Contact" mission and completed the seasonal story for this week. I also like some of the new UI changes and love the fact we can actually give "commendations" to other players after an activity.

Warnen

There seem to be a few weapons I wanna chase (nameless midnight and the new void wave launcher) to bad both random drops so gonna be impossible to get the good perks. I don’t like strand, dont see any reason to use it over void on my warlock.

It’s more destiny but could have been better. At least it’s better then shadow keep so far but that’s not a high bar.

Last edited:

Ogbert

There seem to be a few weapons I wanna chase (nameless midnight and the new void wave launcher) to bad both random drops so gonna be impossible to get the good perks. I don’t like strand, dont see any reason to use it over void on my warlock.

It’s more destiny but could have been better. At least it’s better then shadow keep so far but that’s not a high bar.
Same.

Strand is really undercooked.

It’s basically warmind cells with an ineffective grapple mechanic.

Ar¢tos

I used to like destiny but the game is a full time job. It does not respect your time.

I would probably start playing it again if we had some A.I. that could play some of the grindy tasks for us.
I had to decide between going back to Destiny and buy Lightfall or go back to Stardew Valley.
Stardew Valley won, both feel like a job in many ways, but Stardew Valley is more rewarding.
I'll revisit the idea of playing Destiny again in a few months.

Yeah, it's an underwhelming DLC. Especially storywise. Unless your're a harcore destiny player I can't recommend lightfall.

I'm having fun with strand. And the new loadout system is awsome. Even if mods right now feel a little watered down.

Raven117

Im an addict. So I will finish the campaign.

But yeah...the overall consensuses is that this is not good.

Mossybrew

They aren't going to coax me back to this shambling Frankenstein of a game again. Hope you guys have fun tho.

sainraja

Well, I mean, I don't think their plan was change how Destiny feels. It's still going to be Destiny.

Same.

Strand is really undercooked.

It’s basically warmind cells with an ineffective grapple mechanic.
I haven't unlocked it yet, but I got to try it for a little bit in the first mission. I still prefer Void over it based on the little teaser. It's very different from the other supers. I was kinda hoping it would have been "poison" based, but I am open to trying it out for a few months exclusively after unlocking it, like I did with Stasis; that is how I know if I will like the super or not but I didn't dislike it.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Did the fox how stasis fragments are acquired? I ran the whole campaign on my hunter and got everything but don’t want to do that again on my warlock if I can avoid it.

I’m grabbing the big pack this weekend. The 30th anniversary is on sale too, it worth grabbing or not worth it anymore?

Warnen

Do they ever explain wtf the veil is that we trying to save? Destroy? Kiss?

Having fun prob finish up campaign tomorrow on my day off. I’m enjoying it but not as good as last years game.

Top Bottom