• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadline: Disney Eyeing Chris Pratt For Indiana Jones Revival

Status
Not open for further replies.
stop it. fucking stop it.

chris pratt has no charisma. and, independent of my own dislike for him, it can't be good for his career to tie himself to two shitty Spielberg remakes destined to be far worse than the original

Chris Pratt is the exact opposite of no charisma. The guy's like a white Will Smith.

Nokterian

Chris Pratt as indiana?

0e3.png

Akahige

It could work great, I'm not exactly sold on the idea of some else as Indy, if this never happened I'd be pretty happy.

Alright but anyway who would be directing is the most important thing to me.

Source? I feel sorry for the guy if so.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20577253,00.html

As a struggling model in New York City, Kitsch slept on friends' couches and, on occasion, on the floor of an 8th Avenue subway train. "I'd try to stay as low to the ground as possible so [security] didn't see me," he says. "I'd get on the subway late at night and sleep for five or six hours." During a stint in L.A., Kitsch lived out of his Pontiac Firefly. "That was probably the best purchase of my life," he says. "That car lasted forever."

What's wrong with Idris Elba?

On a serious note, it feels like Pratt is in every upcoming movie, I wonder how long it's going to be until people start getting tired of him.

inm8num2

I like Cooper more than Pratt for playing Indiana Jones. Pratt might be fine as the action hero delivering one-liners, but I think Cooper would be better as the professor of archaeology and overall.

I love Pratt as much as the next guy but Jesus Christ almighty, can't these casting directors come up with another star for this role?

Cooper would be a much better pick.

Neoxon

Please do not make Pratt the next Taylor Kitsch.
Pratt has had 2 successful movies in a row, so he's fine.
fuck that.

I'm on team Bradley:

bp6wgp7.png
So you want Rocket rather than Star-Lord.

chris pratt has no charisma. and, independent of my own dislike for him, it can't be good for his career to tie himself to two shitty Spielberg remakes destined to be far worse than the original
lolwut? Did Secret Wars happen already & you came in from an alternate Earth?
So much bad news in one topic.
Again, lolwut?

Ein Bear

I like Chris Pratt, but Indiana Jones is Harrison Ford. I really don't see the appeal in the franchise without him.

In what world do you live in that he has no charisma?

You have a fucked up definition. Motherfucker stole the heart of the internet with Forgot About Dre

I don't think I'll ever view him as an action hero with that voice.

I... I kind of agree. I mean - he was great in Guardians, but he was more goofy than rogue. And Indiana Jones, as played by Harrison Ford, is the definition of a scruff rogue.

The character of Indy wasn't silly - some of the events in the films were ( the nature of the third film, especially, was light-hearted ). Ford gave the central character some weight and history, and his voice is as much a defining characteristic as his looks.

Chris Pratt certainly looks the part, but I still wouldn't see him as Indy.

Randdalf

I like Chris Pratt, but Indiana Jones is Harrison Ford. I really don't see the appeal in the franchise without him.

I agree with this. The series also has a 70s adventure film vibe (coz well, that's what it is), in that I don't think a reboot of it would really feel like the same thing.

Liamario

Banned
Like Chris a lot, but he's the wrong choice for this. Perhaps Jurassic park will be a good showcase for his serious side, but as it stands right now, he's wrong for the part of Indiana Jones.

kirby_fox

Banned
I can already see the plot.

Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones looks for the fountain of youth and upon finding it, drinks and becomes Chris Pratt. The rest of the movie is Chris Pratt as Indiana Jones, confused at what the hell happened and in the end getting some young woman that Harrison Ford was making googly eyes at in the beginning of the film.

Everyone will hate it.

Neoxon

It's amusing reading people say that Cooper would be a better pick; even I thought he should have been cast as Star-Lord in GotG.

Can't go wrong either way but I do prefer Bradley overall.
Had it been any other studio you would have gotten your wish. But Marvel thought differently, & it paid off. Bradley was MUCH better off as Rocket, likewise with Pratt as Star-Lord. I have a hard time seeing Cooper replacing Pratt.

Metalmarc

Indiana Jones can be goofy. That's part of his charm, really. He's kinda silly, and he gets his ass kicked and it looks like it hurts. It makes his adventuring a little more interesting.

Pratt as Jones I can see. Disney/Paramount essentially just recasting Indiana Jones and having a series of unconnected adventures, I can see. That all makes perfect sense.

A Lucas-less Star Wars I could easily see, and have no problems with. Never did.

A Spielberg-less Indiana Jones is kinda weird to imagine, though. Like - Raiders is still maybe the most perfect action film ever made. Only Spielberg could have made that film the way it was made.

For me, whoever it is that steps into the hat and the jacket isn't as daunting as whoever it is that gets to sit in the chair behind the camera. THAT'S the pressure seat.

There's Probably only one man to take over Speilberg for this job,

JJ Abrams.

Also i was just thinking to myself last night how cool it would be to see Chris in a Star Wars movie, but then i remembered he is already in GOTG so it won't happen, probably.

ivysaur12

Banned
I honestly don't really like him as an action hero. He's a bit too goofy, even for Indiana. But the internet loves him and I'm happy for his success, so… so be it.

Blader

I think Pratt is a fine choice, but also maybe a little too dopey/goofy for the role. Cooper would be my pick.

Neoxon

I think Pratt is a fine choice, but also maybe a little too dopey/goofy for the role. Cooper would be my pick.
Let's wait for Jurassic World to come out before we make any assumptions. He IS the Man-Crush of NeoGAF right now.

-griffy-

Banned
I agree with this. The series also has a 70s adventure film vibe (coz well, that's what it is), in that I don't think a reboot of it would really feel like the same thing.

It's actually more like a 50's film serial, which kind of lends itself to an "Ongoing adventures of _____" perfectly.

Pratt wouldn't be like Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones, but I can see him as Indiana Jones, if that makes any kind of sense. I can convincingly picture him looking dirty and sweaty, slightly beyond his depth, trying to figure out how to get that ancient artifact off the pedestal without triggering any traps, and then when he inevitably does trigger the traps looking completely worried/annoyed as he runs away. I can buy that.

But the franchise is so connected to Ford and Spielberg that it would be a large hurdle still, especially if neither come back.

Mouse Cop

I don't know how I feel about a total reboot. I'd be OK if they make another movie with him, but I need Ford in it and Pratt can't be Indy. If he were another archaeologist that takes up the mantle and maybe Ford passes the mantle as "Indy" then maybe that would work, but Harrison Ford is Indiana Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom