• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

David Jaffe has hurt Phillip Spencers feelings

Who is in the wrong?

• David Jaffe

Votes: 87 22.7%
  • Phil Spencer

Votes: 296 77.3%

• Total voters

Banjo64

cumsessed
That’s right, when you suspend a multiplayer match on Xbox everyone else suspends also and you resume right where you left off! It’s a miracle box!
No one said that though. Just that you were wrong when you said if you get disconnected you have to navigate the menus again.

OrionNebula

I just skipped to the season finale, to see the big climax and see who won, but it looks like this has not been fully resolved yet

Hopefully this show gets renewed for season 2

Shmunter

Think he said ‘bullshit’ and then added that on Xbox quick resume is system baked but on PS5 devs have to manually create a card allowing you to join MP?
It’s not just one function, they can be anything and limitless, multiplayer types, special events, challenges, levels.

The system has many benefits and bound to get more creative, only limited by devs imagination.

Resuming multiple games is sensational, but it’s a different thing all together.

It’s not just one function, they can be anything and limitless, multiplayer types, special events, challenges, levels.

The system has many benefits and bound to get more creative, only limited by devs imagination.

Resuming multiple games is sensational, but it’s a different thing all together.
It does require the developer to program the game with the card system in mind though right? I don't believe that quick resume requires developer input. Additionally I wonder how wide spread that card system will be used for 3rd party titles. Do you know the adoption rate so far?

Shmunter

It does require the developer to program the game with the card system in mind though right? I don't believe that quick resume requires developer input. Additionally I wonder how wide spread that card system will be used for 3rd party titles. Do you know the adoption rate so far?
100%, devs can’t get enough of it.

TheContact

F2yiDB0.png

Thirty7ven

Banned

The card system doesn’t have to used to the fullest extent. Third parties allowing save states from the dashboard is the most straightforward and standard implementation, and it’s as good as it sounds.

Either way, implementation will vary according to the type of game, but big open world games, metroidvanias, Souls games, rpgs, are genres that will make bigger use of the feature. Accessibility improvements have been making big strides and the card system is perfect for that trend.

At the end of the day it’s something that greatly improves the experience and devs usually don’t want to be left behind so, the fear that devs won’t be using it is forum talk. Maybe if the PS5 wasn’t such an outrageous success out of the gate...

Last edited:
Top Bottom