• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

David Jaffe: David Jaffe says, "we all know a Bloodborne remake or remaster is in development" (based on journalist rumors)

K2D

Banned
I'm ready for Sony to shadow drop Bloodborne Remaster and Bloodborne 2 announcement.

Might be this summer.. might be 6 years from now. I'll be ready when it does.

dr strangelove film GIF

SABRE220

They did have videos of builds running on devkits that were released being played in real time. Very tight dungeon crawling, so visuals like that could be exploited more so.
Those builds were massively downgraded to the point it looked generations behind the trailer.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

So you're telling me with a straight face that the gameplay retained the same fidelity as the trailer?

Yes. The only super wow factor in that trailer was the fire particle effects (which we don't have to compare), which everything else textures and lighting wise are the same.

SABRE220

Yes. The only super wow factor in that trailer was the fire particle effects (which we don't have to compare), which everything else textures and lighting wise are the same.
Yeah that's just not true, I can't fathom how you can look at both videos and make the claim there is no downgrade. The geometric detail, bounce lighting, and overall fidelity are massively different, not even counting the fluid physics on the fire.

I have a feeling that bloodborne remake will be released next year. They are holding it back.
I agree with your post that they're holding it back for later, but....

giphy.gif

I had a slight moment of peace before your thread bump where I forgot Capcom had developed a really cool game that was playable, completely scrapped it, and then buried it. And now you've made me remember lol.

BootsLoader

Banned
I agree with your post that they're holding it back for later, but....

giphy.gif

I had a slight moment of peace before your thread bump where I forgot Capcom had developed a really cool game that was playable, completely scrapped it, and then buried it. And now you've made me remember lol.
I’m happy and I’m sorry at the same time. 🤷‍♂️ I just woke up today and really had that feeling that they have the game in development and working but they will release later. So I wanted to share with everyone.

Jormatar

At this point I believe it to be true. Yeah Schreider and Lance have said they haven't heard anything but I think that's on purpose. Nothing would be more hype than a new Bloodborne game announcement out of nowhere. Why would those two ruin the moment by saying "yeah it's true btw"? We all saw what happened with Elden Ring announcement. It was supposed to be hype as fuck considering G.R.R. Martin's involvement snd what not but you saw from the crowd reacting that all the hype was already diminished when people knew what to expect.

digdug2

At this point I believe it to be true. Yeah Schreider and Lance have said they haven't heard anything but I think that's on purpose. Nothing would be more hype than a new Bloodborne game announcement out of nowhere. Why would those two ruin the moment by saying "yeah it's true btw"? We all saw what happened with Elden Ring announcement. It was supposed to be hype as fuck considering G.R.R. Martin's involvement snd what not but you saw from the crowd reacting that all the hype was already diminished when people knew what to expect.
I'd bet that you're right. With all this Bloodborne smoke over the years, there's got to be fire, right? I really feel like they haven't upgraded the original PS4 version because they're cooking up something on a much larger scale. But who knows? I could be wrong.

Camreezie

Sad Mask GIF by Pudgy Penguins

yurinka

Hey, it eventually worked with Shenmue 3 and FFVII Remake. You keep making up rumors until the publishers get the message.
Pretty likely they alredy knew the message since the start, but had FromSoft and the porters busy with other projects, and/or prefered to release it with an upcoming movie/tv series or close to the announcement of its sequel.

Last edited:
The reality in this is that it absolutely needs to happen, lol. I know people whine about "port-begging", but really, the game is amazing and has a huge fanbase. Not only that, but the performance of the original is AWFUL, there's so many parts of the game where the FPS isn't stable. If anything is deserving of such a thing, it IS Bloodborne.

This and it has terrible iq

Puscifer

Just so we're clear, David Jaffe is completely disconnected from the industry itself atm. He's an outcast.
I wish people would get this, he lucks out once every 2 years with an actual industry person who's relevant but everyone else is ousted just like he his. I stopped watching his show after the time he admitted he chased a literal child over the fact God of War III got a 7/11 promotion when none of the titles he directed got one.

Bros fucking unhinged lmao

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
It's one of last gens best looking games.

30cEJ26.png
jQO9jWv.jpg
T9wFu9C.jpg
Bloodborne has FANTASTIC art direction, this my biggest reason why I dont want to see remake made Bluepoint.....I dont want them ruin is aesthetics again.

Give simple remaster or patch for 60FPS, that more enough to make me happy.

I REALY didn't like aesthetic changes in Demons Souls remake.

Last edited:
Bloodborne has FANTASTIC art direction, this my biggest reason why I dont want to see remake made Bluepoint.....I dont want them ruin is aesthetics again.

Give simple remaster or patch for 60FPS, that more enough to make me happy.

I REALY didn't like aesthetic changes in Demons Souls remake.

All I want is better framerate. I also would really like it if Bluepoint didn't fuck with it and insert their World of Warcraft-y visual flair into it. I like Demon's Souls as a remake overall but some of the changes to the aesthetics were crap imo.

PS: This dude is fucking annoying and I don't believe this is coming in any shape. He couldn't even settle on remaster or remake, big-ass difference.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
All I want is better framerate. I also would really like it if Bluepoint didn't fuck with it and insert their World of Warcraft-y visual flair into it. I like Demon's Souls as a remake overall but some of the changes to the aesthetics were crap imo.
EXACTLY! I got in FROM games in the first place because of their unique aesthetics, even back Armored Core days. Even to this day with bunch of Souls-like clone games none of them still can’t capture same artstyle…..I don’t need Bluepoint inserting their generic artstyle in to Bloodborne.

Just give me a simple remaster….please.

Last edited:
Top Bottom